CO CO - Saza Lee, 54, didn’t return from bike ride, Longmont, 10 Sep 2021

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by mlhenn, Sep 12, 2021.

1. RJRecon

RJRecon New Member

A mountain lion would not really explain why nothing has been found in regards to the bike or cell phone. Police have stated it doesn't seem to be a random disappearance or random crime, which leads me to believe they have information they cannot release yet because it could hinder their investigation.

DeDee, slowpoke and LaborDayRN like this.

2. JnRyan

JnRyan Well-Known Member

Still checking in. Very little information is coming out from the media, LE or local cycling community. The "Help Find Saza Lee" Facebook page seems to be the only way to get updates now. There was a search on Sunday, 17 Oct and there is supposed to be another on Sunday, 24 Oct.

I'm still wondering about LE's statement that this was not a random event, especially since his bike, Camelbak or helmet have not been found.

Hazelnutty, carbuff, slowpoke and 3 others like this.
  3. DeDee

DeDee Well-Known Member

LEO says Mr. Lee's missing person's case is not random so it must have been planned. Which part of it did he plan? Was his wife in on the planning of his disappearance? It seems as though she's had to make significant living arrangements since Mr. Lee's departure so she may be clueless.

LEO says his bank accounts haven't been touched but were withdrawals made prior to his disappearance? Did he pocket an end of the year bonus? Did he have a vehicle planted along the trail somewhere so he could toss the bike inside or on a bike rack? Did he have a job elsewhere waiting for him?

This event was nonrandom. It was not by chance. It was arranged to happen.

Why would he do this? An affair or simply for the act of being free? Where did Mr. Lee go? Somewhere familiar? Was he suicidal? Did he ride off a steep, sheer cliff in the area?

MOO HOO

4. JnRyan

JnRyan Well-Known Member

Over a month and a half at this point and the media and LE statements have dried up.

I wonder, slowpoke, DeDee and 5 others like this.
  5. JnRyan

JnRyan Well-Known Member

LE's comments that he went missing voluntarily within 3 days are puzzling to me on the surface. What does LE have other than they just cannot find him, his bike or anything else? What is really puzzling is that LE holds back information when investigating a crime. But if they don't believe there is a crime why would LE be holding back the details?

6. slowpoke

slowpoke Well-Known Member

Saw online that a prayer vigil is going to take place tomorrow (November 14) at 6 pm at Kanemoto Park in Longmont.

Missing since September 10th… Gosh, what could have happened to Saza. smh

LaborDayRN, DeDee, mlhenn and 4 others like this.
  7. annpats

annpats Well-Known Member

I was thinking about him last week, but couldn't remember his name. As it all went quiet, I thought he'd been located and/or found safe. Sometimes when that happens, LE doesn't update the 'missing' status to found on webpages etc.

But he is still missing. And his bike too. In fact, no trace of him whatsoever. No wallet, phone, shoe......nothing.

8. annpats

LE seemed to think this was a planned disappearance.

But, perhaps the disappearance wasn't planned by Saza, but by those who have taken him.

As his bank accounts haven't been touched, I am thinking he came to harm.

Was he taken? If you take him, you take his bike, otherwise you'll leave a clue. Taking a bike as well needs quite a bit of space, so what do you need, a van?
    I can't believe he and his bike were actually taken away from the area, yet there is no trace anywhere....

9. bykerladi

bykerladi Well-Known Member

I'm confused. Even if he voluntarily is missing, or its a planned disappearance, isn't LE required to keep searching until they confirm he's alive or not?

10. annpats

Well, yes, you would think so.

The police could say that everyone who has disappeared is 'voluntarily missing' and never do any detective work again!

But, well, budget cuts and other financial and personnel restrictions means unless they have a massive clue (weapon, blood spatter, CCTV footage) it will probably just fade away and become another cold case.

11. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

NOV 14, 2021
    LONGMONT MAN MISSING: Family hosts vigil for man missing since September | FOX31 Denver (kdvr.com)
    Longmont Police are still investigating the disappearance of 54-year-old Saza Lee, who went missing after leaving for a bike ride on Sept. 10.

Friends of Lee’s wife Bobbie, and stepdaughter Caitlyn hosted a vigil Sunday night at Kanemoto Park in Longmont to pray for his safe return.

[...]

Police said they believe Lee left on his own and he is not a victim of a random crime, nor is this a random disappearance. Lee left for a bike ride at 8 p.m. around the area of Main Street and Mountain View Avenue. Police said Lee’s route generally takes him along greenways to Sandstone Ranch and then west toward Hover Street.

[...]

LaborDayRN, DeDee, Spider92 and 5 others like this.
  12. slowpoke

slowpoke Well-Known Member

LaborDayRN, DeDee, sassyblue and 3 others like this.
  13. JEM1975

JEM1975 Well-Known Member

Hello everyone. I will submit the email to become a verified insider. I am a local and have also been organizing the searches as well as the vigil that we hosted this weekend. Am I allowed to give the information that I know as a local or do I need to wait until I become verified?

LaborDayRN, j_in_c, DeDee and 5 others like this.
  14. JEM1975

JEM1975 Well-Known Member

I just submitted the request to become verified and once it is complete, I will be happy to answer as many questions as I can.

LaborDayRN, Laughing, dkryder and 4 others like this.
  15. HM99

HM99 Well-Known Member

I wonder if he left some sort of note saying he was leaving and that’s why LE considers him voluntarily missing?

LaborDayRN, mlhenn and Spider92 like this.
  16. Spider92

Spider92 Well-Known Member

From that same article about the vigil. I just can't reconcile the statements below from LE and Saza's spouse:

Police said they believe Lee left on his own and he is not a victim of a random crime, nor is this a random disappearance

“I don’t know what happened that night but we need him to come home,” Bobbie said.

LaborDayRN, mlhenn and sassyblue like this.
  17. bykerladi

bykerladi Well-Known Member

bump

LaborDayRN and Spider92 like this.
  18. annpats

This case makes it into my Top 10 mysterious disappearemces chart.

19. DeDee

DeDee Well-Known Member

As humans we prefer resolutions to problems.

Saza Lee was reported missing but the Law believes he left on his own accord. Hence, I suppose they won't be telling us where Saza is now living. One would think the Law would be required to inform his beloved wife of the truth whether or not the rest of us ever know or not.

It is Christmastime. The family deserves to know something truthful about his disappearance. Did LE speak to him and he declared he wished his family and friends to be kept in the dark and they are respecting his wishes? If so, I find that to be quite cruel. I pray his wife is able to move forward without this missing person and make the very best of her life.

20. mrsNKY

mrsNKY Well-Known Member

I suppose @JEM1975 was not verified or has a reason for not returning to this thread. I was anxious to see what light she could shed on this mystery. Hopefully Mr Lee is safe as is his family. Sounds like one of those cases that may be best unknown for now.

DeDee, mlhenn, Laughing and 3 others like this.