Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #51

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by ColoGirl, Aug 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SweetPeas56

SweetPeas56 Well-Known Member

agree 100% I had nothing but sympathy for them. UNTIL. They started bashing the victim. While barely mentioning the grandbabies. CW's mom has behaved disgracefully.

Edited because I hit enter before I meant to.

2. SaguaroSpirit

SaguaroSpirit Happy Halloween

I was really really REALLY hoping the victim bashing was done because it turns my stomach and breaks my heart.

3. dixiegirl1035

dixiegirl1035 Well-Known Member

4. dixiegirl1035

Bwahahaha. Ditto

MKZoo, esayer, idfinch and 7 others like this.
  5. MCDRAW

MCDRAW Well-Known Member

I agree. Listening to her talk, I don't think this is a family that knows anything about the criminal justice system. What she is complaining about is what happens with all inmates and their families. I think she THINKS they are keeping him away like Shanann did, when in reality, Chris could have called her at any time.

Sjm_qc, Gardener1850, Alcina and 25 others like this.
  6. UKslueth2018

UKslueth2018 Well-Known Member

That's what I am struggling with... I know it's her son but where is her love for the grandkids and unborn child... Get you don't always like who your son loves but the kids are part of him too.. Seems so disconnected from that fact...

7. RosalindaA

RosalindaA Well-Known Member

Tippy, I hope you continue to post and everyone else who may happen to hold varying viewpoints. Any discussion is poorer if this doesn't happen. Sadly some posters have disappeared from this thread. I may not agree with certain statements or ideas but I respect people's right to state them.

I agree with the observation that many parents of murderers show a level of denial and failure to grapple with the facts. I wonder if that is because they are often speaking fairly soon after the fact and perhaps over a longer period of time they may become more rational.

It has long been the fact that mothers have been blamed for the violence of their sons. Too strict, too permissive. Obviously there is evidence to show that childhood influences a person's character. But underneath it also is a strain of misogyny, blaming mothers for their sons murdering their wives negates putting responsibility where it lies, in this case solely with Christopher Watts.

8. Not a Belle

Not a Belle Well-Known Member

I am ready for Monday's hearing to be over, and for sentencing to be complete--this is taking up so much space in my brain I'm even dreaming about it. Last night I had a dream that I was supposed to help CW get his prison uniforms. He got an orange one for everyday wear, and a white one "for special occasions." I could never get an answer from the guards about what kinds of special occasions he'd be attending spending the rest of his life in prison. :D

9. dixiegirl1035

*Sends the mom the book " He's Just Not That Into You"*

10. SouthernSleuther

SouthernSleuther Well-Known Member

Oh yes, there was much discussion of it on the Cooper Harris threads including lots of shock and awe like we are seeing here. I don’t want to derail this thread with discussion of it, but I am including a link to a CNN article about it in case you want to check it out. The article also has a link to the actual form she completed.
    https://www-m.cnn.com/2014/08/08/us/leanna-harris-victim-statement/index.html

11. Mitch11

Mitch11 Well-Known Member

Very well said!

12. molly1255

molly1255 Well-Known Member

I'd love to know the history, long before Shanann ever got suckered into their collective lives.

13. MCDRAW

MCDRAW Well-Known Member

I think they asked them not to, because they read letters and tape phone calls. I think they asked them, to do that to protect Chris. They obviously, agreed because they didn't write. He has to call them, they can't call him. That's true of every inmate not just Chris.

14. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

I agree. And they don't have a right to have an attorney speak for them and no attorney is able to do so.

I think perhaps the judge is simply considering them victims due to their status as grandparents regardless as to whether they are within the definition per the Act. I can't fault the judge for that. I just hope they don't use the opportunity to derail the proceedings or further bash the victim.

Sjm_qc, Gardener1850, Alcina and 24 others like this.
  15. Layla123

Layla123 Well-Known Member

16. liltexans

liltexans Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Yes, grandparents are typically considered immediate family.

17. BeanieBod

BeanieBod Well-Known Member

Love this comparison. Hit the mark.

18. margarita25

margarita25 Everything is JMO

If you say so, Tippy. I think people must come to their own conclusions through their own evaluations and in their own time.

One does not have to agree with everyone all the time. I’m in the minority in a couple other threads as to my feelings at this time re: the cases and that’s okay. As long as one is not victim bashing I’m all about hearing different viewpoints. It all ultimately leads to further discussion, thought and examination and that’s what this place is for. Everything is a learning experience anyway. If you’re on the fence, you’re on the fence.

Ps: Don’t feel bad, I thought OJ was innocent for a long time ( :embarrassed: )

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
  19. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

Yes! But his apologists will try to come up with anything they can.

20. k-mac

k-mac Well-Known Member

wow the irony here isn't lost on me.

how can they present as such if they are in public denial of his guilt?

and as grandparents who haven't acknowledged a grandson that well..Christopher didn't want anyway so.....

any excuse to have air time.
    despicable imo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.