Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
That location is 45 to 1 hr from their house, depending on the route driven. What time was he expected at work that day? When did his shift begin? If he were trying to dispose of all three bodies at once, that would have take a lot of time.

Google Maps

Yes, it would. Perhaps he always worked out there, idk. The map showed it was Roggen, which is very rural. passed it on the highway often, since it is 20 minutes from where I live. (shiver) If he did usually work that area then considering how isolated it is, he could easily have plenty of time to go unnoticed. I'm about ready to have a good cry over this whole horrendous situation. imo,etc.

What? Did he forget that he placed those precious, pure babies in oil tank to rot.

Exactly. And this is what cannot be explained if SW killed the children. In addition to giving his crazy media interviews. He killed all of them, just as charged. And he planned this out. My guess is that his gf was putting pressure on him.

Accusing the pregnant wife he murdered of strangling her babies because he told her he wanted a separation sounds like a fine way of ensuring a jury returns a DP sentence, or the maximum punishment allowable.

His story-lie is as self-serving and narcissistic as it is outrageous and unbelievable.

It makes zero emotional or logical sense that his exhausted pregnant wife would react to being told he wanted a separation (if that even happened) by choosing to kill her other babies, much less by the brutal method of strangulation, twice over.

It makes even less sense that he didn't know his wife was strangling his babies in another room until he saw it on a baby monitor (how ridiculous), and that his first (and only) response was ANGER/RAGE towards her, and that he chose to act on that rage by killing her--and their unborn baby--by strangulation, the same way she had supposedly just killed their babies.

And then, yah, right, rather than realizing omg what did I just do, what did she do, and calling the police, he stuck his babies in oil tanks, dug a shallow grave for his dead wife and unborn baby, and showed no emotion that day or the next.

I don't believe a jury will believe that story, and I think they'll hate him all the more if he tries to play righteous victim and blame his dead wife, in order to save his own psycho arse.
Disagree. This is you logically and passionately looking at the fact and stats you know. Some people will buy it...

By the way I agree with so much of what you say. But people who don’t follow true crime may and possibly will buy it.

It’s not reasonable for a mom that was happy Selling her product, lots of friends, coming home at 2am after a couple day work conference, and killing her kids. That’s just not reasonable.

Exactly. And that's not even getting into his behavior after the fact. It's just completely nonsensical.

I would think there's not a single juror in the world who would buy that story from this , but it seems at least one long time member here believes it and all it takes is one on the jury.

Don't you think that the first thing SW would do when she got home was peak in at the girls?

When they weren't in their beds and their blankets were gone, I think she probably flipped and that's when he killed her.

EXACTLY!! This is what I think, I was thinking about the first thing I do when returning from a trip if the kids are sleeping.....I go straight in there to see their sleeping faces and kiss them. I think that’s when this emotional convo started to go down & he killed her.

I don't believe for a minute that SW had a borderline personality disorder. She had plenty of very close friends. She was incredibly adept at marketing on social media. There is no way the defense can escape the fact that CW didn't call 911 and instead hid his children's bodies in crude oil. To even suggest CW is somehow a victim in these horrific deaths really is incredibly far-fetched. JMO
I agree. I had a sister in law that had borderline personality disorder. When she figured out the children loved their Dad, she took them away. Then when the children grew attached to his family, She moved them away. She did the same with her family. She moves around and round and has been married and divorced more times than I can count. She has kept those children to herself. I don't see any of this type of behavior from SW.

If he loved those kids and was enraged that SW killed them, you cannot convince me he would've just dumped them in a tank of oil and walked away.

He would've buried them, probably with their favorite blanket or toy. Shown some sort of respect and love towards them that way.

He would've shown some semblance of emotion the next day being interviewed.

But that's not what happened, and it makes it clear to me that he's the guilty one.

Wow! Quite the strategy. Of course, when all the evidence and speculation points in one direction, only a truly outlandish theory will suffice. So, Shanann returned and killed the daughters whose lives she would likely protect over her own?

Kind of like if OJ had blamed the killing on his kids, since they were in the home when Nicole & Ron were killed.

so she was perfectly fine with going out of town, away from him for 6 weeks.

And he wants us to believe that he asks for a separation, and she immediately goes and strangles her 2 baby girls? I have a hard time believing that scenario...

His story is preposterous. I don't believe SW killed her children. But even if I were to doubt, his story in the affidavit doesn't make sense.

In the affidavit, it says that CW claims he told SW he wanted to separate, then he went downstairs "for a moment" and returned upstairs to their room to see (via baby monitor) that SW was strangling Celeste while Bella was blue on her bed. That's just ridiculous. I don't know how long it takes to strangle someone (I'm sure experienced sleuthers could enlighten me!), but I assume it's not very quick, and to only be downstairs "for a moment" and come upstairs to find one child already dead, and the other being "actively strangled"...? Within a moment or so? Not only that, but say he rushed in, and he -- I assume -- would try to stop SW from strangling the child, but couldn't stop her in time and so both of the children died? I mean, he's 225 lbs and muscular. I'm sure he could've stopped her easily.

I guess there is much more that will come to light. It's my first rodeo, here.
Well, stick around, PaperFlowers, and

Welcome to Websleuths!!

Dig back through. A few pages back there's a link to his cached Instagram account where he was hawking the product, too. She wasn't the only one buying patches and selling them.

I would not be surprised if she was selling for him. Not saying this in a condescending way, but it would help her downline. And the captions seemed so scripted to me. The same type of scripts I’ve seen IME have been on women’s posts.

Really old member here, coming out of a long self-imposed exile to offer a few thoughts:

1. <modsnip>First, I have lupus. Although some lupus patients can have brain "fog" or problems with memory, borderline personality disorder is not one of the symptoms or conditions of lupus. I've never been accused of having BPD as part of my diagnosis, nor has anyone I know. Also, I have worked in social media for 10 years. It is very common for people on social media (especially millennials) to portray a better lifestyle than they actually have because everyone wants to show that they have the perfect life, especially those selling a "lifestyle" product that encourages a better body, more energy, etc. It does not mean she was delusional, it is more of a marketing tool. I'm not saying it's right to do, just that it is very very common. To extrapolate that because she embellished her home life, she drove her husband to do this is outrageous. If you don't like what is going on at home, leave. Don't kill your entire family.

2. I think you would be hard pressed to find a woman with lupus who would kill her own children, no matter the circumstances. Having a child while having lupus is extremely dangerous and high risk, and you go through a lot to have those children. There is no way a woman would go through the risk, worry of miscarriage, and stress of pregnancy and then kill their child. I was told (before I had my baby) that I should never get pregnant because it would be too high risk. I did get pregnant unintentionally and it was very high risk for both the baby and me the entire time. We only had one because of that risk and he was our little miracle baby. I could never do him harm, no matter what the circumstance, and I am sure SW felt the same way about her babies.

3. I hope ME is able to pin down time of death for the girls. I agree with others that the flight delay really put a monkey wrench in his plans and he had to improvise. I live in AZ and we had very bad storms that Sunday night (it is monsoon season).

4. I wonder if they were able to get GPS data from CW's car to pinpoint exactly where he drove to get an idea where to find the bodies, since it appears they had drones out before he confessed.

5. I honestly think CW made many mistakes and they will come back to bite him. I don't think he knew about the neighbor's camera. The fact that he threw the sheets in the trash indicates he is not very clever--he did not really try to conceal evidence well. I wonder what they will find on those sheets. Were the girls beds made or unmade? I thought I remember from her friend Nikole's early statement that the beds were made. Why would he bother to make the beds himself if he is trying to imply she killed the girls in their beds. I am sure there will be plenty more bombshells by the time this is done and he has no chance of defense.

6. I would not be surprised if within 3-4 days we see new counsel for CW, a high profile lawyer like Mark Geragos. His current lawyer is too small potatoes for this case.
Thank you for joining us again and for this good feedback and overview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member