Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think LE were totally onto him before he even did the interviews. From the sounds of what the 9News journalist was saying in that interview, CW was expressing concern to the journalist pre-interview (on the phone) about possibly having the finger pointed at him. To me, the journalist sounds skeptical about what CW's real concerns are.
It's hard to hear as the audio on the journo isn't great and apologies if I haven't transcribed it 100% accurately but this is what I hear the journalist saying around 2.55mins in.

"I wanted to ask you a little bit about the hard part. Your first thought is: 'Where are they? I want them back.' Your second thought is, you know, your friends were telling me, you've got some... and we kind of heard from you a little over the phone... You're also... your second thought is that you're afraid people think you may have done something."

He says "If she's vanished, I want her back so bad. I want those kids back so bad." but he's laughing because he knows they're all dead and they aren't coming back.

He says "If she's vanished, I want her back so bad. I want those kids back so bad." but he's laughing because he knows they're all dead and they aren't coming back.
I think he was also trying to give the impression that she was messing with him, leaving with the kids, not telling him where they went. Of course, it was a farce and most people weren't buying it.

What kind of info will we learn from the status conference on Nov 19, does anyone know?
I’ve been wondering about this too. More info of some sort—1.5 months from now is awhile. Maybe he’ll plead guilty to something (and not something else). Plea deal. Trial date. We’ll see. I can’t decide what % I think this is that it goes to trial. I would think that CW would want to try to keep a lot of detail from coming out.

@FlossyMay

“I don't believe he was ever telling the truth"

Well now FlossyMay, there was ONE truth. SW arrived home around 2:00 a.m. Full stop.

“But when Chris later spoke with a detective, he said he’d told Shanann he wanted to separate at 4 a.m. — seemingly conflicting with his earlier assertion that he broached the separation after waking up at about 5 a.m.” This was the so-called "emotional conversation".

5 a.m. wasn’t a little error, it was a BIG FAT LIE because his truck was idling on the driveway 15 minutes later.

"I just thought I’d wake you to tell you I want to separate. OK, I’m off to work now. See ya".

No wonder it morphed into 4 a.m.

Last edited:
I’ve been wondering about this too. More info of some sort—1.5 months from now is awhile. Maybe he’ll plead guilty to something (and not something else). Plea deal. Trial date. We’ll see. I can’t decide what % I think this is that it goes to trial. I would think that CW would want to try to keep a lot of detail from coming out.

I don't know the US court process. Maybe the defence waits until after discovery before a trial date is set down. We need a lawyer to explain the next steps for us.

I just have this weird gut feeling he’s going to plea. He just doesn’t seem to have the buoyancy of someone like Scott Peterson to mount a vigorous defense against these very serious charges. Some of which he’s already confessed to, so they alone mean many, many years in jail. He’s not coming home anytime soon and he knows it.

It’s almost like he was a bit of a wannabe (!) and just failed dismally at this whole murder thing. He’s reportedly despondent in jail and doesn’t want to talk to anyone including his own family and lawyers..

.. jmo

Bluff:
@Tigerlily75 ~ @MyBelle was just clarifying facts for WS.
Everything connects in one way or another. IMO

Jennifer17:
How?

Bluff:
Bringing these two posts over from last nights thread as I attempted to respond to @Jennifer17 but the thread was closed before I could reply.

@Jennifer17 Your question asking me to explain "how?" everything connects in one way or another can be answered simply. The criminal investigation will use forensic science to determine those connections and forensic science may prove or disprove the existence of a crime/s, the perpetrator/s of a crime, or a connection to a crime . That is what I was referring to in my post that everything connects in one way or another.

It was not an off handed comment by me to imply anything sinister about SW nor to exonerate CW. I am done having to make this disclaimer every time I post.

Edit to add: This is my final post on WS ~ going outside now to enjoy this beautiful Sunday and breathe some fresh air. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
@FlossyMay

“I don't believe he was ever telling the truth"

Well now FlossyMay, there was ONE truth. SW arrived home around 2:00 a.m. Full stop.

“But when Chris later spoke with a detective, he said he’d told Shanann he wanted to separate at 4 a.m. — seemingly conflicting with his earlier assertion that he broached the separation after waking up at about 5 a.m.” This was the so-called "emotional conversation".

5 a.m. wasn’t a little error, it was a BIG FAT LIE because his truck was idling on the driveway 15 minutes later.

"I just thought I’d wake you to tell you I want to separate. OK, I’m off to work now. See ya".

No wonder t morphed into 4 a.m.

And even 4am is pushing it. All that to happen in just 1 hour 27 minutes, then dig a grave and dispose of your beloved family, and then go to work like nothing happened. What?!

@Layla123

“I know he worked 40 hours a week, and I know he worked out and ran a lot, and those activities take time”.

And so did his extra-curricular activities.
embarrassed-smiley.gif

How is her name being dragged through the dirt if she is a normal person?

What I am saying are things that may bother him so he grew to hate her. Someone else may have been perfectly fine. Take the Khardashian girls. They love to sell and their SOs go along with it.

It appears that he was not the type. People who knew him said he was shy and quiet. Would he have killed a woman who was more compatible ? Maybe yes, maybe no.

He has to have a really strange thing in him to kill. Did she make him? Of course not. But that does not mean he did not grow to hate her. Obviously, he did. His twisted being.

Hey,
just wanted you to know that my posting was not directed specially to/at you! I think it is quite normal wanting to understand why Chris did what he did and how on earth this could happen. It would be a interesting thing to get just some kind of insight (besides the videos and postings) of their relationship and what happend behind closed curtains in their daily life. But there are people outside who blame Shannan for being a bad parent and wife. Giving the feeling that she deserved or at least evoked it somehow. I've seen it many times under youtube videos or on other online platforms. Some of them even call Chris "hot". And yes I believe that he hated her somehow because he put the blame on her being unable to take responsibility for himself and his actions. I belive he wanted out of the marriage - maybe for years - but he was perhaps to "weak" for it and feared many consequences.

But I can also easily put myself in her postion. I'm 30 years old, married and have a small child on my own. I know I'm not a perfect mother or wife. If I had my life videotaped I'm more than sure people would not always agree with what I'm doing. I can get feisty, I'm impatient and I might have disappointed my husband many times. I love my son more than anything, my partner is also my best friend but life ist not always happy and we do not always make the "right" decisions. I try my best everyday to make people around me happy. I try to be more patient but I do not always suceed. That is where I see Shannan and proably everybody else. She does not deserve to be jugded like this at least not from people who never met her in person and just saw a few minutes video of an entire day.

Last edited:
Denver 7 Video Transcript
Video: Chris Watts pleads for kids, wife to return day before his arrest in their murders

Chris Watts

1:07 – 1:30 – Right now its they’ve got K-9 units, the Sheriff’s Dept., everybody’s like, they’re doing their best right now to figure out if they can get a scent, see where they went, if they went on foot if they went in a car, if they went somewhere. And right now it’s just like, they’ve been on point, they’re going through the house trying to get a scent and hopefully they can pick something up to where it’s going to lead to something.

1:35 -2:13 – She came home from the airport at 2 a.m. and I left around 5:15, she was still here. And about 12:10 that afternoon her friend showed up at the door, like I had texted Shanann a couple times that day, called her to say, hey, you know, but she never got back to me. But she wasn’t getting back to any of her people as well, and that’s what really concerned a lot of people, is like if she’s not getting back to me that’s fine, she gets busy during the day, but she didn’t get back to her people which is really concerning. And Nicole called me when she was at the door and that’s when I came home and then walked in the house and nothing, just vanished, nothing was here.

2:14 – 2:17 – I mean she wasn’t here, the kids weren’t here, nobody was here.

2:22 – “Bella and Celeste”

2:30 2:33 – “Bella’s 4 and Celeste is 3.”

2:37 – 3:01 – “I called her 3 times, texted her about three times just to say, you know, what’s going on. Like after I called her and texted her once it was like, maybe she was just busy, she had just gotten back, you know. Like everybody’s probable calling her from her trip you know. She just got back from Arizona and I figured she was just busy, but when her friend showed up that’s when it just registered -- like alright, this isn’t right.”

3:04 (Tomas asks, “Do you think she just took off?”)

3:06 – 3:49 – I mean right now I don’t even want to just like throw anything out there, like I hope that she’s somewhere safe right now and with the kids, but I mean could she have van…could she have just taken off, I don’t know, but if someone has her and they’re not safe I’ll want them back now. Like, that’s, that, that’s what’s in my head is like, if they’re safe right now, they’re gonna come back, but if they’re not safe right now that’s the not knowing part, like if they’re not safe. Last night I was, I had every light in the house on, I was hoping that I would just get just ran over by the kids running in the door and just like barrel rushing me, but it didn’t happen and it was just a traumatic night trying to be here.”

3:54 3:55 – (Stutters) I mean, er, I mean my kids are my life.

3:56 - 4:46 – I mean those smiles light up my life. And it’s like, I mean last night, like during like at like you know when they usually eat dinner, it was just like I miss them. Like, I mean I miss the telling them like you got to eat that, like or you’re not going to get your dessert, or just, like you’re not going to get your snack, after, you know (laughs). I miss that, like I miss them cuddled up on their couches, they have like a Minnie Mouse couch and a Sofia couch that like they cuddle up on or watch you know Bubble Guppies or something and it was just like you know, I miss, I was (sigh), it was tearing me apart last night and I needed that, I needed that last night and for them, for nobody to be here last night and to go into their rooms and not, and know that I wasn’t going to turn their rain machines on and know that I wasn’t going to turn their monitor on and know I wasn’t going to kiss them to bed tonight it was, (sigh) it was, I, I, that’s why last night was just horrible.

4:46 – 4:55 I couldn’t do it, I just, (laugh), I want everybody just to come home. Like, wherever they’re at, just come home. That’s what I want.

4:55 – 5:24 – Tomas moving camera, Chris explaining just timeline of when she was supposed to get home, flight delayed, when she got home at 1:48, got home, got to bed at 2.

5:36 – I left for work early that morning, like 5:15 to 5:30, so like, she bbarely I mean, she barely got, barely gotten into bed pretty much.

5:46 – 5:50 (Tomas – I know this might be a tough question, but did you guys get into an argument or anything before she left?)

5:51 – 5:55 – It wasn’t like an argument, we had an emotional conversation but I’ll leave it at that.

5:55 – 6:01 – “But it’s, sigh, I just want them back (smiles and laughs) I just want them to come back.”

6:02 – 6:14 – And if, if they’re not safe right now, that’s what’s tearing me apart, because if they are safe, they’re coming back, but if they’re not, this, this, this has got to stop, like this, somebody has to come forward.”

6:38 – 6:46 – Colorado is, I mean, um, you can’t just drive around and look, I mean it’s just like, you wouldn’t really know what you were looking for that’s what the cops pretty much told me.

6:46 – 6:50 – That first day I was like I want to get out and drive around and they were like you wouldn’t know what to look for.

7:02 – 7:33 – Right now this is, what they’re doing right now is with the K9 and the scents, I think this is the biggest thing they’ve done so far because yesterday they had, Fredrick police dept, they had all the searching of the house and try to guide out whatever information they could and with the detectives, officers, sergeants, and today its, I mean, obviously with all the activity that’s around, its, its, its, there’s a lot going on around here and I really hope that all this can lead to something positive.

7:51 – 7:56 (Tomas: “If your wife could see this, if she could watch this, what would you like to tell your wife?)

7:56 – Shanann, Bella, Celeste, if you’re out there, just come back, like if somebody has her, just please bring her back, I need to see everybody, I need to see everybody, again, this house is not complete without anybody here. Please bring them back.

And even 4am is pushing it. All that to happen in just 1 hour 27 minutes, then dig a grave and dispose of your beloved family, and then go to work like nothing happened. What?!

The entire “emotional conversation” element of the story has never been logical to me. IMO, he needed to invent the reason why in plan 1 - she runs away and steals the kids; or in plan 2 - for the imaginary snap! that leads to her being the real killer. So he was forced to try make it seem logical that they wake up at either 4 or 5 am and have this life altering discussion.

In reality, I think he had much longer than an hour and half to deal with everything he had done. Jmo.

From Pommy link..

This is the part that gets me. Her phone was found there. Her purse was found there. Her car was found there. If you had a missing spouse, wouldn't you say we are confused because her phone her purse and her car was here? But yet he only says....

"And Nicole called me when she was at the door and that’s when I came home and then walked in the house and nothing, just vanished, nothing was here.

2:14 – 2:17 – I mean she wasn’t here, the kids weren’t here, nobody was here.

No mention of the phone, the purse, the car Etc.

@Pommy, Thank you so very much for the transcription of the entire thing!

Video: Chris Watts pleads for kids, wife to return day before his arrest in their murders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752