Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible for lay people to obtain a copy of the autopsy report?

The ladies of MRS have announced as soon as they receive their copy, they are going to read it live.

Yes, they submitted a CORA request for it. Anyone can do that.

And understand none of it.

They stated that maybe they'd have "someone that works in a coroners office" on the periscope when they "go page by page" through the report as soon as they get it. This is NOT a crime drama. These are peoples real loved ones who are dead. I, too, will read it when it becomes available, but not with glee and certainly not live to have some sort of perceived status from having it. It's just gets grosser.

Will the court session on Monday be streamed? If so, what channel, what time?

I can’t imagine what his mother is going to suffer on Monday. My guess is she will have to be removed from the courtroom due to the loud sobbing and crying.

Monday will be the hardest day of her life. It would be for any mother who hasn’t seen or talked with their adult child since the heinous murders.

I believe the court order allowing expanded media coverage says the hearing will begin at 10 am. That would be Mountain Standard Time.

Yes, they submitted a CORA request for it. Anyone can do that.

They stated that maybe they'd have "someone that works in a coroners office" on the periscope when they "go page by page" through the report as soon as they get it. This is NOT a crime drama. These are peoples real loved ones who are dead. I, too, will read it when it becomes available, but not with glee and certainly not live to have some sort of perceived status from having it. It's just gets grosser.

Ewwww. I almost feel like crying at the fact that these people are sensationalizing the gruesome details of 4 people's deaths. It's so macabre. I understand wanting to read it - I'm sure I will as well at some point (not sure if I'll be able to read the girls') but to broadcast it word by word.... Yuck.
They already believe the DA and coroner are corrupt, so I would not be surprised if they pick apart the reports word by word and scream fraud, if it doesn't fit their version of events.

Im sure most will not agree with me but I feel bad for his Mom too. I have a son same age as Chris. We are very close and I don’t have NPD. Im sure I would be in denial If my son did this as I would want to talk to him as well, get answers and not be shut out left in the dark. Maybe Chris doesn’t want her to visit and hasn’t been told. I’m sure she’s grieving the loss of her Son and what mom wants to believe her son wiped out an entire family? She sounds very desperate and looking for answers from her son. I think many of you who are not walking in her shoes are being quite judgmental. Of course she’s going to blame SW who wants to think the son you love could do this without reason.
IMO even though she doesn't want to believe it, she should not be victim blaming. Have they stopped to think about Shannan's family and how their demeaning of their dead daughter is affecting them? His parents are in complete denial. Cindy reminds me very much of Scott Peterson's mother.

Has CW’s lawyers specifically told his parents the reason they cannot see him is at Chris’s request?

My guess is the lawyers have told them directly why they have not been able to see Chris. So all this whining Cindy is doing about not seeing him, she is ignoring what the lawyers have told her? Another doubting and denial belief.

Mrs. Watts had this to say about contact with CW’s attorneys:

And she doesn’t understand why her son’s attorneys wanted to block her and her husband from having contact with her son – something they said was necessary, she told 9NEWS, because of fears that anything he said about the crime could be used against him.”

Apparently, she doesn’t understand what that means. She wants to talk to her son about the crime.
Chris Watts' parents question plea deal in murder of wife, daughters

Last edited:
Im sure most will not agree with me but I feel bad for his Mom too. I have a son same age as Chris. We are very close and I don’t have NPD. Im sure I would be in denial If my son did this as I would want to talk to him as well, get answers and not be shut out left in the dark. Maybe Chris doesn’t want her to visit and hasn’t been told. I’m sure she’s grieving the loss of her Son and what mom wants to believe her son wiped out an entire family? She sounds very desperate and looking for answers from her son. I think many of you who are not walking in her shoes are being quite judgmental. Of course she’s going to blame SW who wants to think the son you love could do this without reason.

I very much understand not wanting to believe that your child has done this. However, it appears that he has done exactly what Cindy Watts wants to think he has not. There is no shadow of doubt on his guilt no matter how much she prefers to point her finger at her daughter in law who is now deceased. She is dead because of her son. HE HAS CONFESSED TO THIS. The last thing her family needs to listen to is that this was not his (Chris Watts) fault.

If he doesn’t want to talk to her, that is between them. It is not the fault of Law Enforcement, or him being coerced into a false confession.

The fact that she continues to cast aspersions on her daughter in law in order to bolster her son’s position is the big problem here. She not only appears to be insensitive, she also appears delusional (this goes for her husband as well).

It is understandable to want to protect your children. However, when you’re throwing their victims under the bus to do it, all bets are off. There is something to be said for knowing when to say one’s piece, and when to hold one’s own council.

A pregnant woman was senselessly murdered and her 2 children were also taken down in an act of selfish betrayal that involved 2 families and several loved ones. It may be terribly painful for any parent to accept that their child was the perpetrator of such an atrocious act, but basking in denial doesn’t afford compassion, much less justice to ANYONE.

Last edited:
every sentence in this post is sympathetic to chris and his mother.
blaming the murdered for their own demise is disgusting, her behaviour is abhorrent and so is this enabling post.

jmo

And she doesn’t understand why her son’s attorneys wanted to block her and her husband from having contact with her son – something they said was necessary, she told 9NEWS, because of fears that anything he said about the crime could be used against him.”

Apparently, she doesn’t understand what that means. She wants to talk to her son about the crime.

She clearly doesn't know the difference between her little boy talking out of turn in elementary school and needing to talk to the principal for him, and a 33 year old man facing a quadruple felony murder case.

@gitana1 Hi Gitana1, I’ve got another question, if you’ll be so kind. Is there a way around having your conversation recorded while visiting an accused prisoner in jail? Like bringing in a tablet and a pencil when you visit, and don’t talk, but write out your conversation, then take the pages with you when you leave and immediately destroy them? Or would the guards confiscate them as you exit the room? Or would they even let you bring a tablet and pencil in the room?

Re: the bolded line

Which confirms (along with every motion CW's attorneys have filed), that they have and are zealously defending their client. imo

I’m sure she’s grieving the loss of her Son and what mom wants to believe her son wiped out an entire family? She sounds very desperate and looking for answers from her son. I think many of you who are not walking in her shoes are being quite judgmental. Of course she’s going to blame SW who wants to think the son you love could do this without reason.

With respect it was not "an" entire family, it was his own entire family. This was not some DUI incident where he made an error in judgement.
He took the bodies of his dead children, drove a long distance, during which he had plenty of time to think or change his mind, and dump them in oil tanks, with a view to them staying there forever. He then calmly gave interviews to anybody who asked.
There are no reasons for that.

If she can just hold on until Monday afternoon, she will have about - umm , 3 life sentences to discuss it with him.

I, too, feel uncomfortable with totally condemning these parents. We have not walked in their shoes, we don't know how maybe they have been treated by their own community for the actions of their son. They certainly are behaving without grace and consideration of Shannan's family, but I think this is because they are defensive and desperate, clutching at any straw that could mitigate their son's behaviour. And we know that media can be unscrupulous in editing and selecting questions to present interviewees in an unsympathetic light. They would have been better advised to issue a more considered statement that had sympathy for the victims and Shannan's family as the overriding sentiment.

Again this desperation is down to the actions of CW who cannot bear to face them.
I doubt they have probably heard or understand about the concept of victim-blaming and they seem to have limited intellectual capacity. Maybe in time with more knowledge and as the evidence emerges they will be able to see what they are doing is wrong and making the situation worse.

With respect it was not "an" entire family, it was his own entire family. This was not some DUI incident where he made an error in judgement.
He took the bodies of his dead children, drove a long distance, during which he had plenty of time to think or change his mind, and dump them in oil tanks, with a view to them staying there forever. He then calmly gave interviews to anybody who asked.
There are no reasons for that.
Exactly! This guy has admitted to all of that, and like it or not, accept it or not, it was his decision.

If his family wants to believe in some delusional, conspiratorial nonsense, then fine.

But the moment they opened their mouths to trash a murder victim, they opened themselves up to criticism.

We the public, are free to call them on that, and blast them for it.

I felt very badly for CW's family, especially his mother. At first. Then the public interviews and victim bashing started. Now I don't feel so badly for them. I agree
that no mother wants to believe the child she has loved and raised could do something so horrific. I, too, would be devastated if my child chose not to speak with me and explain his actions. I don't need to walk in her shoes to know this. But that doesn't mean I would need to blame the victims (or anyone else) because of my desperation. This would be unwarranted and insensitive to the victims and their families.

IMO, there is a reason she isn't getting the explanation she so desperately wants from her son. Sometimes there is simply no good answer one can give to their mother to justify annihilating their entire family. I hope that one day she will get the information she so desperately wants. In private. I hope she can come to terms with it. And, as a mother, I hope she believes he should suffer the consequences of his actions.

There is nothing judgemental or insensitive intended by me in believing this. Only anger and sadness that so many lives have been destroyed. For no good reason.

These podcast people are just trying to ramp up another "Making a Murderer" following. They probably don't even believe what they themselves are saying and doing. They just want to be famous and hopefully get a Netflix show. Delusional!

I felt very badly for CW's family, especially his mother. At first. Then the public interviews and victim bashing started. Now I don't feel so badly for them. I agree
that no mother wants to believe the child she has loved and raised could do something so horrific. I, too, would be devastated if my child chose not to speak with me and explain his actions. I don't need to walk in her shoes to know this. But that doesn't mean I would need to blame the victims (or anyone else) because of my desperation. This would be unwarranted and insensitive to the victims and their families.

IMO, there is a reason she isn't getting the explanation she so desperately wants from her son. Sometimes there is simply no good answer one can give to their mother to justify annihilating their entire family. I hope that one day she will get the information she so desperately wants. In private. I hope she can come to terms with it. And, as a mother, I hope she believes he should suffer the consequences of his actions.

There is nothing judgemental or insensitive intended by me in believing this. Only anger and sadness that so many lives have been destroyed. For no good reason.
Very well said, and I almost totally agree.

Except, for the “nothing judgmental part.”

I’m being judgmental as hell, and I make no apologies to these vicious people.

These podcast people are just trying to ramp up another "Making a Murderer" following. They probably don't even believe what they themselves are saying and doing. They just want to be famous and hopefully get a Netflix show. Delusional!
I’ve been blocked by them on Twitter. I said some things...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member