Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's beyond chilling to consider what may have happened to NUA but for LE arriving before him.

She's going to be the absolute star witness in this case.
Chilling indeed. And, I think she was really trying to give him the benefit of the doubt in the beginning just as many of us did. Because who wants to think about 2 toddlers in their last minutes on earth looking into the face of their Daddy...ugh, I can't even type the rest of that.

Friend of woman allegedly killed by husband not 'shocked' by his arrest

Nickole Atkinson said she “didn’t want to think the worst” when Watts, 34, and her two young daughters -- Celeste, 3, and Bella, 4 -- seemingly vanished last week, but she knew something was wrong when Watts' husband, Chris Watts, appeared unconcerned.

“Anyone in their right mind will start piecing things together and think something had happened, but you don’t want to go there. You want to believe the best in people,” she added.

MOO

"Degenerated over last few years"!!!! That sounds as if he's been playing the field for quite some time.
It could also refer to a decline in mental health. Maybe there were things she was confiding in her family about. Something we haven't heard about yet. If could be anything. Her mom may turn out to be a good witness if SW had been telling her things she observed or was worried about. Although she put on a good front for FB, usually there is soneone a person feels close to that they will tell their problems to. Maybe all the praising she did of him was intended to lift his confidence. Maybe he was having episodes of depression or some other problem. Jmo

I’m way behind on this thread, I gave up trying to read all the posts due to time. I know it’s been confirmed C.W. had an AP but I’ve read several times on these threads that he had more than one AP and they may not all have been female. Has this been confirmed by LE or any other reputable source ? Are there any links ? Ty

I'm not surprised you have trouble believing it. His whole convoluted tale of revenge-murdering his murderous pregnant spouse is more melodramatic than a Shakespearean tragedy.

To your question about his visitor list, the defence will not want the prosecution to know about any expert witnesses who visit him, for tactical reasons.

Certainly agree with your first paragraph.

Thank for for explanation in paragraph 2. That does help me understand the situation better.

Absolutely gets under my skin that an admitted murderer has rights which must be honored, while his victims rights = zip, zero, nil to him.

It's so hard for me to believe CW's story of what happened that horrible night. Especially in light of his attempts to cover up what he had done. And the lies !

What kind of person is capable of not only going to work the same morning he murdered his family, but even after putting their dead bodies in the truck, driving to the site, and disposing of them, he was also capable of taking himself to work, being interviewed 3 times by tv stations and speaking with LE. Did he speak with family, too? Lies lies and more lies.

Who can trust or believe anything he says after all the lies? Why would he cover up what he says Shannan did? Seems he would be all up into showing & telling LE & his family what Shannan did.
He would cuddle and hold those little bodies. He would grieve. Not drive to a job site and dump them like embarrassing trash. Who does these things to people they Love? Little babies?

And why would his defense team want to keep his visitors private?

CWs heart and soul is entirely void. Black and empty. The air he breathes was stolen from those who loved and needed him. They depended on and trusted him. How could He?
He dumped his conscience along with the poor girls in those oil tanks. I don't think he has a conscience anymore. That is why he is able to smile and giggle the next day.

From AB 9/25/18:

Agencies involved in CW case
View attachment 148681

ETA: Considering the resources he had available from the above agencies, you'd think he'd be doing exactly that. But it's understandable why he didn't do that now, since he we now know he was lying, and knew exactly where they were.

Firestone, Longmont and Dacona police depts? I'm not familiar with those locations I'll have to go look it up on Google Map. I wonder if those departments also have online lookups for police calls to look back on? Or were they just investigative units?

It could also refer to a decline in mental health. Maybe there were things she was confiding in her family about. Something we haven't heard about yet. If could be anything. Her mom may turn out to be a good witness if SW had been telling her things she observed or was worried about. Although she put on a good front for FB, usually there is soneone a person feels close to that they will tell their problems to. Maybe all the praising she did of him was intended to lift his confidence. Maybe he was having episodes of depression or some other problem. Jmo

Agreed. And likewise perhaps there was that one person who may have been close to CW, that we don't know about. To whom CW confided in. We shall see.

JMO.

I’m way behind on this thread, I gave up trying to read all the posts due to time. I know it’s been confirmed C.W. had an AP but I’ve read several times on these threads that he had more than one AP and they may not all have been female. Has this been confirmed by LE or any other reputable source ? Are there any links ? Ty
No. We have confirmation of a sole affair, and rumors of more.

Leaks early on, indicated that LE believed that there were multiple affairs, involving both men and women.

There is no confirmation of this however.

Firestone, Longmont and Dacona police depts? I'm not familiar with those locations I'll have to go look it up on Google Map. I wonder if those departments also have online lookups for police calls to look back on? Or were they just investigative units?

Great points! IMO, those agencies would definitely be worth a look to see if any police calls could be pulled. Especially considering, AFAIK, we haven't been able to determine the precise date and time of the dog's CWB call. JMO

Yes, I edited to add that considering the resources he had available from all of those agencies, you'd think he'd be doing exactly that.

But it's understandable why there was no public pleading; since we now know he was lying, and knew exactly where they were.

ETA: JMO.

I think maybe initially he was trying to act like they’d just had an argument (that he didn’t want to get into) and she’d taken off with his kids. IMO the folded arms, rocking back and forth, no tears, etc, could make him come across as more angry than devastated, although we know now that it was probably because he was terrified that he’d slip up with the whole world watching. I am confused though about the order and times of the three interviews. Were they all from the day after his family had disappeared?

No. We have confirmation of a sole affair, and rumors of more.

Leaks early on, indicated that LE believed that there were multiple affairs, involving both men and women.

There is no confirmation of this however.
Thanks Massguy, if these leaks are true, especially about the AP’s being male aswell then it seems his whole life was one big lie. And you know that saying “there’s no smoke without fire”.

He attended NASCAR school. Those cars are incredibly high tech. And he was an ordinary car mechanic but ordinary cars have lots of high tech info in them.

It seems incredible that he would not know about his security system.

So many things that are around this case make no sense such as how he was going to explain how they got out of the house without being seen,

I think maybe initially he was trying to act like they’d just had an argument (that he didn’t want to get into) and she’d taken off with his kids. IMO the folded arms, rocking back and forth, no tears, etc, could make him come across as more angry than devastated, although we know now that it was probably because he was terrified that he’d slip up with the whole world watching. I am confused though about the order and times of the three interviews. Were they all from the day after his family had disappeared?

The affidavit reads:
On 8/14/18 at approximately 0700, Det. Baumhover learned neither Shanann nor the girls had returned to the residence. Det. Baumhover requested an immediate press release be issued and initiated assistance from CBI and ultimately the FBI.

From my understanding of that, 8/14 would have been that Tuesday, and the press release would have had the media showing up to potentially report on this that same day. Unless I'm reading that wrong, I'd guess the media interviews were done on Tuesday, the day after NUA and LE showed up.

JMO.

He attended NASCAR school. Those cars are incredibly high tech. And he was an ordinary car mechanic but ordinary cars have lots of high tech info in them.

It seems incredible that he would not know about his security system.

So many things that are around this case make no sense such as how he was going to explain how they got out of the house without being seen,
It doesn’t make sense, then again, a lot of his actions don’t seem well thought out/executed.

When you have a coverup to commit, time is not your friend. This means that he had to rush, and rushing gives way to sloppiness.

Perhaps he never gave the security system a second thought, because he didn’t have time to.

It's so hard for me to believe CW's story of what happened that horrible night. Especially in light of his attempts to cover up what he had done. And the lies !

What kind of person is capable of not only going to work the same morning he murdered his family, but even after putting their dead bodies in the truck, driving to the site, and disposing of them, he was also capable of taking himself to work, being interviewed 3 times by tv stations and speaking with LE. Did he speak with family, too? Lies lies and more lies.

Who can trust or believe anything he says after all the lies? Why would he cover up what he says Shannan did? Seems he would be all up into showing & telling LE & his family what Shannan did.
He would cuddle and hold those little bodies. He would grieve. Not drive to a job site and dump them like embarrassing trash. Who does these things to people they Love? Little babies?

And why would his defense team want to keep his visitors private?

CWs heart and soul is entirely void. Black and empty. The air he breathes was stolen from those who loved and needed him. They depended on and trusted him. How could He?
From an article dated August 23 (an oldie, but a goodie IMO) Denise Mowder, associate professor of criminology and criminal justice at MSU Denver and a former prosecutor who has worked with thousands of victims of family violence said this:

"I think he had a vision of another life with this other woman — carefree, no responsibilities," she said. "Two children and another on the way, that's a big responsibility."

The fact that Chris Watts went in front of a Denver7 camera to plead for his family's lives after he knew they were dead indicates, to Mowder, that he planned to blame an intruder, play victim and eventually start a new life.

"This whole facade he put on right after they started looking for them — that was very odd, and it makes me wonder if he wasn't trying to find an out to be with the girlfriend," said Mowder. "Somebody else did it. I'm the poor grieving father."

Criminologist on Chris Watts case: 'There's some secrets there'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member