Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
You bring up a very good question: “Why did CW seem so intent to make others aware that he wanted the separation?“

Maybe pre-emptively answering the question I keep asking “Why did he have to kill them? Why didn’t he just leave?”

Maybe it’s a variation of “Nobody dumps me. I dump THEM”! (Although I do believe he was the one who wanted out. I don’t think Shanann wanted a divorce AT ALL - bad for the brand and her credit was shot.)
It served his purposes well. It explained why his wife may have run off (when they were missing).

When he was suspected, it helped to sell the story that she became angry and killed the kids.

“I told her I wanted a separation, and she became angry and upset, she must have lost her mind......”

Except, don't people have to be named by LE to be a suspect? LE haven't named her as a suspect, her murderer has.

This is something I've thought about as well (LE naming a suspect vs. the suspect naming a different/additional suspect and how that affects our discussion here). Although I think Tricia has said it is ok to speculate on CW's version of events.

MOO.

I think 120 percent that CW committed all the murders.
I hate that SW is being dragged through the mud . It is like Travis Alexander - he was murdered but the defense made him out to be scum bag. The scum bag was the murderer. The friend knows something -

I AM NOT SAYING THAT HE DID NOT KILL THEM

But here are some things that are interesting to me until more info is given

1. For those that do not believe that doctors do not give intense procedures that are not needed, this is the case of Gypsy Rose Blanchard. Murder of Dee Dee Blanchard - Wikipedia

I am NOT referencing this because of MBP which I do not believe SW had. I am merely referencing because of the doctor’s unneeded and inaccurate treatments. It happens.

2. People are saying he made up the separation to NAU when she was at the door. How do people explain that SW’s mother’s friend was talking about it in North Carolina?

3. There are people who love drama. Ordinary events are stretched to provide drama. For instance, getting immunization records for the airline trip.

I looked on multiple sites and kids flying under age 14 are no big deal re ID.This is one example of an ordinary event made dramatic.

4. I have a friend who truly has had a tragic life. But she makes up stuff to make it even more so. She loves the drama and what she gets from it. Lots of gifts, lunches, free stays at nice places.

Never on her FB have I heard people questioning anything. She did tell me her older sister is sick of all of the drama. My friend was outraged about the comment.

5. People have been saying why they think SW could have killed the children. The disregard of allergies. The videos of her being very insensitive to the children.

The bringing them to the doctor so often.

People then say how those are ridiculous. But those are some of the reasons that seem concerning .

Even if she killed the kids, he killed her. So hidng them all saves him. There is no getting around that he killed her and he was going to prison unless he got rid of all evidence.

7. Was he hiding his true self all of those years? The only people I have self diagnosed as sociopaths are unpleasant. They lie, cheat in little ways . There are inconsistencies in things they say and do

Most people are not analyzing orhers very much until their own lives are impacted by a person. Maybe in retrospect people will remember things that now have meaning.
As for 5 and 6, how does the fact that they are concerning connect her actions to murder? That is what people have a problem with. If there is no proven connection, it should not take up so much of the conversation. Most posters have said they would not only be open to evidence but would be very interested in considering it. But so far there has been none. Jmo

And the point that was made that this will always be here. How is it going to make WS look after learning exactly how this man (is believed to have) strangled his defenseless little girls and their mother to death before carelessly dumping their bodies in a barrel of oil and leaving his wife to rot in the dirt? Not good. For people to read what a terrible, neglectful mother she was might make them think we are saying she deserved to be killed. It puts WS on the same level as some of the SM sites others criticize. Jmo

Honestly, I find the insinuation of SW embellishing or lying about her health and, worse, that she may have had Munchausen by Proxy because she "looked fine" and had a lot of doctor appointments disrespectful not only to her but to many of the posters. We have many people on here with chronic illnesses and sick children. Lots of us have chimed in and spoken about our experiences with doctors. We have explained that it can be difficult to get the right diagnosis, about how hard it is to get proper treatments, and of how regular doc visits are necessary. I bet, too, that many of us have been accused of making up our diagnoses because they are not physically visible.

Something seemed "off" with my son in the last 2 weeks of his life. I took him to 3 docs but no tests were performed. I was treated like a hypochondriac. My friends accused me of being overly paranoid. Then, one night he went to sleep and never woke up. A cause of death could not be determined; we will never know why he died.

Parents often have 6th sense about their children's health. I wish I had pushed harder. Bless SW for being vigilant, even if there were people who thought she went overboard.

You bring up a very good question: “Why did CW seem so intent to make others aware that he wanted the separation?“

Maybe pre-emptively answering the question I keep asking “Why did he have to kill them? Why didn’t he just leave?”

Maybe it’s a variation of “Nobody dumps me. I dump THEM”! (Although I do believe he was the one who wanted out. I don’t think Shanann wanted a divorce AT ALL - bad for the brand and her credit was shot.)
You know, it seems to me that it is friends of CW who are trying very hard to present that front, that it was HE who tried to separate from her. Where do we have any proof at all that it was so one-sidedly his demand? Except for the affidavit after she, conveniently, was in her grave and could not say otherwise.

Last edited:
Not true for me. He is the one who lied and lied and lied and dumped his little girls in crude oil.
He was the one sneaking around having all kinds of affairs, not her.
Yes, and those are FACTS and EVIDENCE. I'm still waiting to hear any FACTS or EVIDENCE that SW murdered her children. If you see any, will you please tag me? I keep thinking I may have missed it and I've tried to read every post, but sometimes it is difficult.

IMO people want to believe him because it's so hard to fathom that a seemingly good father could do something so incredibly horrific. Our logical, rational, empathetic selves cannot comprehend this level of evil.
So it's easier to fathom that a seemingly good mother could do something so incredibly horrific?

Yes! That's what I meant when I said it would never be allowed anywhere else. She was never named a suspect so I don't understand why so much judgement should be allowed for a potential victim. I understand that we have to be open to others opinions that CW's story might be true but judgements about her should not be allowed if there is no evidence to back it up. Opinion and fact are two different things, and he has been charged with the crime so I don't understand it. Maybe the mods just don't know that posters are doing this. People are not reporting because they are not sure of what is crossing the line? I don't know. It should be made clearer. We are judging CW BECAUSE he is charged with the crime. It doesn't seem fair that she should get the same judgement. Jmo

This used to be on the top of every thread.

he difference now is we have a defendant who is telling his story about what happened. He has not been found guilty so since he is the only witness and he says Shanann killed their two children then we have to allow discussion on whether this is true or not. If a member wishes to believe Chris Watts is telling the truth then we must respectfully let that person express their opinion as long as it is within TOS.

Please alert if you see a post that violates our terms of service. It is not a violation of our TOS if someone expresses that she/he believes Shanann murdered her children. Until we have a guilty verdict or until Chris Watts changes his story we will allow discussion on this topic.

Thanks,
Tricia

Honestly, I find the insinuation of SW embellishing or lying about her health and, worse, that she may have had Munchausen by Proxy because she "looked fine" and had a lot of doctor appointments disrespectful not only to her but to many of the posters. We have many people on here with chronic illnesses and sick children. Lots of us have chimed in and spoken about our experiences with doctors. We have explained that it can be difficult to get the right diagnosis, about how hard it is to get proper treatments, and of how regular doc visits are necessary. I bet, too, that many of us have been accused of making up our diagnoses because they are not physically visible.

Something seemed "off" with my son in the last 2 weeks of his life. I took him to 3 docs but no tests were performed. I was treated like a hypochondriac. My friends accused me of being overly paranoid. Then, one night he went to sleep and never woke up. A cause of death could not be determined; we will never know why he died.

Parents often have 6th sense about their children's health. I wish I had pushed harder. Bless SW for being vigilant, even if there were people who thought she went overboard.
I too, had taken my baby to the doctors the afternoon before she died and was told that she had the sniffles. He brushed aside my concern that I had woken her because she had slept way past her feeding time and she was limp and cool to the touch. She got over that, but he just brushed me off. The next morning she died.

Re BBM and JMO

Good question. That would be the normal thing to do wouldnt it?

Also many people are revived after suffocation or drowning and miraculously the first responders can sometimes bring them back to life. So if we are to believe his excuse it means he decided to not even try to get first responders over there to save his last child or the other child.

His excuse is similar in ways to the Lucas H. thread where the guilty girlfriend first claimed she just found him dead and so instead of calling 911 she has to go hide the body under a bridge. That excuse didnt work out for her and I doubt his similar excuse will work out for CW in this case. I guess he is claiming some sort of panic rather than just calling 911. In CW case he may claim he was afraid he would look guilty. LOL Well, yea because he is guilty IMO.

Another sort of similar excuse is going on in the Mollie T. murder case. Not quite the same but he is claiming he blacked out and after coming to he decides he has to hide the body. If he was in a rageful fight and lost control rage wise with MT because of something she said then he could have called 911 right after it happened and she may have been able to be saved by first responders. Also the evidence would be found to support his claim and maybe give him 20-30 years sentence instead of doing what he did which is hiding the body. So in that case it is similar to this case and the answer is he is totally lying about the whole thing.

You dont start hiding bodies unless you are guilty IMO.
I dont know of a single case where someone hid a body and they were not either totally responsible or partially responsible in the persons death.

Casey Anthony :gaah:

For those complaining about SW being discussed as anything less than a victim, I wish you would take it up with Tricia, although I think she has already made it clear.

It's discouraging to wade through pages and pages, admonishing posters for having an unpopular opinion.

Found Deceased - CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #25

One of many messages from Tricia -

Hi Everyone,

Thank you all for participating. This is certainly a lively discussion.

Please remember just because someone disagrees with you doesn't' mean it's against TOS. I know it is very difficult for many of you to believe Chris Watts story that his wife, Shanann killed their kids but it is his defense and members are allowed to believe that's how this crime went down. Please do not berate anyone for wanting to withhold judgment or believing in Chris Watts story. You can certainly debate but in a mature manner.

Carry on and thank you,
Tricia

Before the previous thread closed last night, I was in the process of responding to a post written by @cailleach , who wrote "Just wanted to say 'Hello' to a fellow Coloradoan!". @cailleach was responding to @KathrynL I don't post often so I don't know how to bring that post over to this thread or it that's even possible. Below is my response to cailleach. Please pardon the length.

Hi @cailleach (and everyone),

I'm fairly new to posting on this particular thread. This is only my second post. However, I'm not new to WS. The Missy Bevers case initially brought me to the site a few years ago. @cailleach , hello to a fellow Coloradoan! .

I live about an hour and twenty minutes away from where this tragedy occurred and there really aren't any words to describe how saddened and heartbroken I am for SW, her daughters, and her unborn baby boy. My heart goes out to all family members and friends who were unwillingly thrust into this case and are attempting to make sense out of something that does not make sense at all. This case has captured my attention for several reasons.

Like SW and many of you, I have lupus (SLE), fibromyalgia, and a few other health issues. Lupus can go into remission and thankfully mine finally did about 2 years ago. However, not before I went through a lot of treatments, including bi-weekly infusion treatments that I could only receive at a cancer center, at that time. The side effects were very unpleasant. I still have a scar on my chest from where I eventually had to have a port placed because my veins were "overused". While the lupus is currently in remission, fibromyalgia and my other health issues remain a challenge. Some days are good, some days...meh. Throughout the years, I've had a few surgeries. Not fun. At various times in my life, I've had a few folks say to me, "But you don't look sick", or "Are you sure you have lupus because...?" I found these comments extremely offensive. They did not understand how much pain I was in and how I was trying to mask it. The majority of the time, I did not feel well but I figured people did not care to hear that all of the time. And at one point in my life I was a divorced mom with 4 children so I had to keep working (despite how I felt physically) to take care of my family. Ex-husband was bitter from the divorce and refused to pay child support (although he was ordered to do so by the court. He simply refused to help support our children - financially or otherwise). I couldn't lose my house, my children needed to eat, etc...so I put one foot in front of the other, prayed and just kept going. My mom would fly out to stay with us when things got really, really bad, i.e., when I was hospitalized, when I would have surgery, etc. No one (outside of my home) saw the real ugly parts. I learned to put myself together and fake a smile like you wouldn't believe. I just did what needed to be done. A lot of people who live with chronic, debilitating illnesses do that. I lived in AZ for about 19 years. Left there last year and moved to Colorado. I'm originally from the East Coast and I got tired of roasting in the extreme Phoenix heat. The weather is nice here in Colorado and the cost of living is reasonable.

Anyhow, I've been hearing about this case on my local news since it happened and perhaps it's bothering me even more than it should. I have more than enough to keep me busy, but I think about SW and her babies everyday. Lots of people in the community in which I live have been discussing the case. I did not know anyone involved in this case. But I simply cannot fathom how a person can be so cold-blooded and evil.

I am compelled to say it does not matter to me if SW was bossy or not, made too many work videos or personal home videos, posted too many photos to her SM, did not "look sick enough", said her daughters were "sick too much" for some folks' liking. And on and on and on. She's dead and gone. And so are her precious babies. And SW's husband and father is still above ground. Spewing his lies. I'll tread lightly here because I don't want to violate any TOS (I don't post very often, so I'm not too familiar with them although I have read them and do my best to stay on top of any updates). To that end, I do feel we all are entitled to our own opinions and we should communicate with each other in a respectable manner.

I was raised to always use my "common sense". My education (a bachelor of science in criminology and criminal justice and a master's degree in criminal justice) as well as my professional work experience implores me to not only use my common sense, but also logic and critical thinking skills. And naturally, I am going to utilize whatever ability I have left over to think in both a rational and reasonable manner. Therefore, common sense, logic and critical thinking, coupled with thinking rationally and reasonably tell me I do not need to expend a lot of energy entertaining CW's lies about SW. No loving father/husband can do what he did. (That's my opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own. That's what makes us all different. And that adds to the beauty of the world.) If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. It won't be the first time. And that's okay. Only time will tell. Until then, my condolences to the VI who personally knew SW and her children (@Colorado303), anyone else on here who knew SW and her children or the Watts family, and also to all of those on here who have shared their experiences regarding loved ones they have lost. I'm truly sorry.

RIP SW, BW, CCW, and baby N.

IMO, JMO, and MOO

Yeah, it really doesn’t make much sense to me why the door is open (on here), for the discussion of SW as having been responsible.

You have a named suspect, and pathological liar on one hand, and a dead victim on the other.

If he says 10 sentences, he tells 10 lies, and yet his words are being given some sort of weight. His words are the only reason for people believing that SW may have done this.

If you say he tells 10 out of 10 lies.....then what evidence is there? Dead bodies? That's it.

CW didn't come up with that story until he had talked to his father. Why not right from the time he got arrested??!!

Can you please provide a link showing he hadn't "come up" with his story until he talked to his dad. I didn't think we heard about what his story was prior to hearing "the story." And how do you know when exactly he "came up" with it? Just because he didn't express it to anyone until he talked with his dad doesn't mean he was lying. My guess was he was scared to tell his story--rightfully so, and waited until he knew he had his dad's love and support.

But please provide a link that his story changed between arrest and Dad.

I too, had taken my baby to the doctors the afternoon before she died and was told that she had the sniffles. He brushed aside my concern that I had woken her because she had slept way past her feeding time and she was limp and cool to the touch. She got over that, but he just brushed me off. The next morning she died.

I have no words. I'm so sorry.

I AM NOT SAYING THAT HE DID NOT KILL THEM

But here are some things that are interesting to me until more info is given

1. For those that do not believe that doctors do not give intense procedures that are not needed, this is the case of Gypsy Rose Blanchard. Murder of Dee Dee Blanchard - Wikipedia

I am NOT referencing this because of MBP which I do not believe SW had. I am merely referencing because of the doctor’s unneeded and inaccurate treatments. It happens.

2. People are saying he made up the separation to NAU when she was at the door. How do people explain that SW’s mother’s friend was talking about it in North Carolina?

3. There are people who love drama. Ordinary events are stretched to provide drama. For instance, getting immunization records for the airline trip.

I looked on multiple sites and kids flying under age 14 are no big deal re ID.This is one example of an ordinary event made dramatic.

4. I have a friend who truly has had a tragic life. But she makes up stuff to make it even more so. She loves the drama and what she gets from it. Lots of gifts, lunches, free stays at nice places.

Never on her FB have I heard people questioning anything. She did tell me her older sister is sick of all of the drama. My friend was outraged about the comment.

5. People have been saying why they think SW could have killed the children. The disregard of allergies. The videos of her being very insensitive to the children.

The bringing them to the doctor so often.

People then say how those are ridiculous. But those are some of the reasons that seem concerning .

Even if she killed the kids, he killed her. So hidng them all saves him. There is no getting around that he killed her and he was going to prison unless he got rid of all evidence.

7. Was he hiding his true self all of those years? The only people I have self diagnosed as sociopaths are unpleasant. They lie, cheat in little ways . There are inconsistencies in things they say and do

Most people are not analyzing orhers very much until their own lives are impacted by a person. Maybe in retrospect people will remember things that now have meaning.
I cannot believe these are actual reasons given to show she is capable of killing her kids. It just does not make sense to me. Are we actually criticizing her for taking her kids to the dr for ear infections and allergies, and saying she was dramatic? When you have a little one who has a constant fever or cold and is just sick and miserable, I would hope you would do whatever it took to get them better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow