Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe for a minute that he told SW he wanted to separate. I think she told him because something happened before or over the weekend to trigger her response and it could be she learned of his affair. CW seemed perfectly happy to have a wife and kids and a girlfriend on the side.

But if SW separated and took the kids, he'd be out of the house, paying child support for three kids he would see maybe once a week and he sure wouldn't be welcome amongst "her people" at Le-Vel. I've always believed Laci learned of Amber Frey and that's what triggered her murder.

CW dug the grave before SW every came home. He had to because there wasn't enough time that morning. Hence, it was premeditated.

I feel like they wouldn’t charge with first degree murder unless they had some pretty solid evidence to prove it was premeditated. Seems that if there was any thought that it was “an act of passion” or whatever they call it for a spur of the moment thing that they would try for 2nd degree as that would be easier to convince a jury of without the proof. That’s JMO, I am not super familiar with how that works.

Could he have set that up himself after killing SW by putting SW hands around the girls necks and take her hand and scrape their skin with her nails?
He might have, but it won't matter. There is no way that they could remove that crude oil without removing the DNA. It is thick, sticky, oily and it is hard to get off.

BBM. Well, he didn't say that in the actual presser.

I’m actually thinking that they might be implying motive. That because she was pregnant, he wanted to terminate the pregnancy, hence she was killed in order to terminate.
I don’t know how that relates to the charges, though. I don’t think it actually changes anything. It might just be to acknowledge that he really did take four lives, not three.
Edit: I’m sorry I didn’t quote properly the post I was responding to and can’t fix it.

Are the baby monitors just a live stream or is video recorded like the ring doorbells?

I might be wrong here, but I thought the blueness was due to oxygen being cut off while living, not from death in general. Like when a child chokes on candy and starts turning blue. It wouldn't need to be a permanent thing for him to have seen it on the monitor. I mean I think he's a lying , but this is just the way I understood it.
Something else doesn’t seem right about him saying he saw her “blue”. What time was it? Still dark? The baby monitor will be in night mode (whatever that’s called), it’s basically black and white so you can still see the child in a dark room. How would he know she’s blue?

It never ceases to amaze me how utterly stupid these killers are. He left a blanket in the area where he dumped them?? He through away bed sheets?? He's blaming SW for the murder of her children but HE put the poor babies in oil tanks?? SMH

I feel like they wouldn’t charge with first degree murder unless they had some pretty solid evidence to prove it was premeditated. Seems that if there was any thought that it was “an act of passion” or whatever they call it for a spur of the moment thing that they would try for 2nd degree as that would be easier to convince a jury of without the proof. That’s JMO, I am not super familiar with how that works.

Good point! Often murder cases are charged as 2nd degree and them the 1st degree charge added later through grand jury indictment sometimes depending on a states criminal statutes. This one charged as premeditated right off the bat.

<modsnip: removed quoted post>

<modsnip: removed reply to quoted post>SW's public social media postings were for marketing purposes, nothing more or less. Her friends knew what was going on behind the scenes and that is why a red flag was raised with LE so quickly. Everyone should be so lucky.

I also seriously doubt SW had an issues with her parents. They both still share a last name and an address, according to the court filings. That spells stable family, rather than dysfunction.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Dexter,

That's for sure!

He was likely at work making a list of "chores" such as get rid of her purse, medicines, cell phone, etc. He may even have planned to fill the back of that truck with her suitcase, etc. Thrown the children's clothes and toys and books in it to make it look like S.W. "took off with everything needed for her to leave him for her lover."

Her car being in the garage would have been a problem though. Hmm how to move a car without it being noticed. Oh wait! Her lover picked them up in his car - he bought them new child seats. That might work. Oh wait!

If he was clever, he would have sent a text from her phone with a message to him that she was leaving him. Sent a text to Nickole. Sent dozens of texts before he destroyed the phone.

I could go on and on and on.

But the truth of it is he likely didn't make a list. He probably thought it was "all good". He may have thought he'd already got away with it.

Yes thank goodness for Nickole at the door. She knew.

Thank God for the Nickole Atkinsons of this world. The ones who truly love us.
He threw away a bed sheet in the kitchen trash can according to the Affidavit. That was his idea of getting rid of evidence. No, he isn't clever, and yes I agree he probably didn't make a list to stage the scene.

<modsnip: removed quoted post>

<modsnip: removed reply to quoted post>

It is extremely difficult to live with a chronic illness, and more difficult still, an illness that isn't visible to others, and way way more difficult, to be chronically ill while a mother of young children.

Being chronically ill and married, and married with children, is for many if not most in that situation a source of GUILT. Guilt for not being 100% there and capable, guilt for being a burden, guilt for being the one to have to be taken care of, rather than the one taking care of everyone else.

For many in that situation, a husband wanting to leave would more likely cause additional feelings of guilt or self-blame or even despair, perhaps, but no, no, no, not rage, much less a rage so intense as to want to murder one's own babies. No.

Last edited by a moderator:
JMO but I think people should stop asking for the name and pics of the suspected AP. We don’t know for a fact who she is, and even if we did, we have no reason to suspect she has anything to do with the murders other than a stupid comment from AB.

So what do you all think about the bedding evidence in the affidavit, namely, that pillowcases and a sheet were found in the kitchen trash can? And a matching sheet was found by drone lying in a oilfield near the body hiding spot?
I was wondering about the bedding in the trash can. Police said they saw no evidence of foul play on it. Could it have had evidence of the mistress? Throw it away now and dump the trash somewhere else when he stages the scene later?

How is oil going to preserve evidence? It's contamination, contamination doesn't preserve evidence.
Here is the DNA expert his defense was using. You got to ask why they used this particular expert, who
"admitted that he had no direct experience in DNA extraction or analysis, that his lab was unaccredited, that he failed his proficiency tests in 2011 and 2012, and that he trained himself to run DNA profiles."
Frederick girls may have been strangled to death, defense motion suggests
Point is there will be no "touch DNA" Do you have any idea what is added to crude stored in tank?. Well let's say the list for tar oil is long. This tank was not at a refinery. See the coordinates...

I think it was more likely about wanting to look like a stud for his mistress instead of being the fat guy in his wife's early social media posts.

I don’t ever remember him looking like a “fat guy” but I can see him wanting to start caring about his looks to attract someone else or to keep up with his wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie