Found Deceased CO - Saza Lee, 54, didn’t return from bike ride, Longmont, 10 Sep 2021

Oh, that doesn't sound nice. Is it creepy along there after dark?
For me personally, yes. Maybe I have been on WS too long and read too much true crime, but creeksides and long grasses and underpasses = nope territory. Too many shadowy hiding places, and there are a lot of people who live along these areas. Not all are bad but there are troubled people out there for sure.

I jogged at Sandstone Ranch last night and kept my eyes peeled. Strange thing is I did not see any missing flyers anywhere. One guy was hanging around with his dog and the dog took him closer towards the creek through thick grass, but I think the guy was playing Pokemon Go because he was staring at his phone. You can see people access this area as there are paths cut through the grasses.

Left on his own accord and not a victim of foul play? From this page

No new updates by Longmont PD on their forum. Still says "not a victim of a random crime, nor is this a random disappearance". But they're still investigating. I guess this wording doesn't exclude a non-random crime, like one involving someone he knew. Not sure what a non-random disappearance means apart from a planned disappearance or the possibility of self harm. MOO

Maybe I have been on WS too long and read too much true crime, but creeksides and long grasses and underpasses = nope. You can see people access this area as there are paths cut through the grasses.

I wonder if he was cutting through a path in the long grasses on his bike and came off, hurt himself? Or had a medical episode or something?

He could be laying in there and no-one can see him.

I wonder if he was cutting through a path in the long grasses on his bike and came off, hurt himself? Or had a medical episode or something?

He could be laying in there and no-one can see him.
Exactly. It might be worthwhile for LE to fly a drone or chopper along his route on a sunny day and look for a reflection of the sun against his bike.

<modsnip>

so Lefthand Greenway goes all the way to Boulder. And like I said I really dislike that area of trail. It is highly populated though. It takes you through Creekside and you can go to a Boulder or turn back north towards Hover.

Last edited by a moderator:
so Lefthand Greenway goes all the way to Boulder. And like I said I really dislike that area of trail. It is highly populated though. It takes you through Creekside and you can go to a Boulder or turn back north towards Hover.

Is it populated at night though? I'm not getting who would want to go for a bike ride around town after dark. Especially seeing he was at Kenamato at 10:30 that makes me think he wouldn't habe returned home anyways until 11:30 or later?

Not having been to Longmont, as a cyclist I was trying to visualize the route. Attached is a Googlemap image with bicycle routes highlighted. These are typically a mix of greenways and roads with bike lanes or otherwise amenable to cycling. In my experience they get this right about 90% of the time. Some roads that Google suggests around here I wouldn't bike on.

It looks like SL could have taken a variety of routes southeast toward Sandstone Ranch from his starting point (Main St. and Mtn. View). Then west on the St. Vrain Greenway, potentially detouring further south on the Left Hand Greenway to Kanemoto Park before turning back north to reach Hover St. by first backtracking on the Left Hand Greenway and going west on the St. Vrain or by going north from Kanemoto Park on S. Pratt Parkway.

Kanemoto Park is open 24 hours and Sandstone is open until 11 pm, all according to Google.
Looking at the pic of his bike I didn't see lights, but these are easily attached when needed. They're also required by law here in NC after dark, not sure about CO laws. The bike btw looks like it might be a fairly new Trek Checkpoint, a mid level bike suited for greenways, gravel, or road use.

Attachments

• Longmont.jpg
    Longmont.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 5
MOD NOTE

Websleuths welcomes new members!
If you have info to share, here are the rules for posting it:

1. Info posted as fact MUST include the link to the MSM source of that info
2. Info you know to be true because you are close the case or circumstances does not need a link ONLY IF you have been approved as a Verified Insider.
3. Opinion is welcome IF you state that it is IMO, MOO, etc., and that opinion is based in facts as published in the case.

Posts that fail to comply with the requirements will be removed. That has happened to several posts this morning, in addition to those that quoted the removed posts. It is possible that some post may be reinstated IF Verified Insider status is approved. Follow the highlighted link to begin the process.

THANK YOU for your continuing efforts to post respectfully and responsibly according to the Websleuths Terms of Service we all agreed to when we joined.

Faithfully,
CocoChanel
Administrator/Moderator

We are still searching and I have info that unfortunately I cannot share as I do not think I can become a verified insider. I will see if I can find a link outside of our local FB page. Drones are being used and a group of us went back out at 10am to the kanemoto park area with metal detectors.

If you are a local, and posting what you are seeing there, I believe it is allowed. It can be hard to know sometimes what is ok and what is not, though. Thank you for trying to keep us informed yet stay within WS’s terms of posting.

Websleuths says:
Locals:
We no longer verify locals. It became way too time consuming and we didn't feel it was necessary. However, if a moderator deems that a poster seems to be more of an insider than a local, we will ask that you become verified before posting information that is not in the mainstream media. Otherwise, you are free to post about your area and what you've observed.”
And:
“Locals who are describing the area or are members of the gyms and that sort of thing do not need to be verified.”
Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

<modsnip>

I completely agree with this. Very rarely I'll run along a part of the LOBO trail after dark. Just Wednesday night (Sept 8) I was running the LOBO trail just west/southwest of Hover (apparently close to the western edge of where SL would bike). I got spooked a bit when I saw someone about 20 feet off the trail in the bushes...looked like they had a bike and lights. I stopped my run and turned off my headlamp for a few seconds just to understand more of what I thought I was seeing...my initial thought was a homeless person going to their camp (there have apparently been some camps in the area) or maybe someone ditching a stolen bike. Sort of spooky and I didn't linger long (maybe 15 seconds). This was about 8 pm. I checked my Garmin to see if I could pinpoint exactly where/when I stopped but couldn't tell. About a year ago someone was beaten to death along the trail about two miles east and someone was knifed to death on a connecting trail not far from Hover. I hope SL is found safe.

Is it populated at night though? I'm not getting who would want to go for a bike ride around town after dark. Especially seeing he was at Kenamato at 10:30 that makes me think he wouldn't habe returned home anyways until 11:30 or later?

I wonder about the late bike ride, too. Was this normal for him to do? I’m not a cyclist, but JMO it seems a bit odd to go so late at night.

And the pic of him with “the exact clothes”—was that pic taken just before he left, or just a coincidence to be the clothes he had on? If a pic taken just before, who took the pic and why? Police looking for missing man - The Longmont Leader

I wonder about the late bike ride, too. Was this normal for him to do? I’m not a cyclist, but JMO it seems a bit odd to go so late at night.

And the pic of him with “the exact clothes”—was that pic taken just before he left, or just a coincidence to be the clothes he had on? If a pic taken just before, who took the pic and why? Police looking for missing man - The Longmont Leader

Mr. Carbuff is one of those people who gets very antsy when he doesn't get his daily exercise. While he normally prefers midday for his bike rides now that we're retired, back when he was working, he would sometimes go out quite late at night, especially if the day had been stressful. So I don't find it terribly odd that SL might be out late.

Cycling clothing is quite specialized--padded shorts, a certain style of top, etc. Most cyclists I know only have one or two outfits, so if anybody ever took a picture of him at all, it's quite likely he would have been wearing the same clothes.

I'm holding out hope that SL is found safely. I wrote yesterday about my experience running along part of that trail at night. A slight possibility could be a mountain lion attack. Mountain lions have been spotted in the general vicinity (a few miles southwest), especially near waterways, on animal cams. I'm leery about them whenever I run at night along trails (which is less frequently now), even within residential areas. I saw a family of bobcats about 18 months ago along such a trail at night. The challenge I see about a mountain lion theory could be - wouldn't a bicycle be found near the trail? I think the possibility is low on the list but still something to consider. Again, hopefully SL is found safe and there's a good explanation for him going missing. I'm planning to search the location this afternoon that I mentioned in post #33 above. As an aside, I saw someone that seemed out of place walking along a roadway last year and when I read a missing/vulnerable persons bulletin put out by the local (Longmont) PD, I reported a tip which I believe helped lead to the person being found safely in a nearby town (lost, confused and without their medications).

WS rules says, in regard to social media pages that are not of the “Help Find” type of pages: “Don't link to these pages or make reference to information you find on them.”

So, I believe I am staying within the rules to say there’s a Voice of Longmont page, maybe this is the one @akazia1978 was talking about. We can’t bring information from there to WS, or link the page, but if you find it, you may take a look at it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back