CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shanann was a fighter! She fought serious health issues and prevailed. She fought to be healthy and energetic and was. She fought long odds to be a mother and won. She fought to be successful and she was succeeding. This was not a woman who would harm the children she fought and took risks to have. Nor was she someone who would not fight back. I have to believe she was overcome in some way. She was a fighter, she had long acrylic finger nails, there would have been adrenaline and therefore there should have been a struggle and wounds on SW.

Did CW overpower her as she stared at her dead children in disbelief, perhaps throw her. face down, onto the sofa in the loft where he used his weight and strength to over power her? While this was happening did the phone she was holding, and had been carrying in her hand, fall into the cushions where it was found?

I'm having a hard time with this, it's so senseless and monstrous.
I agree with you, SW would have fought like hell.
I was in an abusive relationship for 18 years and when babies are involved you fight.
I was 7 months pregnant with my first born when my ex attacked me in the shower because I refused to call him in sick to work.
He broke a glass shower door over me and you fight with everything you have to protect yourself and child.
It's going to be interesting to see what comes up in trial (if there is a trial).
I was thinking maybe he used a stun gun or defiantly got her from behind. IMO

I think when Shanann got home that night 2 a.m. she found out he was cheating but with a male! She could have seen it either on his phone or their computer and she flipped out and humiliated him which enraged him. He killed her first I believe and then did not want his girls to find out about his affair and killed them. He looks pretty sensitive to me.

I agree with you, SW would have fought like hell.
I was in an abusive relationship for 18 years and when babies are involved you fight.
I was 7 months pregnant with my first born when my ex attacked me in the shower because I refused to call him in sick to work.
He broke a glass shower door over me and you fight with everything you have to protect yourself and child.
It's going to be interesting to see what comes up in trial (if there is a trial).
I was thinking maybe he used a stun gun or defiantly got her from behind. IMO

Good post. I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I hope you and your children are safe and well now. A stun gun is an interesting thought. It would leave evidence.

I think when Shanann got home that night 2 a.m. she found out he was cheating but with a male! She could have seen it either on his phone or their computer and she flipped out and humiliated him which enraged him. He killed her first I believe and then did not want his girls to find out about his affair and killed them. He looks pretty sensitive to me.
I believe some of his interview had some truth to it. When he says she killed the girls then he killed SW, I believe the part the girls died first.
In his mind his story can't hold up as hopefully we will be able to find out the times of death and IMO we will find out the girls where deceased pre SW. Can't blame SW for killing the girls if SW died first.
Only time will tell.

Being reminded of the similarities of this case and LP murder by her husband SP, it's truly heartbreaking to think of all that awaits SW's family. For example, (prior to being convicted), to prevent CW from receiving money by selling his story, they will have to file lawsuit against him. Things like that should be automatic, and unfortunately they are not. That monster ruined so many lives.

Edit to add: prior to conviction

‘Son of Sam’ statutes: federal and state summary | Freedom Forum Institute
Also, after federal law above struck down, only 45 states have or re-enacted active statutes, so still legal in some states to profit.

Last edited:
There are two series that feature interviews with family members of people who have committed horrific crimes. Both are quite good, IMO, and they reveal how much the family members of these people suffer in various ways, whether its a parent, a sibling, etc.

The two series are: Evil Lives Here on ID Channel, and Monster in My Family which was on Lifetime. If you have cable you can watch the episodes directly on those links. If not, you might be able to find some on YT.

Thankyou Jinka , I will check those out and the link that Tippy Lynn has just been posted on psychological build-up" from CCN

Good post. I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I hope you and your children are safe and well now. A stun gun is an interesting thought. It would leave evidence.
Yes it would and I'm ready for a trial and to hear all the facts we have no clue about.
And thank you YES my kids and I are safe we escaped in 2011 and he's in prison now :) :)

For example, to prevent CW from receiving money by selling his story, they will have to file lawsuit against him. Things like that should be automatic, and unfortunately they are not. That monster ruined so many lives.
Snipped

Convicted perps cannot profit from their crimes. That is illegal. And I do think CW will be convicted.
jmo

Snipped

Convicted perps cannot profit from their crimes. That is illegal. And I do think CW will be convicted.
jmo
PRIOR to being convicted, LP's Mum had to file suit to prevent SP from receiving money from telling his story. Colorado Statute is the same. I also believe without a doubt that CW will be convicted. MOO...

Late Edit: It's still legal in some states. Take note that after the law you're thinking of [Federal Son of Sam Statute] was struck down, only 45 States have or replaced with active statues...

Last edited:
Being reminded of the similarities of this case and LP murder by her husband SP, it's truly heartbreaking to think of all that awaits SW's family. For example, (prior to being convicted), to prevent CW from receiving money by selling his story, they will have to file lawsuit against him. Things like that should be automatic, and unfortunately they are not. That monster ruined so many lives.

Edit to add: prior to conviction
It’s got to be extremely painful for Laci’s mother, Sharon, to hear about this story. Maybe she could be of support to Shanann’s family if she felt inclined, but probably just too painful.

CW is a fraud. Not only does the narcissist resent the success of others, they mimic their motions and emotions for the sake of their appearance to others. CW's entire life is an "act," - as if playing a part in a movie. I don't think SW really knew who CW was because any concerns she would have had, he would have convinced her she was to blame (projecting and gaslighting her). MOO

Very well stated and I couldn't agree more.

I agree. What could they possible say or do in the circumstances.

They were probably fearful of inciting drama at the funeral, of further expanding everyone's grief.

I guarantee the Watts family is grieving too but are in an awful position right now.

I think all should take SW's brother's comment to heart and maybe back off any scrutiny of extended family.[/QUOTE]

I can see no reason that SW would ever think about killing her children! She was a pregnant mama, carrying a little boy which she had always wanted. Her hormones are high, she is in a more protective Mama Bear state than normal.

Regardless of the type argument she and C.W. had, what she had discovered about C.W., or if he told her he wanted a divorce, I do not see her attacking her girls. Going after him for a good swift punch is unlikely since she is pregnant and knows Chris is much stronger than she is. I feel she would protect her baby at all costs.

On the other hand, I do feel she would fight him back if he attacked her. If she had seen her girls dead before the attack, she would have fought for her life and her adrenaline would have been at an all time high as she gave him everything she had in trying to hurt him.

Therefore, the hogwash story of SW murdering her girls is so outlandish it shows what a true monster C.W. is! Turn the story around to get the blame off me. Another me, me, me person!!

Last edited:
I can see no reason that SW would ever think about killing her children! She was a pregnant mama, carrying a little boy which she had always wanted. Her hormones are high, she is in a more protective Mama Bear state than normal.

No matter what type argument she and C.W. had, what she had discovered about C.W., or if he told her he wanted a divorce, I do not see her attacking her girls. Going after him for a good swift punch is unlikely since she is pregnant and knows Chris is much stronger than she is. I feel she would protect her baby at all costs.

Therefore, the hogwash story of SW murdering her girls is so outlandish it shows what a true monster C.W. is! Turn the story around to get the blame off me. Another me, me, me person!!
Yes Exactly.
He's a whole new evil IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members