PARENTS KILLED AMBER ALERT ISSUED FOR 13-YEAR-OLD DAUGHTER
---
POLICE NEED PUBLIC'S HELP IN FINDING MISSING AND PREGNANT KIERRA COLES

Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #30

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by ColoGirl, Aug 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

But that is ridiculous, on it's face, that there is no probable cause for the palm prints.

The defendant disposed of three STRANGLED dead bodies. Obviously, there are going to be possible palm prints on the necks of those dead bodies, that the defendant, himself, dumped.

What more probable cause could there be?

2. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

I believe that if any of us was to observe the parenting of every single person on here insisting SW was a terrible parent, we would find a ton of things they did or do wrong.

I believe every last person criticizing this poor woman has ignored their crying child, yelled at them, swatted them, lost their cool, or did other things - repeatedly - that many other people could criticize.

No parent is perfect no matter how judgmental they may act.

The difference here is SW was under pressure to generate a lot of footage for social media. It was part of her business.

So not knowing there would be multitudes picking apart her every move, she didn't edit much. She didn't think about how things might look to a few, if she and her babies were murdered by her lying husband who then tried to blame her.

But as I think Katydid said, the people who knew her and interacted with the family a lot, with the exception of one anonymous insider who believes CW, they ALL state this was a good mom who lived for her kids and adored them.

I just keep going back to her own birthday video. (Not linked here). In which she stares in total adoration at her little girls who are trying to sing happy birthday to her, which they apparently are just learning.

Her eyes are just full of tender love. It's her day but all she cares about is how cute and adorable her babies are.

This is a bad mom?

Shanann Watts

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
    Utsarah, Croyante, La Louve and 38 others like this.
  3. PommyMommy

PommyMommy Well-Known Member

Personally, I don't mind seeing the opposing views if they are based on facts and evidence, but I think that's what is missing here. And we apparently have posters with actual theories that SW killed her babies, but they're keeping those theories secret. So, it's literally impossible to understand.
    MOO

4. Medstudies

Medstudies ..so it goes

lot of physical evidence, which ties HIM to the murders.”

so assuming this statement is true, it would definitely eliminate SW.

Which makes me wonder what his Plan B defense is? That some deranged hippie on LSD broke in and killed them? Or that the bossy, mean, bitter wife made him do it?

5. Jenni

Jenni Former Member

There was a post she made about him starting the patch but I can't recall where.

Medstudies, WildWest and PommyMommy like this.
  6. Layla123

Layla123 Well-Known Member

Funny is funny, but sometimes you would have to have been there to get the joke.

7. MyBelle

MyBelle Well-Known Member

When does the defense start to receive discovery? I guess I'm baffled over the fact the defense hasn't received the autopsy reports. It's been over a month.

Katharine and WildWest like this.
  8. mtnlites

mtnlites Scooby Doo Gang Membership Pending

It makes no sense to me that SW's parenting skills continue to be questioned.

9. Backstroke10

Backstroke10 Well-Known Member

I believe SW loved her family more than anything in the world. There is no manual on parenting and I believe SW was striving to be the best mother she could despite having an extremely passive and seemingly apathetic husband. Whether I agree or not that every picture/video should be shared with SM doesn't matter because she was doing what she thought was best for her family. Bella and Cece look like normal, happy, well-adjusted kids and I believe that's because SW loved them with all her heart and they felt that love. I've messed up as a parent and I'm sure most of us have but if we love our kids and they know it, I think we've succeeded. IMO

10. mtnlites

When we were sent into homes for parenting skills, we were trained to teach parents to give timeouts, even to toddlers. It is a perfectly appropriate punishment. The number of minutes corresponded to their age.

La Louve, MsBetsy, Katharine and 28 others like this.
  11. PommyMommy

I thought I remembered seeing that. Thank you for confirming. Always nice to hear that my memory is not as far gone as I think sometimes. :)
    MOO

MsBetsy, Lucyray, borndem and 2 others like this.
  12. Alethea

Alethea Verified Attorney

When the tests are complete and the coroner signs off on the final report. It can take months. They have to perform toxicology tests, particularly since the conduct of one of the deceased has been questioned. There may or may not be one glaring cause of death. The defendant could have sped this process up by not dumping the bodies in vats of crude oil but that's not here nor there.

13. Charlot123

Charlot123 Well-Known Member

I said the relationship started to deteriorate post-Thrive. I think they were in debt, even before Thrive, and SW was "hooked" by the prospect of making money (this is why I don't view her as too astute - making a lot in a pyramid scheme is as unrealistic as getting rich by gambling, unless you have started the pyramid). And he probably went along with her plans because it gave him the time to stray. But the anger was accruing.

ficus, MsBetsy, MollyDDD and 3 others like this.
  14. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

Not only questioned, but denounced and berated. She is being accused of taunting her children and publicly humiliating them.

15. Alethea

I hope nothing bad ever happens to me because all people will talk about is how I'm bossy and spent thousands of hours of my life as a "verified poster" on a true crime board.

16. mtnlites

Not sure how the fact that she stated he went to her colonoscopy relates to this case at all or demonstrates her lack of intelligence. Welcome to 2018, the age of over-sharing on social media. I was Facebook living from my hospital bed last week. I have a FB friend who live tweets during her chemo sessions. I kept a very popular blog, with more than 1 million readers, that chronicled every detail of my brain surgery. My kids' favorite You Tube channel is Dr Pimple Popper. It literally documents patients getting cysts and pimples dug out.

IMO, the complaints about SW are bordering on petty. She has done no more than what millions of others do on SM.

17. Charlot123

Charlot123 Well-Known Member

Only if other APs were of SW's type, emotionally. Then, yes.

human and Backstroke10 like this.
  18. Backstroke10

Backstroke10 Well-Known Member

Thanks Charlot123 I kept searching but couldn’t find your post. Thanks!

Charlot123 and human like this.
  19. Alethea

And it's not just personal use. More and more businesses are using social media to reach customers. One of my business contacts LOVES Facebook Live. He is on once a week answering questions about professional marketing. I have "appeared" on his show to talk about a Supreme Court case relevant to his clients. Social media advisors will tell you to sell "yourself" on social media and the business will follow. And I don't mean MLMs, this is advice to lawyers, doctors, accountants. My new dentist has an instagram account for his practice. My clients routinely request to add me as a friend on Facebook and then seem surprised when I post about my pets and hobbies instead of the law. It is really becoming all-consuming even if you don't want it to be.

I think whether we personally think this whole phenomenon is good and healthy is different and irrelevant to the fact that one person used social media as it is commonly used - a place to share every mundane detail of your life.

20. PommyMommy

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't know that the prosecution even has the coroner reports yet. Nothing in their motion indicates that to me, and obviously they can't turn over something to the defense that they don't have. It seems to me that they are requesting it to be sealed regardless of what it says, not because of what it says. Am I reading it wrong?
    https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/19th_Judicial_District/caseofinterest/2018CR2003/[L] MOTION TO DENY DISCLOSURE OF PUBLIC RECORD PURSUANT TO CRS 24-72-204(6)(A).pdf
    MOO

JudgeJudi, Misy, CocoChanel and 13 others like this.
  21. human

human Well-Known Member

I am guessing since she is home and gets the mail, she would know.

Katharine and Backstroke10 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.