Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have no legal knowlege and no idea what they are doing but that’s probably not stopping them from being very impressed with themselves. They don’t know enough to know how ridiculous they look. They have repeatedly trashed Shanann, moma Watts feels a kinship with them. This case is like none other that I’ve ever seen.

Amen. It’s the most bizarre thing I have ever seen.

Has it been confirmed that they did NOT do a psych evaluation? If they had, certainly they wouldn't have felt the need to share that fact with the Whackadoo mother, but would that info be available somewhere so this dude would know for a fact one hadn't been done?

I've only seen this claim from those who purport to have heard it from the Watts family. I have no idea how they would know.

Don't answer if you think I'm being too nosey, but are ppl in general there voicing their opinions re the case? Is there a consensus?
Everyone is just horrified and shocked. I have two grandchildren Bella and CeCe's ages and another on the way so this hit my family and myself hard. No one in my circle really offers up opinions and CW is only referred to as the father who murdered his wife, unborn baby and children. We all want to know why. It's scary and unnerving to everyone that this happened in a nice neighborhood to a family that had all of the markings of being normal. There is more chatter about motive and theories on the internet and social media. I think it is too close and too sad.

If anything, this has made me a more loving and engaged Mother, Mother In Law, and Grandmother. A better neighbor. A better friend. A person more aware of the people in my life and any difficulties they may be going through.

Last edited:
To me it speaks to a level of entitlement and control issues.
A quick checklist of NPD from today's DM:

'Many of us might never have imagined we’d come across individuals who don’t feel remorse or guilt for their actions, and who will do whatever it takes to gratify the demands of their egos by securing money, attention, contacts, sex, attention and possessions – all without giving any thought for how their actions might affect others.

If you are having any doubts about whether or not you are involved with someone with NPD, these are the five key warning signs to look out for.

1. Emotional insecurity
2. Extreme sense of entitlement
3. They argue like a 5 year old
4. Pathological lying
5. Blaming you/others for their problems

Are YOU dating an narcissist? | Daily Mail Online

I believe they are deluded enough to think it would get more traction with the judge, because such knowledgeable and highly esteemed podcasters are “on the case”! Much better than, say, idk, actual legal representation? :p

Sorry, absolutely nothing about this is funny. I’m just flabbergasted.
I am sorry but I did laugh at “ highly esteemed podcasters being on the case”—no, it’s not funny, but that seems to factor into some people’s reasoning.

Has it been confirmed that they did NOT do a psych evaluation? If they had, certainly they wouldn't have felt the need to share that fact with the Whackadoo mother, but would that info be available somewhere so this dude would know for a fact one hadn't been done?

Good point. We don't really know if that is exactly how that conversation went. Nor do we know if the Defense team just answered with a blanket 'no', to shorten the conversation since they had no plan to answer anything further about it.

Yes. It's embarrassing.

I would think the Watts family could find some attorney willing to talk to them, explain the process and how they can advocate for their son, without further harming their family's reputation and without relying on gosspiy and sensationalistic podcasters for legal assistance.
I suspect Mommy Watts is quite enjoying all the attention. She was a piece of work before but can you imagine what she's going to be like now that she has proof the world will revolve around her?

What did Shanann do that turned off his mother to her??? Whatever it was it came before they even got married!? Was it Shanann's aggressiveness? I don't know either people so I can't judge, but wish I could hear from a verified member for Shanann on here.
From the outside looking in -- the answer is nothing. Shannan did nothing to cause Cindy to behave the way she did. (still does) I don't believe Shannan was aggressive at all. Shannan was a beautiful young lady who turned CW's head. Cindy wasn't equipped to handle a beautiful, normal, intelligent, independent thinking female taking her son's attention away from Mama. And Shannan was not the type to allow anyone to disrespect her , which I believe Cindy did (does). Shannan stood up for herself. I'm thinking no one in Cindys family would have the nerve to do so.

Shannan may have been assertive. She was a go- getter . I believe Cindy was jealous.

Not a VI. Just moo

Last edited:
I think back to that story about his family crying during his plea and now it all makes sense. They weren’t crying because of the girls being murdered, they were crying because they believed CW was admitting to something he didn’t do.

What’s funny is the Watts were fine with the defense paying for them to fly out last minute and stay in a hotel, but now they are criticizing them. They even said that “tie licker” attorney put them in the same hotel and floor as SW’s family and they had to move last minute. Everything is about them.

What did Shanann do that turned off his mother to her??? Whatever it was it came before they even got married!? Was it Shanann's aggressiveness? I don't know either people so I can't judge, but wish I could hear from a verified member for Shanann on here.

Not one single darn thing IMO. Determination, confidence, outgoing personality, exuberance... none of those equal aggressiveness or anything negative.

CW's mother (and I'm guessing his sister too) are unable to see women as anything other than domineering, controlling, aggressive, difficult competition. Just like themselves. As my own beloved mom would have said, "The world is your mirror, Mama Watts."

Me too. I was only blessed with girls so I’m speaking from a place of ignorance but I’ve always felt it was a result of a poor relationship with the father/husband. They’re getting their emotional needs met through the male child and the father/husband is stuck in a mindset of jealousy and apathy (because at least HE doesn’t have to do it) which probably also compounds any problems in the son (child). I wouldn’t be surprised if this is already “proven” to contribute to personality disorders, I’m just not aware of it...

Wow, this is really insightful and I never thought of it this way. I can completely see this and it opened my eyes to another layer. My MIL had a very volatile love/hate relationship with my FIL and would alternately praise and demolish him depending on the day. Her golden boy firstborn son was the only male figure she could emotionally control to behave and think in the "right way" in her mind, in the process. Hmmm. Something to think about. Thank you for this!

Catching up tonight. I seemed to have seen something mentioned about a letter CW wrote, claiming if anything happened to him to look at SW? I don't know if this has been mentioned but my first thought was he was setting the stage. It happened on the 6 week trip?

this is concerning:

Did Prosecutors Screw Up the Chris Watts Case? | Law & Crime

Did Prosecutors Screw Up the Chris Watts Case by Leaving Him Room to Wiggle Out of Guilty Plea?

• MATT NAHAM NOV 14, 2018 1:38 PM

“What I do find to be unusual in this case … is that I would have required a proffer session with the defendant, where he would have sat down in order to be spared the death penalty,” Bianchi said. “He would have spilled the beans on everything, from A to Z, we would have known what the motive is, which we don’t know right now, and he would have clearly allocuted in court, got up and said this is why I did it.”

“The only way he’s going to get out of this is … a belated assertion of innocence is not a basis to withdraw a plea,” Bianchi continued. “However, his lawyers didn’t do any psychiatric examinations and the mother points this out. And that could a be huge deal here.”

“Maybe he did go into a rage. Maybe there’s an insanity defense or a diminished capacity defense. That takes it out of murder and makes it a non-death penalty case,” he added. “[T]hat would be the only sliver of a basis that he could withdraw this plea.”
Prosecution does not need to prove motive here, and I believe DA answered this question in his presser when he stated that they had no confidence that CW would/could tell the truth if he allocuted. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288