CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the key to C.W. is “why was he so withdrawn”.
I taught in a small town jr. high for 3 years in eastern N.C. and I don’t remember any of my students being “withdrawn”. My students told me a lot more than I wanted to know.
The fact that no locals, except this teacher, have come forward to speak to the media about CW is weird. There’s always someone in a small town who knows everything.
I agree it's odd for a small town (said as someone who's spent her whole life in small towns), but my understanding is he wasn't from a small town--he's from Fayetteville, NC, isn't he? So, it's a big city and has a large military base. It might not be as unusual there to have kids who just sort of blend in. They might also just very large classes that prevent the level of interaction you'd experience in a smaller school and have a lot of students who aren't there for very long if their military parents move a lot. (Not saying his folks were military--I assume they were locals.)

Good point! Perhaps that was why there was bedding on the floor....CW was confirming there was no blood on the mattress? MOO
I don't think there was any blood evidence in the home because all the photos I have scene of LE and forensic staff in the home, none of them had the hazmat suits on or booties on. If there was blood in the home, they would be wearing those special suits for sure.
I don't think CW used a weapon other then his hands or a pillow
Dks1DWMU8AAlZRz.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree it's odd for a small town (said as someone who's spent her whole life in small towns), but my understanding is he wasn't from a small town--he's from Fayetteville, NC, isn't he? So, it's a big city and has a large military base. It might not be as unusual there to have kids who just sort of blend in. They might also just very large classes that prevent the level of interaction you'd experience in a smaller school and have a lot of students who aren't there for very long if their military parents move a lot. (Not saying his folks were military--I assume they were locals.)

He’s from Spring Lake, which is a small town near Fayetteville.

Was reporting to work...in the field, or an office to punch a card?

I read way upthread that he was a field engineer. My nephew is a oil field engineer in Texas. I asked his mom what his duties looked like--what he did on the daily.

She said he usually went to a main office and checked in--not always though---but usually went to main office, then looked at data and communications and set up a schedule for the day, of which locations he needed to attend to. He would leave that info up on the communication center so others would know where he expected to be, if they needed him.

So he had a lot of leeway, to decide for himself where and when he would go to certain locations. His job, in general, is to keep everything running smoothly and do the necessary maintenance or order someone else do it and he checks it out.

So no one would think twice if they saw CW's work truck at any of the company's locations because his job demands he check out everything at various times. And it is up to him, unless there is an emergency at one place.

Perhaps I’m wrong, but wasn’t the fitted sheet found near the oil tanks?
I'm not sure if it was reported that it was a fitted sheet - I can't remember now. What I do know, is that pillowcases and a top sheet were found in the kitchen trash can. Also, I was thinking of the bedding on the floor of the master bedroom that the officers inspected. I apologize for any confusion, and I will correct my post.
https://www.courts.state.co.us/user...18CR2003/001/Warrantless Arrest Affidavit.pdf

Well that's new for me, hair indicates TOD? That would be hair still attached to the body? Silly question? I don't get it.

If you Google death band on hair you will find information. We learned a lot about it in Caylee Anthony's case.

When you die, there is a death band that forms at the root of the hair. It doesn't denote time of death though in the latest articles I have seen from the body farm in Oak Ridge Tennessee( for those that remember dr. Arpad Voss in the Anthony case) that were published three years ago. It does have differences in the time it takes to form the death band due to heat and water Etc.

A man identified as ***** ***** came forward on social media Thursday to say he's the one who had the affair with Watts. (...) He claims police reached out to him after finding his name on the dating app MeetMe, which they found on Watts' cellphone.

Chris Watts Murder Case: Man Claims He Had Affair With Dad Accused of Killing Wife, Kids

His story rings true. If he's willing to be identified, I would guess that he's not making this up. The interview sounded authentic.

@Bill Carson

@cottonweaver

Off Topic

My phone was acting very wonky today. I posted a reply to each of you & they got jumbled together. I apologize. While typing my replies, my phone would jump to the top of the page. One or two didn't post at all. Just sorry they were mixed up together.

I keep thinking I'm going to get caught back up on Ray Gricar's case while waiting for information on Shanann's. This case keeps calling me back.

Busy evening, looks like pages & pages to catch up on.

Sorry, again if my posts today felt discombobulated :)

I'm not sure if it was reported that it was a fitted sheet - I can't remember now. What I do know, is that pillowcases and a top sheet were found in the kitchen trash can. Also, I was thinking of the bedding on the floor of the master bedroom that the officers inspected. I apologize for any confusion, and I will correct my post.
https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/19th_Judicial_District/caseofinterest/2018CR2003/001/Warrantless Arrest Affidavit.pdf

Affidavit states it was a bed sheet that was found by oil tanks. Not sure why my brain is focused on fitted sheets.

I think the key to C.W. is “why was he so withdrawn”.
I taught in a small town jr. high for 3 years in eastern N.C. and I don’t remember any of my students being “withdrawn”. My students told me a lot more than I wanted to know.
The fact that no locals, except this teacher, have come forward to speak to the media about CW is weird. There’s always someone in a small town who knows everything.
Exactly!

Just when I thought there would be no new info until the next court date.

Hairs in the truck - how can they be used to determine TOD? That's new to me.

And, thank goodness he didn't delete texts and searches. That's amazing. Next thing you know he'll leave a bedsheet as evidence. Oh wait.

jmo

if they found death banding in the hairs of the children and shan'ann with roots to get DNA also,, that would verify his statement that he put the bodies that were dead in the back of the truck. That is probably what they are trying to do. Is to verify what he said and not just Take his word for it. The state has to prove it.

The fitted sheet: killed in bed - shes already on the sheet - why get another? - easier to drag her on the sheets shes already on - intend to redo the bed later.

Background: Unusual that we know NOTHING or almost about him, siblings, home life,

I'm not convinced that CW is especially intelligent. I mean, look where he's sitting right now. But even if I'm wrong, he wouldn't be the first family annihilator with brains.

For instance, William Bradford Bishop had a BS in history from Yale, an MA in international studies from the University of CA, and also attended Middlebury College. He served four years in Army counterintelligence, worked for the US State Department, and speaks five languages.

He bludgeoned his wife, three children and his mother to death with a ball peen hammer, then drove six hours with their bodies in the car, dug a shallow hole where he piled the bodies, doused them with gasoline and set them on fire.

And here's the scary part - that was 1976 and he still has not been found.
https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/murders/william-bradford-bishop-jr/@@download.pdf

BBM

It seems that these things have a way of snowballing, don't they? I mean, if you kill your wife, now you've made orphans of your children, so the humane thing to do is put them out of their future misery. And now having killed your children, who wants to put momma through the pain of losing her grandchildren? She has to go, too.

I think it goes so much deeper. She was involved in a profession and movement that believed if you visualize it, it will be. She wouldn’t allow herself to have or express negative thoughts. Negative thoughts were the enemy.
Plus, she's in sales. Salespeople smile. It's not always sincere, but they are trying to make the sale. Most of the videos are essentially sales calls.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member