Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #5

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by ColoGirl, Aug 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Someone upthread said that this case is very much like a case in the 70s. Capt. Jeffrey MacDonald. I'm watching the movie about him called Fatal Vision, to get an idea of a possible motive.

2. glassheater

glassheater Well-Known Member

Thank you for your perspective. And I agree, I think she was trying to support her family and make lemons out of lemonade. As much as I detest MLMs, I often feel for the women behind them because most of them that I have known that join are good people with tough financial circumstances and find the potential to make money while still having the flexibility to be with young kids appealing.

3. BayouBelle_LA

BayouBelle_LA Well-Known Member

Maybe her friend or her mom were on the approved contact list. I imagine CW would likely be on her contact list as well. It's easy for me to see how someone legally obtained the information about her missing the appointment.

4. Herat

Herat Way out West

Why would Shannann's keys be in her car in the garage?

She used her keys to get in the house that night. Most people would put them immediately into their purse or on a regular place near the entry. I would never put my keys in the car in the garage because I'd never remember they were there and I'd be searching all over the house for an hour before I remembered them

Nicole drove her home from the airport. Was she trying to get in the car to get away from him that night? Was he thinking about driving the bodies out in her car?

Hmmmm

5. KathrynL

KathrynL Well-Known Member

I've thought a lot about that case and what may have happened in this one. IIRC, JM fought with Colette, and hit her in the head with a 2x4. Then he went on to kill his girls. The same kind of thing possibly happened in the Watts house, but without any known facts about it I'm not sure if it's accurate in this case.

WonderMore, CARIIS and Mrs G Norris like this.
  6. mickey2942

mickey2942 Well-Known Member

HOA's are the worst. That being said, it is a fairly nominal amount each month, usually to keep up common areas. If you can't pay this fee, what else is being skimped on? On Pink Truth, the MLM Mom's hated August, because they had to face the truth, that they had no money for basic school supplies, and it went on the ever increasing credit card.

As for working MLM to be home with her children...? What was she doing in Arizona? That is the disconnect.

Sad.

Lucyray, bears10, Starkville and 3 others like this.
  7. My theory is he killed the kids before she got home to punish her for some perceived offense...
    Seems like there's lot of that type thing in the news lately

8. pocketaccent

pocketaccent Well-Known Member

When he didn't stop squeezing (ugh, sorry guys) as his victims struggle to breathe, he premeditated. IMO premeditation takes only a second or two, not hours, or days or weeks. It only requires thinking that he was going to kill. Plus he did this to 3 people in a row.

9. Crystal Regan

Crystal Regan Well-Known Member

She could have filled out release of information forms and had them on file at the doctor’s office.

10. PeekingDuck

PeekingDuck Well-Known Member

Wow! Very well said.

vaporlass, heed101, CARIIS and 2 others like this.
  11. Tippy Lynn

Tippy Lynn Well-Known Member

A contact list is to be used if the medical facility needs to contact a person in a medical emergency. It’s not used to give out information on the patient.

Lucyray and bears10 like this.
  12. CFlo

CFlo Well-Known Member

I noticed about their doorknob, there seems to be a keypad. Maybe that’s a keyless entry? Not sure.

I admit I do keep my keys in my car right on the dashboard, because I always pull right into the garage, set them up there so I know where to find them next, then go into the house through the interior garage/house door. I’ve always done that though, is that uncommon?
    - It is the only door I ever use to enter the house.

Sconnie, WonderMore, Lucyray and 6 others like this.
  13. ccd1127

ccd1127 Active Member

I’m assuming that Shanann was supposed to get in touch with her friend that morning/day. They probably texted all the time and when Shanann didn’t get back to her, she got worried.

14. no one

no one Well-Known Member

I don't even understand why he told the reporters there was an "emotional discussion" considering he would be the only one to know that. When they asked if they had argued why didn't he just say "no, we were happy to see each other. She woke me up to let me know she was home safely and then went and checked on the girls and came to bed and the last time I saw her was when I got up and left for work. I didn't want to disturb her because I knew she was tired, so I just kissed her cheek and left for work". Why in the world even mention an emotional discussion....unless that discussion actually started on the phone in the car with Nichole and he figured Nichole might mention it, so he was being proactive by bringing it up.

15. Tippy Lynn

Take it for what it’s worth, but I’ve worked in healthcare for over 20 years and that’s not how it works.

16. NCTeacher

NCTeacher Well-Known Member

Maybe, because she has lupus and her pregnancy is riskier, the doctor's office called her home and left a message about rescheduling. I know I have it checked off that my doctor's office can leave detailed, medical messages.

17. CFlo

CFlo Well-Known Member

These are definitely good questions though! Good catch!

18. BayouBelle_LA

BayouBelle_LA Well-Known Member

Approved contacts are people that you give permission to have access to and discuss your protected health information. Surely that person would be able to find out about a missed appointment.

19. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

It is interesting about the keys in the car and I wonder if that has any connection to him saying the garage was unlocked? He is asked about the house being locked and really over-explains the garage being unlocked and says that is normal. Very odd. :confused: Listen at about the 4:53 mark.

20. Tippy Lynn

Yes, they could have left her a message, but how would her friend have known that? Her friend was alarmed because she texted/called with no response and bevause she missed her appointment, but her friend had no way to know if a message was left to reschedule.

Lucyray, bears10, Starkville and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.