Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #48

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. She should know by now since he has been her brother for the last 3 decades or so.

Or atleast I would think so if the document was 100% accurate ?

Now some say that SW took her kids to alot of doctors visits for no reason at all.

So has Cw ever been diagnosed with Aspergers from a early age since the 80s?

That's kind of funny. I can't believe I am going to say this, since it's going to sound like I am defending this crew, but it's possible for people to go their entire lives without getting the diagnosis. It's really only become "popular" in the past 10-15 years or so, which means many adults may have shown signs as youngsters but they were ignored. I know many people who were diagnosed until they were in their 30s and 40s.

Doesn't really matter, though. They could try to use that, but having Aspergers doesn't make one more prone to violence or murder. In my experience being married to someone on the spectrum, it seems to go the opposite way.

Nothing about CW makes sense to me.

Why stray from adorable wife and children in the first place.
Then get your wife pregnant.
Then kill all of them.
Then blame the wife.
Then plead guilty so early in the game.

Maybe he feels remorseful. That would be the best case scenario. Hope he proves me right next Monday.
He may act remorseful, but that obviously doesn’t mean he is.

This guy didn’t suddenly lose his temper and commit a crime of passion. It was both slow and methodical, and his coverup, diabolical.

I genuinely doubt he has the ability to feel remorse.

But I agree, I would love to know that he felt true remorse for what he did.

It would give him something to reflect upon over the next several decades.

But what that isn't floating around already, that they'd already be privy to I wonder.... this case makes my head and my heart hurt.
Floating around is one thing. Having evidence and the people involved testifying in front of the family is another thing.
He and they can deny it and say they were just rumours until you have people testifying under oath. And the world listening.

He may act remorseful, but that obviously doesn’t mean he is.

This guy didn’t suddenly lose his temper and commit a crime of passion. It was both slow and methodical, and his coverup, diabolical.

I genuinely doubt he has the ability to feel remorse.

But I agree, I would love to know that he felt true remorse for what he did.

It would give him something to reflect upon over the next several decades.
I hope he doesn't try acting again. We've already seen that and it was a disaster. MOO

I hope he doesn't try acting again. We've already seen that and it was a disaster. MOO
Haaaa true. If he couldn’t act when it truly mattered, when his freedom was on the line, then I don’t think he’ll be able to pull it off here.

It would be like Pauly Shore winning the Academy Award for Best Actor.

Not gonna happen.

Haaaa true. If he couldn’t act when it truly mattered, when his freedom was on the line, then I don’t think he’ll be able to pull it off here.

It would be like Pauly Shore winning the Academy Award for Best Actor.

Not gonna happen.

Hey now. SON-IN-LAW was comedy gold! :cool:

I do think the reason he took a plea is because he didn't want to sit there and watch and listen to a parade of people talk about his transgresses. It's one thing for people to trash SW on the internet, and for him to accuse her of heinous acts, but it's another for him to have to listen to people pontificate about HIM.

That's kind of funny. I can't believe I am going to say this, since it's going to sound like I am defending this crew, but it's possible for people to go their entire lives without getting the diagnosis. It's really only become "popular" in the past 10-15 years or so, which means many adults may have shown signs as youngsters but they were ignored. I know many people who were diagnosed until they were in their 30s and 40s.

Doesn't really matter, though. They could try to use that, but having Aspergers doesn't make one more prone to violence or murder. In my experience being married to someone on the spectrum, it seems to go the opposite way.
To use it at all is disgusting though as it would have nothing to do with him committing the murders and would further stigmatize the diagnosis. Were they trying to bust that out as the reason he was so unemotional in the interviews? That would literally be like saying being on the spectrum makes you have no conscience and that's just not true.

Last edited:
Hey now. SON-IN-LAW was comedy gold! :cool:

I do think the reason he took a plea is because he didn't want to sit there and watch and listen to a parade of people talk about his transgresses. It's one thing for people to trash SW on the internet, and for him to accuse her of heinous acts, but it's another for him to have to listen to people pontificate about HIM.
I don’t think he’d throw away any opportunity at freedom, for that reason alone.

I think that maintaining his image, was simply the final straw.

Something had to convince him that he had no chance of prevailing.

Edit: I did absolutely love that movie. I was like 5 though when I saw it. :p

To use it at all is disgusting though as it would have nothing to do with him committing the murders and would further stigmatizie the diagnosis. Were they trying to bust that out as the reason he was so unemotional in the interviews? That would literally be like saying being on the spectrum makes you have no conscience and that's just not true.
Yes, very self serving of them.

So true about diagnosis years ago. I never even heard of it when my babies were babies.

If the plea agreement doesn't go through, for whatever reason, and this case goes to trial, can the prosecution use CW's admission of guilt in the plea arrangement at trial?

That's a good question and one I've been thinking about for a few days.

Maybe someone can tell me. But I think that during the presser the DA talked about if he withdrew his plea he could not withdraw the "facts". I tried to find that part of the presser again but ran out of time.

I took that to mean he can't take back the waivers. Which are significant.

I believe his statement of actual guilt would be rescinded, though. But I'm not sure.

Wow. She should know by now since he has been her brother for the last 3 decades or so.

Or atleast I would think so if the document was 100% accurate ?

Now some say that SW took her kids to alot of doctors visits for no reason at all.

So has Cw ever been diagnosed with Aspergers from a early age since the 80s?
No she wasn’t saying he was diagnosed with it. The host said that she and his sister were talking and starting to think he could have it. Their reasoning for his tv interviews are because he was just doing what he thought he was supposed to and act like and relating it to that.

Disclaimer: This is what they said, not what I agree with

To use it at all is disgusting though as it would have nothing to do with him committing the murders and would further stigmatizie the diagnosis. Were they trying to bust that out as the reason he was so unemotional in the interviews? That would literally be like saying being on the spectrum makes you have no conscience and that's just not true.

Yeah, it would be pretty disgusting if it were used in any form. People already have difficulty understanding what Aspergers is and how it affects people. The last thing we need is for someone to blame multiple murders on it. FWIW, though, I don't think it will come up in an official way at all.

Yes, that is what I mean, the DA made that statement immediately after the hearing at the press conference, it was not a secret used to bargain. If Chris was unaware of this and not counseled that the DP was never going to happen, his family certainly would have told him and action(s) would have followed, seek new council etc.

There is simply no way his defense counsel would fail to discuss the issue at length with him.

No she wasn’t saying he was diagnosed with it. The host said that she and his sister were talking and starting to think he could have it. Their reasoning for his tv interviews are because he was just doing what he thought he was supposed to and act like and relating it to that.

They have gone to any lengths to not blame him for what happened.

Is this from one of the murder rap sesh podcasts? Or some other podcast? Tricia has not approved linking the murder rap sesh podcast here. We did discuss some of their recent podcasts on Tricia's show on Friday night, but we're not linking directly to their site.

There is simply no way his defense counsel would fail to discuss the issue at length with him.
There have been lots of differing opinions and disagreement, on the threads involving this case.

One thing that I think everyone has agreed on though, is that his defense has been top notch.

For them not to have made CW aware of the realities here, in no way jibes with this sentiment.

I don’t for a second, believe that he was left in the dark here.

I think it does. Most of the defense attorneys I know on cases of this nature say it's worth rolling the dice unless you get a decent plea agreement. Punishment wise he didn't have anything to lose technically.

MOO

I don't think he anything to lose either, not with the current status of the death penalty in Colorado.

Not too long ago, with this case in mind, I looked at what was going on in other states that have the death penalty. Nebraska really jumped out. It's next door to Colorado to the east. They had the death penalty, but there hadn't been an execution since 1979, so like Colorado, it wasn't carried out for many years.

In 2015, the Nebraska state legislature actually replaced the death penalty with LWOP. A petition gathered enough signatures to put it on the ballot for for 2016, and an overwhelming majority of voters determined the fate of the death penalty. They wanted it.

In August of this year, I believe on the same day CW was giving his porch interviews, a man who had been on death row for 39 years in Nebraska was executed by lethal injection.

When CW and his defense team were discussing the plea, I imagine the probability of the death penalty actually being carried out was something they also discussed. He would have been informed about the current status, in Colorado, I'm sure, but I wonder if they also brought up what just happened in Nebraska to point out there were no guarantees?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288