CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. When I looked at SW’s FB it made me uncomfortable. Even though her page is open to the public I felt I was over stepping personal boundaries. I wondered if she was able to change her FB page to private after all this if she would. I stopped looking and haven’t looked at it again. I’m usually fairly snoopy when it comes to threads I’m following, but for some reason it didn’t feel right this time.
Same! I watched quite a few vids. and it felt really intrusive.

Curious about their house and finances, now. I believe in Texas he would be the heir until convicted. I don't know about Colorado. Has the action by the HOA been postponed, has someone paid them, or will they take the house? He's in jail with no income, what happens to the house, cars, credit cards, etc.? My 37 year old step-daughter passed unexpectedly in 2016 (epilepsy). Her finances, credit, etc., were impeccable, except she had no will. We and her father hired an attorney to handle all the legal matters and in the meantime we kept everything paid on time. Slowly, but surely, everything has been dealt with; house and car sold, accounts closed etc., but it's been hard. Almost resolved now, two years later, but not quite yet.

So, can or will the family/families try to save the house and assets? Would it be worthwhile? Or is everything lost?
Specific to SW's affairs, if SW had a will, the person she named as her personal representative will be formerly named by a probate Judge as the person in charge of her estate. The personal representative or executor is empowered to act on SW's behalf and will address many of the matters you noted in your post including hiring an attorney, etc. On the other hand, CW is not dead, and considered innocent until proven guilty so he too will have to make decisions regarding his/their assets and liabilities, depending on how their assets were titled and whether they were jointly liable for their debt, etc. It's obviously more complicated but just wanted to point out there are estate laws in place and formal procedures with court oversight for things to be handled. MOO

Last edited:
I agree. When I looked at SW’s FB it made me uncomfortable. Even though her page is open to the public I felt I was over stepping personal boundaries. I wondered if she was able to change her FB page to private after all this if she would. I stopped looking and haven’t looked at it again. I’m usually fairly snoopy when it comes to threads I’m following, but for some reason it didn’t feel right this time.
I feel the same way. Like I’m a Peeping Tom. It makes me very uncomfortable. Who am I to look at someone’s life and judge them? But I’ve grown to love SW. I think she was a really good person, trying her best every day. Those children were so adorable, so well cared for, and that little CeCe, what a doll! Such a happy, funny little girl! And Bella, too.

Specific to SW's affairs, if SW had a will, the person she named as her personal representative will be formerly named by a probate Judge as the person in charge of her estate. The personal representative or executor is empowered to act on SW's behalf and will address many the matters you noted in your post including hiring an attorney, etc. On the other hand, CW is not dead, and considered innocent until proven guilty so he too will have to make decisions regarding his/their assets and liabilities, depending on how their assets were titled and whether they were jointly liable for their debt, etc. It's obviously more complicated but just wanted to point out there are estate laws in place and formal procedures with court oversight for things to be handled. MOO
I googled to see what happened with finances for Scott Peterson, and Laci’s mother ended up with everything. I did run across an article stating Scott sold Laci’s Land Rover while she was still missing. Laci’s Mom was outraged, Scott’s sister said he needed the money. The person who bought the car ended up selling it back to Laci’s mom for $1.00.

Specific to SW's affairs, if SW had a will, the person she named as her personal representative will be formerly named by a probate Judge as the person in charge of her estate. The personal representative or executor is empowered to act on SW's behalf and will address many of the matters you noted in your post including hiring an attorney, etc. On the other hand, CW is not dead, and considered innocent until proven guilty so he too will have to make decisions regarding his/their assets and liabilities, depending on how their assets were titled and whether they were jointly liable for their debt, etc. It's obviously more complicated but just wanted to point out there are estate laws in place and formal procedures with court oversight for things to be handled. MOO
I understand that, but was wondering if he'd be allowed to do anything from jail? Seems doubtful. If somethings aren't dealt with, like the HOA, serious consequences could arise. I know, from experience, that some things have to be dealt with quickly. Another burden for the families. Thanks for the response.

I googled to see what happened with finances for Scott Peterson, and Laci’s mother ended up with everything. I did run across an article stating Scott sold Laci’s Land Rover while she was still missing. Laci’s Mom was outraged, Scott’s sister said he needed the money. The person who bought the car ended up selling it back to Laci’s mom for $1.00.
I believe that's true. Laci's Mum was also Laci's personal representative and/or executor. As executor, Mum filed two separate lawsuits against SP for wrongful death action, and a survival action. I do remember that a judge ruled that proceeds of life insurance SP took out on LP would go to Mum, but she had to sue for it.

Was looking for information on Anadarko and funeral expenses and came across this article I'd never seen before. Not about Anadarko, but headline is that the girls may have been killed first. Several photos, including of the tanks, and also videos and court documents. Sorry if it's been linked before.

"Shanann Watts' girls may have been dead when she got home from trip, charges show"

Chris Watts murder case: Daughters may have been dead when Shanann Watts got home, charges show

I have to believe, based on all I've read, that LE has more evidence than they've released, proving the daughters died first and before Shanann got home. It also seems, since the charges were ALL first degree, that they believe it was all premeditated. How very horrible!

In regards to the dog howling; people generally need to hear things for a long time or several times before they react. Did they hear a howling/wailing and think it was the dog and then heard it again and called the police who responded, after CW left. Could they have heard two different things and thought they were the same? One being Shanann seeing her dead daughters and wailing, and then the dog? Could the dog have joined in with her wailing? I had a Labrador who did that, whined if someone was crying or howled when someone screamed! Something truly horrible and evil happened in that house!

I agree, but just once I’d like to see the parents of a murderer come forward and say, “I don’t know what came over my son/daughter, we had no idea, we feel horrible, we support the victim 100%, we are so sorry, we will do our best to counsel our offspring to make a full and complete confession.” I’ve seen where parents do that with mass killings, but not so much (maybe never?) when fewer have been murdered.
Well, we don’t know what was said in private, where it would matter the most. Also, from the defense standpoint, we don’t know whether or not they were told not to speak to the media. I’m not certain we have the right to demand it of them.

I understand that, but was wondering if he'd be allowed to do anything from jail? Seems doubtful. If somethings aren't dealt with, like the HOA, serious consequences could arise. I know, from experience, that some things have to be dealt with quickly. Another burden for the families. Thanks for the response.
You are correct about time being of the essence with things such as the HOA suit! However, the HOA lawsuit was filed against both CW and SW, so there would no doubt be a continuance by the court to postpone the original court date. Yes, just another burden on the family representing SW's estate.

I have to believe, based on all I've read, that LE has more evidence than they've released, proving the daughters died first and before Shanann got home. It also seems, since the charges were ALL first degree, that they believe it was all premeditated. How very horrible!
Snipped by me.

I believe the law is that the killing of a child is always first degree, whether premeditated or not. This is exactly why CW is claiming SW killed the children, not him.

Shanann was a fighter! She fought serious health issues and prevailed. She fought to be healthy and energetic and was. She fought long odds to be a mother and won. She fought to be successful and she was succeeding. This was not a woman who would harm the children she fought and took risks to have. Nor was she someone who would not fight back. I have to believe she was overcome in some way. She was a fighter, she had long acrylic finger nails, there would have been adrenaline and therefore there should have been a struggle and wounds on SW.

Did CW overpower her as she stared at her dead children in disbelief, perhaps throw her. face down, onto the sofa in the loft where he used his weight and strength to over power her? While this was happening did the phone she was holding, and had been carrying in her hand, fall into the cushions where it was found?

I'm having a hard time with this, it's so senseless and monstrous.

You are correct about time being of the essence with things such as the HOA suit! However, the HOA lawsuit was filed against both CW and SW, so there would no doubt be a continuance by the court to postpone the original court date. Yes, just another burden on the family representing SW's estate.
Thanks!

Snipped by me.

I believe the law is that the killing of a child is always first degree, whether premeditated or not. This is exactly why CW is claiming SW killed the children, not him.
Thanks. Not in very state. Not in Texas or NC for instance. MacDonald was tried for first degree on just his youngest daughter in NC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldDustyBooks