Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #19

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by ColoGirl, Aug 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wyldcynic

wyldcynic Well-Known Member

My mind continues to go through so many “what if” scenarios. The very hardest thing I continue to struggle with is why/how he could have killed his children. There’s been some speculation that SW learned of CW’s infidelity and began to think about or plan for separation while in NC. Could it be possible the girls overheard or picked up on any conversations during those weeks apart? And if so, might one of them have spilled the beans while SW was in AZ? Kids have zero filters. Maybe Bella said something to CW like “Mommy said you’ll have to move in with your boyfriend soon” or, you know, any kind of offhanded (possibly snarky) comment that would indicate that SW had been venting to family and making plans, and had been tarnishing his “reputation” with talk of affairs behind his back. I could see CW being furious at both her and the kids, possibly feeing like they were all against him, and that SW was in the process of “robbing” him of his family/perfect life appearance. Then hastily concocting a plan to disappear them all before she could confront him or set any plans in motion. Just another scenario that has crossed my mind...

tmar, margarita25, katydid23 and 3 others like this.

2. Thepoet

Thepoet Well-Known Member

Good morning,

Coffee and questions;

I've been reading about the tanks and I watched the Cervi tank video. In the hour drive from his house to the tanks, how many tanks and facilities did CW pass? Driving around with a body or bodies in his truck, why wouldn't he stop at the first one that was available? Unless everything was planned out and that particular far location was chosen ahead of time, and maybe prepared.

If he was in a panic, why drive for an hour when closer sites were available?

Why drive for an hour, risking being stopped by police, an accident, etc., when closer sites were available?

Would CW drive for an hour to a specific site unless it was a choice and he knew he could access it and the tanks?

Unless he had previously been to the site, how could he know;

1. He could enter the site AND get to. the tanks?
    2. That the tanks weren't empty?
    3. He could open the tanks?
    4. What tool or tools were needed to. open the tanks?
    5.What surveillance (cameras,etc.)
    were present?
    6. Whether or not other workers or. ranchers were around?

If he was in a panic or it was a random choice, why risk driving so far if other , closer facilities were available. Would he pass several possible sites in the hope the last and furthest one was better? Time was his enemy!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
  3. Hazelnutty

Hazelnutty Innocent Bystander

Poor CW . He can't even measure up to SP or JMc. What a horrid individual he is, nonetheless.

Looking at the pics and videos of those 2 sweet girls and knowing what he did to them and their little bodies still turns us inside out.

He's vile , he's warped and it's just a shame that he's being taken care of to make sure no one, including himself , can harm him.

Too bad his wife and babies were not offered the protection and love they deserved.

Thoughts & prayers for families grieving .

realms, tmar, Londonunicorn and 17 others like this.
  4. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

Those kids were so young, and this guy was apparently able to keep his affairs secret for some time. I doubt that he would have been so reckless as to allow his kids to expose him, when he had apparently taken significant steps to keep his wife from discovering.

Their age makes it less likely in my opinion that they “spilled the beans.”

I think some sort of explosive argument began after SW arrived home that night, and the rest is (tragic) history.

5. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Thank you for posting. Also from the article:

There were no tears as he calmly recounted the last time he’d seen his young family and at times he appeared to suppress a smirk — a sign, experts say, of the joy a subject feels when they believe they’re successfully duping someone.

“For Chris to (allegedly) make the leap from adultery to murder (means) he had to be at a point where he could get to such a dark place, mentally, that he could justify very ugly, evil behaviour,” Dr Yeager said.

“People who cheat don’t have a moral compass. If you commit adultery in a relationship, you are a vile person because you’re a liar and a con-artist. You don’t care about the people you hurt, including your own children.”

realms, AllGrace, JudgeJudi and 8 others like this.
  6. kay74

kay74 Well-Known Member

Obviously these killings came out of rage. What would the rage be about? IMO she found out about his affair with a male.

tmar, Mystic, Lucyray and 1 other person like this.
  7. bonjoviblonde

bonjoviblonde Well-Known Member

Catching up on last nights posts and I saw several new things that I haven't heard before. I was wondering if anyone had the news source for these statements:

1. Neighbors heard arguing that night. I have never heard this until now.
    2. SW mom is the one who called NA and requested she check up on SW because she was worried about SW and the kids.
    3. CW had affairs with 2 different women from work. One married. One unmarried. I have only read about the one affair with a coworker who is married and is on the witness list.
    4. SW told AT that she was suspicious of CW having an affair but he had no game. I thought it was NA that she told that to.
    5. CW had a neighbor girl babysit on Saturday. That seems like a pretty big deal if he had someone babysit the day before the murders. I haven't read this anywhere in the news other than here.

Has SW family spoken to the media because I also saw several things posted that they had apparently said. I feel like I've obviously missed a lot when I thought I was all caught up on this case.

8. MassGuy

It could have been discovery of the affairs, her wanting a separation/divorce, a fight over finances, or any number of issues really.

9. NuttMegg

NuttMegg Well-Known Member

Also he could have been on the phone to the Anadarko AP within hearing of the kids, and one of them was listening too intently to endearments. "Who's _______, Daddy? A friend of Mommy?" Oh Oh.

wyldcynic likes this.
  10. Thepoet

realms, Mystic, Lucyray and 1 other person like this.
  11. MassGuy

Peterson planned his crime fairly well. Macdonald was a vicious massacre. This is somewhere in between.

realms, Londonunicorn, Mystic and 6 others like this.
  12. Thepoet

Agreed.

13. Thepoet

In the MacDonald case; Collette was the target of rage, Kimberly was collateral damage, and Kristin was sacrificed for the cover-up. Did something similar happen here? Rage and then cover-up?

14. MassGuy

I definitely think it was something similar. Macdonald felt compelled to kill them all in order to sell his story of a cult massacre. I think here it began with a rage killing, then for whatever reason, he decided to go the distance. His reasoning, whatever it is, isn’t as logical as Macdonald’s, but both appeared to involve rage.

15. molly1255

molly1255 Well-Known Member

I don't think SW's family has given any media interviews and I believe if they ever do, it will be after there is resolution for this case. JMO

I've not seen any verification for any of the items you referenced except for #4. In the media interview AT did with her husband after CW's arrest, AT stated SW told her she wondered if CW was having an affair, but that he had no game.

realms, Lucyray, vela341 and 4 others like this.
  16. Thepoet

Once again, I agree. MacDonald was more savage and the crime scene much more gruesome.

Hazelnutty and MassGuy like this.
  17. Thepoet

Is it possible that the idea that CW did no clean-up of the crime scene is an assumption and, at least partially, incorrect. Maybe he did clean up to the point, where in his mind, everything looked okay. And then he planned to finish Monday night when there was more time. The smirk at the interview could have been his confidence that he had succeeded, and no one knew!

Coolmomof4, Mystic, La Louve and 7 others like this.
  18. MassGuy

That smirk at the interview said “I can fool you.” He didn’t.

I definitely agree that he planned to finish the cleanup, and if he was smart, would have dumped the car and her belongings (purse, phone, etc), in order to sell the idea that she took the kids and split on her own volition.

human, Mystic, mtnlites and 7 others like this.
  19. MassGuy

Delete

20. Thepoet

He may have been smart enough to do it, but NAU put an end to that idea. God bless her.

libraryg, human, La Louve and 8 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.