CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Document

Anadarko | Dacono, CO - Official Website

For those interested, this is the map and site for Anadarko oil tanks. I'm currently checking out google maps for the tanks shown in a video another member has posted (if indeed they're the correct ones the msm has shown or randomly chosen) because there are several sites as you can see above, it looked remote in video but not so on google maps. There are houses, Colorado Speedway and Auto Salvage yard, businesses nearby.

Actually, this is not the location of the Anadarko tanks in question. You can find the coordinates to the location where the bodies were found in the arrest affidavit. It was pretty far out east, and pretty remote.

I am on the fence with these three scenarios:
* he planned it all in advance (but was thwarted in the coverup by the friend alerting LE)
* he was enraged by the girls while SW was out of town and he killed them, so then killed SW too
* an argument happened with SW and he killed her, and so then killed the girls too.

IDK. I guess I lean toward the idea that he planned it in advance (and I don't have an idea of how far in advance....could have been after she left for the conference). But, even knowing he put the girls in the tanks, it's hard to accept he PLANNED to do that. IDK.

I'm hopeful autopsies can tell us something, anything.

jmopinion
I lean towards #3, but what he did afterwards is inexplicable. So that leads me to #1, with the whole plan gone awry due to the plane being late. If only he could have dragged her up those stairs and thrown her in the tank, how would anyone have known where they were. So plane delay, and the persistent, worried Nickole.

What's everyone's thinking about the order of the murders? Do you think the children were murdered before or after SW?

My current thought is that the girls were already gone by the time SW arrived home. But, I'm not totally 100% with that theory.

And, what's everyone thinking about the planning? Did he get in a fight with SW, kill her, and then decide to kill the children as an afterthought? Or did he plan the whole thing from the start - to get rid of his entire family?

(These questions are going with the assumption CW is the one responsible for all murders, as charged by LE.)

jmo
I think the girls were dead before SW got home though I am open to changing my mind on that. As far as CW snapping or premeditating, I'm leaning towards premeditation because of the dump site. It's just so remote and I think that gives me the sense that he put thought into this. Where I can't seem to decide is whether they were strangled while asleep or if they were awake. If SW was awake, I would expect CW to have gouges and scratches from her fighting back. IMO, he wanted freedom. The AP, finances, and new pregnancy were likely triggers.

If you open a phone with a fingerprint, you think can change the passwords? And then you could open it later? Forensics and the phone will be interesting.

I've been a lurker on this case since the first thread, and this is my first post...

Not sure what kind of phone she had, and I don't know how password change works on an Android. However, on an iPhone, you can change the passcode after opening with a fingerprint or passcode. When my dad died, my sister wanted to try to open his phone with his fingerprint. However, after an iPhone is dead and repowered, you have to re-enter the passcode. We could not open his phone because nobody knew his passcode. If her phone was dead, the sicko would not have been able to change the passcode unless he knew the current passcode. I hope this is the case.

Hope this helps!

So this is really hard to type. But here goes. My ex husband strangled me once. He was drunk and it didn't last long thankfully. But his arms were longer than mine, and although I was struggling, I only ended up leaving one scratch mark on him and I ripped the collar of his shirt. I only remember it because he tried to tell the cops about it - as if HE was somehow a victim too! (They didn't care - loaded his sorry butt in their car and hauled him off). I was on the floor on my back, and he was on top of me. Anyway, it is possible that she struggled hard and still didn't make many marks on him. )-:

Also, I was pregnant at the time. I know there are stats on it if you Google, but women are more likely to be killed by partners when they're pregnant.

Side note, if anyone wonders, my ex husband has been out of my life and the kids' lives for a long long time. It took a lot to get him that way, but it's so GOOD! (-:

One other thing. This ex husband that I just spoke of (the only one)... I had a surgery once and he helped me to the bathroom after. I started to pass out while on the toilet. I remember I just wanted to get the darn TP and get myself back to bed. He freaked out, pulling the "help" chain frantically. I came to pretty quickly and just wanted to wipe without a crowd lol (a bunch of hospital staff plus him falling all over me). I wasn't worried, but it took him awhile to calm down, stop shaking, stop crying. He was SO worried. But that same SOB who was SO concerned cheated like crazy. He could be so loving and wasn't ever controlling, unlike a lot of abusers. But he was a mess. I came to the conclusion that his "love" was a weird selfish love with a huge fear of abandonment. I don't know that CW was abusive to SW, but he could have had the same sort of selfish love, and was therefore capable of cheating cheating cheating, and when faced with losing SW, he flipped.

Edited to fix autocorrect stuff.

Sending you hugs. Thank goodness you got out!

Agree. I wonder why SW would go away for 6 weeks if she suspected cheating. It leads me to believe she didn’t suspect it until later. I tend to subscribe to the theory that someone told her something. We know he was pretty brazen with AP. Someone could’ve texted her from Anadarko, or someone might have seen them on one of their dates & asked SW about it...

This also leads me to believe she didn't know something was up when she went away. Her only hint that something was amiss may have been if her calls were going directly to his voicemail and he was very slow in getting back to her. Or she noticed a change in his attitude. I think if someone had told her he'd been seen on a date with another woman, this story may have had a different ending.

To suspect your husband might be cheating is very different than to know that your husband is cheating, IMO. Suspicion of a possible affair can result in going into a state of denial because you don't want to believe it could be true. When there is knowledge of an affair, denial goes out the door and decisions can be made that are focused on protecting yourself and your children. JMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member