Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course he is a murderer, but he has not been convicted. This does bother me because as we know, there have been people arrested who in fact were innocent.

He will be in jail for a long time. It seems like trials take awhile to start.

Is the 23 hours a day in his cell with nothing forever until he is convicted? What in the heck does he do all day?

Yes, he may deserve it, but I am wondering how anyone can survive that. Is this standard? A person, not him, could be innocent and they would get the same treatment? Scary.

I, for one, am not one bit concerned about what he has to do all day. He can breathe and eat, which is much, much more than the victims he "admitted" to murdering. MOO. Even though his victims are dead at his admitted hand, they still have rights. JMO. Victims have rights too.

COBRA for several months and then the insurance goes away. You have to get your own. COBRA is the cost of the premium in full. You pay it to keep your coverage
Why wouldn't she have gotten her own as soon as a divorce was final? He murdered her before she had a chance to try it on her own, with her supportive family. You can't stay with a cheating, inattentive man just because his company provides insurance.

That's the thing, we don't know. People are just assuming because they filed bankruptcy once, that they were in trouble again. I do know some that do that, but most people learn from prior experience, and move on just fine after bankruptcy.

To me, it does not look like they had that great of an income. Private school tuition. Tons of clothes. Electronics.

Why wouldn't she have gotten her own as soon as a divorce was final? He murdered her before she had a chance to try it on her own, with her supportive family. You can't stay with a cheating, inattentive man just because his company provides insurance.

She can get her own but the cost would be outrageous.

It has nothing to do with staying with someone but what each was looking at for quality of financial life

Interesting read about Apple watches, being able to track movements and possibly exonerate SW from that ridiculous story about her killing the children.

A cynical side of me, just can't believe that this family took out bankruptcy, less than 3 years ago (2015?), and yet they are living pretty well, Apple watches, private nursery school, new cars, fancy house.

CW made $65,000 a year. That covers the basics, without a lot left over...SW was earning more, based on sales, but this can fluctuate. And the HOA fees, were being ignored. Interesting.

I don't understand folks who live in debt, it is tremendous pressure to maintain that facade. At some point, everything crashes.

@mickey2942 - IIRC, the 65k salary was @ the time of filing the 2015 bankruptcy. We don't know what he was making at the time of the murders. I too would like to know what his salary/financial status was at the time of the murders.

I would not be surprised if the house was going into foreclosure. JMO
Yes, and thats the risk you take if you dont file 13 first. That's why I dont understand. Unless your income is stable and you have money in the bank to support the mortgage just in case. I would think all the money would be going into the mortgage, and there were other expenses like daycare and car payments, which doesn't leave much left for savings. Jmo

@mickey2942 - IIRC, the 65k salary was @ the time of filing the 2015 bankruptcy. We don't know what he was making at the time of the murders. I too would like to know what his salary/financial status was at the time of the murders.
If it was 60,000 at the time of the bankrupcy, I don't see how it would be much more, unless he got promoted or something. Jmo

Bluff said:
@Amandaaa Can you advise whether an incarcerated inmate who is on suicide watch would be permitted private citizen visitors (non defense experts)?

Doesn't he get to decide who can visit? I thought he had an 'approved visitor list '....?

@ZsaZsa I am sure CW has an "approved visitor list" as you suggest and I believe that list is based on his lawyers legal advice to him about whom he can visit with and whom he should not visit with. The point I was inquiring on with @Amandaaa is whether CW would be permitted private citizen visits (in general) if he was on suicide watch.

I am going to make a post offering my observation of a published news article and comments in the article but to preempt any push back towards me directly for this post, I want to make it clear that I do not have any loyalty or sympathy towards CW. I simply want to suggest that CW is receiving private citizen visits in jail and as a result of those visits, the consensus towards him is not favorable in CW's mind and he is not getting the support from those private citizens as he was hoping for.

Based on the paragraph below in the news article and the "direct quotes" within the article, I get the distinct impression that CW has received visits from private citizens since his incarceration.

It would appear to me that CW is referring to intimate conversations he has had with private citizens while in jail and not the conversations he has had with his defense team. If it was conversations with his defense team, those interpretations would remain confidential and CW and his defense team would not want those interpretations brought out in the media. I think these quotes support the idea that CW has had private citizen visits and as a result of those visits he feels the following:

"He feels like no one understands him, and nobody knows what happened," an insider told PEOPLE of Watts' current emotional state. "He thinks if they did understand, they'd realize he's not the monster everyone says he is."

Colorado man accused of murdering his wife and two daughters thinks that 'no one understands him'

Well, right now CW needs to put his faith and trust in his lawyer. The fact that he is allegedly still worried about what people think about him is very telling, imo. If he’s innocent, he’s got nothing to worry about.

I, for one, am not one bit concerned about what he has to do all day. He can breathe and eat, which is much, much more than the victims he "admitted" to murdering. MOO. Even though his victims are dead at his admitted hand, they still have rights. JMO. Victims have rights too.

Maybe I can be more clear. Anyone can be arrested if circumstances are bad for you. It has happened to people but moreso POC.

If one is innocent and waiting for years in jail until trial, what a scary thing.

Is this standard jail protocol?

Financially, a divorce for either would be devastating. He would have his new woman with a good job and no expenses with his financial freedom plan.

You raise some very valid points regarding health coverage, and the potential for exclusions or higher premiums in the future for SW should a divorce have had occurred. However; if a consumer has prior creditable coverage and there were no lapses in coverage, any pre-existing health condition would be eliminated.

I have had the privilege to participate in several state and federal insurance panels recently. While the information and article you reference (great information), are proposed, they have not yet been put into place. It may have affected SW in the future, if she remained self-employed.

Because CW has claimed a discussion occurred regarding a possible separation, SW would have been eligible to remain on his company group plan. I am fairly certain (I think :p), that health insurance was not even something that either thought about or discussed.

Yes, and thats the risk you take if you dont file 13 first. That's why I dont understand. Unless your income is stable and you have money in the bank to support the mortgage just in case. I would think all the money would be going into the mortgage, and there were other expenses like daycare and car payments, which doesn't leave much left for savings. Jmo
IMO I think they were living on credit, above their means and paycheck to paycheck. I don’t think they were saving.
jmo

So true JudgeJudi. If he had never said a word and just stayed in his house looking depressed, can you imagine how many more people would be defending him. IMO
Didn't the reporter say something like I can't believe you opened the door, when he/she knocked on his door? (IIRC). He should have said, look, I'm really torn up and desperate, please get it out that I need help finding them, I am going to speak with LE soon, again, and later today I'll have a short interview to get people to help us look for them. (Something like that. So he saunters out in his new shirt, meticulous decorative shave, saying stupid inconsistent things, well it's his own fault. Actually It's ALL his fault).

Pre-forclosure would be public record. At least it is where I live. That's how flippers get good deals, they go straight to the owner and pay off the mortgage.
I think the mortgage only has to be behind by 3 months. Maybe it was getting close and that's why CW was talking so much about selling the house. Maybe he wanted to sell before it went into foreclosure. Jmo

@Thepoet last thread we were discussing the possible tools in the truck:
Found Deceased - CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #35
I suggested he might have a gas powered impact wrench for taking off the bolts on the oil tank hatches. As a mechanic I think that would be a common tool to own. JMO.
You said: "Could be. The equipment was big, above the sides of the bed. Looked similar to a engine hoist."
I previously speculated that he could have a gas powered auger in his truck that he could have used to dig the grave faster. I was thinking of one like this:
240h_10892961.jpg

AUGER 1-MAN, STAND UP, GAS POWER - Broadway Rental Equipment Co

But when you said it looks like an engine hoist I wondered if he had a larger auger like this one:
1MANAUGER.jpg

AUGER 1-MAN, TOWABLE, GAS POWER - Broadway Rental Equipment Co

Oil industry experts, would this be something CW would normally have for his job?

And does anyone have a good photo of the truck as they towed it away?
Maybe one of our members here can zoom in or enhance the photo to better tell what is in the bed of the truck?
What I saw looked similar to the Auger 1, but white. I'll try to find photo. If he had digger, why was grave shallow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23