CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #8

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by ColoGirl, Aug 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Autopsies were done on that Friday the week he was arrested.

2. Shekkiec

Shekkiec Well-Known Member

3. DAdvocate

DAdvocate Well-Known Member

If the defense can put that video with the video of her eating the bars and the child hungry, they can begin to piece together a pattern...

bluenoser and cattlekate like this.
  4. Bill Carson

Bill Carson Well-Known Member

In that second story, this quote stood out to me---

I think CW was pained by the five-week separation and the knowledge that SW was filing for divorce and leaving to return to NC soon after she returned from AZ.

5. 262gal

262gal Member

Oh, me too, Lola, on the 'undecided'.

Some sleuthers have suggested his dad helped him concoct his SW-killed-kids-so-I-strangled-her theory. I think it's more likely dad's no idiot and knew son had done it, and he may have helped get CW to tell LE.

I also keep thinking of Native Son, a novel by Richard Wright that I had to read in hs. Bigger was an African American in the 50s or 60s who got a job as a driver for a prominent local white man's daughter. She got drunk one night and he didn't want her to get in trouble--she was almost passed out--so he carried her into her house to put her to bed so she wouldn't get in trouble with her folks. Entering white folks' house was forbidden. As he was carrying her up the stairs, she started making noise. He panicked and smothered her. Then he über-panicked and stuffed her body in the furnace. I can't remember how they found him/knew he'd done it, but after the fact, the horror was that he'd destroyed her body so inhumanely. In reality, his horror was that after he'd killed her, he had to hide the evidence. CW is a monster, no doubt. And I don't disagree with anyone here who questions how a father could leave their child in such a wretched resting place. But if his first thought was covering it up/ridding the evidence, it's sort of a separate thing, IMO. Especially if he's truly narcissistic at the core and only concerned with himself.

Lola68 and PommyMommy like this.
  6. Bill Carson

Why are you so intent on building a case for the defense. I admit that before this case I hadn't posted since September of last year, but when I was active here last, this was considered a victim-friendly forum. Has that changed?

7. Greysp

Greysp Active Member

Sorry. What is BBM

BabyButterfly likes this.
  8. Davia18

Davia18 Verified Human

I'm glad you signed up and such a great first post. I'm 100% with you :)
    Love this place because we can't Victim Blame and for anyone who says anything negative about SW and her parenting makes my blood boil.
    I also knew the second I saw his interview that he killed them. He is a true Monster.

9. Shekkiec

Very likely

Alice253 and cottonweaver like this.
  10. cottonweaver

cottonweaver Well-Known Member

Welcome Juniper. Agree with many things you have said but too long to take them in turn.

We have a resources thread on page 1 of this thread ( Media Resources...) so it might be worth adding some to that - Pommery & Spellbound would probably be interested in any new additions.

This might interest you re the Denver7 interview too
    Dr. Jack Brown on Twitter

Dr Jack Brown does a review”nonverbal and paralanguage analysis” of the CW video. Best analysis I have seen.

11. SuperTmo

SuperTmo Well-Known Member

To make that connection, you have to assume that the kids actually posed that doll that way. I will never ever believe it. I just can’t. Beyond the fact that the Twister mat is folded so neatly, the staging looks way too realistic for two kids playing with a doll.

Why would they purposefully make the doll look longer and more human shaped by putting something on the pillow on the right to look like a head? The doll’s head is between those pillows and the doll is rigid plastic... it doesn’t bend or flex to be elevated like it is resting on the pillow on the right. The doll lays flat.

How would 3 and 4 year old kids know to make the doll pose that way? It is very clear that it was staged to look like a human resting against pillows, not a doll.

12. searchinGirl

searchinGirl Well-Known Member

North of Roggen. A remote site.

Mellowmelly, PommyMommy and KathrynL like this.
  13. Lore Listener

Lore Listener So many crimes, so little time

Colorado has 50/50 custody. It's almost impossible for or one parent to get majority custody if the other parent doesn't agree to it. The only real exception is proven physical abuse of the children. I work in the field of domestic violence, and we see a lot of abusers use this to try to keep the victim in the marriage. However, most people don't know about that unless they've been through a high-conflict divorce here recently, so your scenario is still reasonably likely.

14. Greysp

Greysp Active Member

Unless she didn't want to sell and preferred to pay it with child support money. I wouldn't make it easy for the prick. Why should the kids lose their house

Mellowmelly, CFlo, Daisy47 and 5 others like this.
  15. 262gal

262gal Member

Not necessarily a red flag that he'd plan to kill them, but certainly an indicator that dude only looked out for himself. "If I lose my wife, I'll need a cook and a cleaning lady." "If my daughter dies, we'll need to pay for her funeral." The H?

When hubby and I took out our life insurance, pretty sure his first inclination was to have his policy substantially higher than mine because he had higher income.

16. SuperTmo

SuperTmo Well-Known Member

Because then it is her choice to leave him, not his choice to leave her? This matters to people who are controlling and manipulative.

17. mtnlites

mtnlites President of the Imaginary Friends' Club

Wondering that myself.

I quite honestly don't understand why some people are insistent upon making Shanann the "bad guy" here and seem to be going out of their way to find things. She's dead. You might not agree with how she displayed herself on SM (which is the way that MANY people do), or agree with the bedtimes she set. You may not even LIKE her. She is still a victim in this crime, however. She was still killed. There is zero proof that she killed the girls; we only have CW's word for that and his track record for the truth isn't strong.

18. mtnlites

mtnlites President of the Imaginary Friends' Club

I have done the exact same thing. Showing my kids the storm and explaining it to them lessened their fear.

19. Bill Carson

Yes, Colorado is considered a 50/50 parenting time state, if the parents live close enough to make it workable. However, the courts also have to let a parent move away if done in the initial parental orders, and then the court will have to determine which parent should have primary custody based upon the children's best interest.

IMO, in this case, SW could very well move back to NC, and the Court would let her take the kids with her, and there would be very little that CW could do about it. Plus, he probably didn't have the money for a big custody fight.

So I think he knew she could take the kids and he would see them rarely, and he would have to pay child support, and without her income he couldn't keep the house.

His world--this facade of the perfect family--was about to come crashing down.

20. Shekkiec

Any mother /father of two children that age would never believe she wasn’t a great mom. Posting that was a moment of being “real” . Children between 3-5 have boundless energy , are not hungry then “starving” 2mins later , don’t have to use the bathroom before you get in the car and need to go immediately one block later. The post of her explaining hail to her daughter and the tenderness she used and understanding the daughter reflected shows she is a mom that has a wonderful bond with her babies

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.