CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. Shanann would have fought for her life. Why no scratch marks on CW? What did he do?
Every scenario you guys describe defy CW’s explanation that he reacted in a rage! Rage means not taking time to think about, “I better get her in such a way that she can’t leave scratch marks,” rage means you grab her neck and have at it!

Re: his demeanor in the interviews with the media.

Everyone is confused why he is so calm, unaffected, unemotional during these.

One theory as good as any is that he has already emotionally detached from his family by this point. He may have spent the past year (or more) contemplating and considering this final act. And as he got closer and closer to it, his emotional connection to them decreased.

He still put on a good front with his actions, but inside was a different story. His extramarital affairs were both a cause and an effect of this emotional disengagement.

One would almost need to be completely disengaged from their family in order to do what he did.
I also think he was practiced at hiding the truth. If he had an exciting encounter with one of his APs, he certainly couldn't come home looking like it, ykwim? I think he went into his "cover up" mode that wasn't particularly unfamiliar to him.

jmo

Thanks for posting these links. What I noticed is the monitor images both have a blue tint to them -- not a "blue child" but he entire screen shot is blue tint. Perhaps that's the tiny truth revealed in CW's lie of what he observed in the monitor.

I’m just noting baby monitors , as in the video I showed you are color and use infra lighting , it doesn’t disturb the babies sleep that way while recording ( think flash on camera to see color image in dark ) . I totally think he is guilty AGAIN . I was stating we are all focused on the image black and white and that is only with lights off . I am sad there is the possibility of no recording on it because that would seal his fate
I previously posted one of SW videos of one of her kids in their crib. The video was off their baby monitor. Everything is tinted blue. The child is awake, making noise, jumping around. I will try to repost.

I also think he was practiced at hiding the truth. If he had an exciting encounter with one of his APs, he certainly couldn't come home looking like it, ykwim? I think he went into his "cover up" mode that wasn't particularly unfamiliar to him.

jmo

And if he truly is a dangerous narcissist/psychopath...they have no feelings for others. They *learn* how to behave normally in certain situations, but they only behave "normally" when it suits them. Sometimes they are just too arrogant to care to try.

They are the three E's = Exploitation. Entitlement. Empathy Impairment.

Re: his demeanor in the interviews with the media.

Everyone is confused why he is so calm, unaffected, unemotional during these.

One theory as good as any is that he has already emotionally detached from his family by this point. He may have spent the past year (or more) contemplating and considering this final act. And as he got closer and closer to it, his emotional connection to them decreased.

He still put on a good front with his actions, but inside was a different story. His extramarital affairs were both a cause and an effect of this emotional disengagement.

One would almost need to be completely disengaged from their family in order to do what he did.

Yes, similar to John List, who murdered his wife, his three children and his mother after he lost his job and was facing foreclosure. He said he wanted to spare his family the embarassment. He was VP of a bank and went to church every Sunday.

After shooting his wife and mother, he went to the post office, the bank, and made some phone calls before sitting down to eat at the same table where he shot his wife. Later he killed his children, then put on some music while cleaning up all the blood.

One big difference (there are others) with that case though, is that he left a confession letter. Then he fled to Colorado and remarried, using another name. It was 18 years before he was found.

1971 Family Killer Breaks Silence

Agree with almost all of this but need to add two things .
1. My door I get alerts . So no monitoring needed . If someone enters I know bc I get an alert of who it is . Also we can send the phone ap so others can open my door . With that you need no code it opens with your phone in front of it. This would explain the door opening but chain locked so NU could see inside . SW IMO gave her that app . Which could also mean she expected something bad or she simply had it bc they lived near each other and were business associates so used it sometimes .
2. The moniter most likely has night vision so that is crucial being what his defense would say “she turned the lights on to do it” at this point color images would be on screen . As an example ,this is a low end model
Summer Infant - Baby Video Monitors
I am hoping they had the one connects to a phone app so she could view kids from it or one that records like a nanny cam footage police could use to show footage from it .
I think he is guilty so please don’t see me as rude I’m just trying to think of all possibilities

I will add a couple of others. He was not wearing his wedding ring nor the bracelet he always wore for lupus.

I think he was speaking to other people he could not contact, stating that there are no cameras at the back of the house to make the other person feel better?

I believe he smothered the two children, and I cannot even fathom even the worst monster would strangle a child. I think he smother them. He may have strangled her, in her sleep therefore no marks on him as he did it while she was sleeping on her back or side and caught her by surprise and sat on her torso and arms so she could not do anything about it..

Based on pictures, CW hadn't really worn his ring since the New Year and last year it was off and on. I don't think he really thought that was that big of a deal. Now, had he been wearing it up until that Monday then that would be odd. I think already having it off was just second nature at this point. Now, the lupus bracelet is the odd thing here.

According to the affidavit Chris said he was in the bedroom and saw on the monitor on Shanann’s nightstand Bella lying blue on her bed and Shannan strangling Celeste.

Obviously he was lying (IMO), but it sounds like there were cameras in each of the girls rooms and the parent unit was on Shanann’s bedside.

Last edited:

CW seems to have told half truths when he commented about what went on in that house on 8/12-8/13. Looking at SW posted pics of the baby monitor, this could be another one. The pics are BLUE. He described seeing his child turned blue; albeit the whole image is shades of blue.

There are other psychological conditions other than just psychopath that can cause people to be emotionally disconnected from others.

Until I have a lot more information about CW's history, for me its too simplistic to slap this label on him as an explanation for why he committed this crime.

Based on pictures, CW hadn't really worn his ring since the New Year and last year it was off and on. I don't think he really thought that was that big of a deal. Now, had he been wearing it up until that Monday then that would be odd. I think already having it off was just second nature at this point. Now, the lupus bracelet is the odd thing here.
He lost 50 pounds. The ring was probably too big.

I also don't believe the keypad didn't work. I have one at my house too and the only reason I think it wouldn't work is if you somehow forgot the code and needed it to be reset.

In the Bonita Springs case they learned so much about the crime due to the garage door alarm being reset. But this garage door opener doesn't look like it would capture time of changing the codes as the one in Bonita Springs case did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288