Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Who said that?
I read a screen grab of SW's post about the incident.

I have to run out.

@thesaint I copied this from the last thread for your reference.

This actually is not true. Not your fault at all—there’s been a lot of misinformation out there. I feel like “Nut Gate” is like the game of Telephone. I’ve seen many unverified different versions out there, and got confused myself!

Therewere no pistachios in a bowl. The ice cream did not have 3 kinds of nuts on it; in fact, there were no nuts on it at all, but it had been packaged in a facility that also processed tree nuts. CeCe reportedly had a tree nut allergy.

I just remembered what I was posting when the thread closed. Do we know why the Watts moved to CO? Was it an adventure? Time for a change? Escaping the family??
I only say this because my parents moved cross country with 2 kids, no job prospects just to start a new life. Packed everything in a homemade trailer and hit the road. It turned out okay for me.
I think it was because the family for whom SW worked as a nanny, moved to CO and told her that there were better jobs in there. Someone on our forum sleuthed it out that CW's relationship PowerPoint presentation for his college course was done remotely at this family's house in CO.

@thesaint I copied this from the last thread for your reference.

This actually is not true. Not your fault at all—there’s been a lot of misinformation out there. I feel like “Nut Gate” is like the game of Telephone. I’ve seen many unverified different versions out there, and got confused myself!

Therewere no pistachios in a bowl. The ice cream did not have 3 kinds of nuts on it; in fact, there were no nuts on it at all, but it had been packaged in a facility that also processed tree nuts. CeCe reportedly had a tree nut allergy.
I'll have to check it. Thanks.

Which we can choose to believe or not.
fainting-smiley.gif

Found Deceased - CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #21

@LovesChocolate, I don't think it would have been justifiable either. And no, I don't think he is a normal person.

Found Deceased - CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #21

@ZsaZsa, If he didn't want to go to prison (or to be looked at as a child killer by his extended family, friends, AP) more than he wanted his family alive, then it's possible. Especially if he killed his "favorite" and was already feeling repressed rage at SW. Unstable people do crazy mind tricks on themselves, they like to blame others for their mistakes.

Trying to figure out what could have played a role in the downward spiral of their relationship. I don't think that anyone is victim blaming/shaming. If your mind is already made up it might be too hard to look at the dynamics and what not without thinking it's victim blaming. JMO

I think it is OK for me to accept the homicide detectives and DA's opinion at this time. It's not like I am pointing my finger at him, with no evidence. The investigators had to submit evidence to the DA, in order to bring these charges and arrest him.

Whatever they have seen and collected, forensically, led them to bring these charges.

Just because this man says that the pregnant woman he strangled to death was really the killer, it does not mean I have to believe him. His version of the story does not ring true to me, for many reasons.

His wife had just spent 6 weeks separated from him. She already told some friends and family that she was headed for separation. She had a lot of support from family and friends. She had her own income and a place to stay if she needed one.

There is no reason to believe that she would suddenly and brutally strangle those babies, over old news.

And if for some reason, she had done so, he would have called 911 immediately to try and save them. And if he saw his 2 girls were dead, he wouldn't then kill his only remaining child minutes later.

YES, my mind is pretty well closed, in terms of this scenario being thrown out there by CW.

...as was said upthread, an open mind is good, but not so open that your brains fall out...

I just remembered what I was posting when the thread closed. Do we know why the Watts moved to CO? Was it an adventure? Time for a change? Escaping the family??
I only say this because my parents moved cross country with 2 kids, no job prospects just to start a new life. Packed everything in a homemade trailer and hit the road. It turned out okay for me.

Yes. Shannan worked as a nanny for a family in N.C. They were transferred out to CO, so after the Watts were married, they sold SW’s house in NC & moved in with the family in CO. SW worked a a nanny to earn their keep, and CW got a job at a local Ford dealership as a mechanic. He had done the same job for Ford in Charlotte previously.
SW soon began working weekends at the dealership in sales. Once they saved some money, they bought their house on Saratoga Trail.

Sorry if this has been discussed but, does strangulation necessarily mean with hands or could it also be something else?

It doesn't necessarily mean by hand. HOWEVER, the latest cowrt order, posted upthread, has the prosecution asking for handprints, palm and fingers, of the defendant. So I am thinking they have possible neck wound prints?

I think it is OK for me to accept the homicide detectives and DA's opinion at this time. It's not like I am pointing my finger at him, with no evidence. The investigators had to submit evidence to the DA, in order to bring these charges and arrest him.

Whatever they have seen and collected, forensically, led them to bring these charges.

Just because this man says that the pregnant woman he strangled to death was really the killer, it does not mean I have to believe him. His version of the story does not ring true to me, for many reasons.

His wife had just spent 6 weeks separated from him. She already told some friends and family that she was headed for separation. She had a lot of support from family and friends. She had her own income and a place to stay if she needed one.

There is no reason to believe that she would suddenly and brutally strangle those babies, over old news.

And if for some reason, she had done so, he would have called 911 immediately to try and save them. And if he saw his 2 girls were dead, he wouldn't then kill his only remaining child minutes later.

YES, my mind is pretty well closed, in terms of this scenario being thrown out there by CW.

...as was said upthread, an open mind is good, but not so open that your brains fall out...

YES! I cannot agree with you more.
There is so loads of evidence that supports the charges for Murder 1.

I am going to ditto this!

I see many of your points and I respect them. I'm just not where you are yet, I might get there and I might not, depends where all this goes.

FWIW - I don't think my brains have fallen out - so it's all good.

Last edited:
I admire the faith and courage that the Watts had to leave NC and move to CO. I never had that kind of courage and faith. I truly respect people that venture out of their comfort zone. It is unfortunate that SW and her babies were murdered in CO.

MerryB, you are my idealized, polite, calm self. Former Seattle Seahawk, Richard Sherman, is my other self.

LOL! Why thank you, my friend. I try to be the Southern lady I was raised to be. That & years of having to tactfully speak to parents about my insights & observations has helped me keep my inner cornerback at bay. ;)

This should be a sticky post at the top of each thread.

Because lord knows that if CW killed the kids and then SW killed CW; Then I doubt she would have disposed of their bodies and went to work 2 hours later.

When the saint come marching in. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members