Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #51

Status
Not open for further replies.
SW's parents absolutely were heard! The Prosecutor traveled to NC and spoke to SW's parents about the plea agreement.
There is a difference. He had already confessed to killing SW and one baby. There has never been one shred of EVIDENCE that Shanann was a killer. That was a lie that came straight from the killer's mouth. I know the DA does consult with victims families about cases but I have never heard them consult with the killer's families.

We'll agree to disagree. I'm pretty sure the Judge concluded the grandparents are victims because their grandchildren were murdered. JMO
Yes they are victims. But not remotely on the level as Shanann, Cece , Bella, Nico, and SW’s family. (For that matter- MOO- NUA, SW’s team, the State of Colorado, the recovery team, the detectives, Anadarko all rank higher at victimhood than Mrs. Watts - because they have all displayed tremendous pain and suffering for the murdered victims. And because they actually loved and cared about them. All Cindy cares about is herself- and CW.)

Cindy made it abundantly clear that Nico wasn’t wanted. Who the **** says something like that? Who does an interview and doesn’t even mention the grandchildren by their names? Not a tear shed.

MOO, she is mommy dearest- on steroids.

Eta- added extra comment italics

Last edited:
So was it completely ridiculous that they filed for this? When does anyone get to be a party to the case who isn't accused of the crime? This isn't a civil litigation, so I am confused when someone actually plausibly qualifies to join the case like this - under what circumstances and how out of norm was it for them to try? Thank you in advance!

I don't know. In family law pension plans can "join" the case, and so can people like grandparents or stepparents if they are asserting visitation rights - at least in CA. I;m not sure what circumstances allow a person who is not a defendant to join a case.

Victim's Rights Advocates might speak sometimes for the victims, I think. Otherwise, they speak for themselves. If they have lawyers, it;s to help navigate through the process, but not represent them in court, unless maybe it is a restitution issue?

rsbm

It has long been the fact that mothers have been blamed for the violence of their sons. Too strict, too permissive. Obviously there is evidence to show that childhood influences a person's character. But underneath it also is a strain of misogyny, blaming mothers for their sons murdering their wives negates putting responsibility where it lies, in this case solely with Christopher Watts.
This case is more than the murder of a wife, it is an entire family, and thus your comment about mothers and sons - in this case - seems to me to overlook the research that has been done and brought here for discussion on the families of origin of the family annihilator.

IMO

Oh my gitana! I don’t think my reply was even supposed to be in response to your post! I’m sorry! I’m always so behind I can’t even find it now. I feel exactly the same as most everyone about the MRS people! I’ll try to be more observant when I reply - most of the time I don’t since I’m usually many hours and sometimes days behind the current discussions.

Oh that's okay!!! I wasn't mad!!!

Tippy, I hope you continue to post and everyone else who may happen to hold varying viewpoints. Any discussion is poorer if this doesn't happen. Sadly some posters have disappeared from this thread. I may not agree with certain statements or ideas but I respect people's right to state them.

I agree with the observation that many parents of murderers show a level of denial and failure to grapple with the facts. I wonder if that is because they are often speaking fairly soon after the fact and perhaps over a longer period of time they may become more rational.

It has long been the fact that mothers have been blamed for the violence of their sons. Too strict, too permissive. Obviously there is evidence to show that childhood influences a person's character. But underneath it also is a strain of misogyny, blaming mothers for their sons murdering their wives negates putting responsibility where it lies, in this case solely with Christopher Watts.

IMO you are so right. It's true, research shows mothers get blamed for most aspects of a child's failure. And I agree it really does show misogyny in action. I too was part of this by making my opinion known about his mother. After what you have just written I am questioning this. I do still stand by my comments that something isn't right between CW and his mother. Unfortunately because she is the one I've seen in the media segments (rather than her husband) i've watched, it is her that I'm analyzing. And I've felt upset that she was disparaging SW. It's a shame we do not know much about his Dad, unless I just haven't seen it.

You do raise excellent points which have me thinking!

Wow to the AP interview.. I think like others she probably saw cindy and also felt like this is good timing pre-sentencing..

The fact he mentioned apartments and he actually called her about being divorced points squarely to premeditation imo.. This may have even accelerated the timeline.. I do think he had decided this while she was away, I just haven't figured out if the girls were always part of his plan or if that happened in the moment ( for want of other words that's awful to type)

I listened to that awful podcast and can't believe what they are saying about the thayers.. I do think they need to be shut down!

See the dropdown menu and choose Report Your Concern

Feedback - Podcasts - Apple

I am suddenly reminded of Leanna Harris, whose husband was convicted of the premeditated hot car death of their son Cooper. She was asked to complete a victims impact form, which of course was supposed to be about how the crime had affected her as mother of the victim. Instead, she filled it out from the point of view of husband Ross as a victim.
She was odd to say the least.

If you say so, Tippy. I think people must conclusions through their own evaluations and in their own time.

One does not have to agree with everyone all the time. I’m in the minority in a couple ther threads as to my feelings at this time re the cases and that’s okay. As long as one is not victim bashing I’m all about hearing different viewpoints. It all ultimately leads to further thought and examination and that’s what this place is for. Everything is a learning experience.

Ps: don’t feel bad, I thought OJ was innocent for a long time ( :embarrassed: )

Here’s the thing, I’m not sitting on the fence, I was prior to his confession. It doesn’t matter though my posts are still looked at as if I’m on the fence. I think it’s weird.
jmo

I don't know. In family law pension plans can "join" the case, and so can people like grandparents or stepparents if they are asserting visitation rights - at least in CA. I;m not sure what circumstances allow a person who is not a defendant to join a case.

Victim's Rights Advocates might speak sometimes for the victims, I think. Otherwise, they speak for themselves. If they have lawyers, it;s to help navigate through the process, but not represent them in court, unless maybe it is a restitution issue?
I am terrified that K. Almond, Cindy Watts’ friend from Murder rap sesh, is going to show up in that courtroom and attack Shanann Watts on their behalf.

@gitana1 Do you know what “Entry of Appearance” means? Reading the witness statement document it says that the court “does not authorize acceptance of the entry of appearance.” Does this mean someone speaking on behalf of Cindy and Ronnie?
https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/19th_Judicial_District/ORDER CONCERNING VICTIM RIGHTS FOR PATERNAL GRANDPARENTS C-26.pdf

They are trying to "appear" in the action and become a party to it, IMO, by having their attorney officially appear in the action as their legal representative. People appear in an action and thus subject themselves to the "jurisdiction" of the court by doing things like filing an answer to a complaint or filing a response to a divorce petition, or showing up at a hearing, except under certain circumstances.

Attorneys enter their appearance and thus become attorneys of record for a certain party, by filing initial paperwork for the party, filing a substitution of attorney or other notice, or showing up in court at a hearing and stating on the record that they are representing the party.

But the victims aren't parties to a criminal case. They have a different status. So they can't have attorneys "appear" on their behalf.

I can honestly say that if I had a son who did this, I would not want to speak. However, I guess that they really want to believe that Shannon killed her girls, and he lost it and killed her. Sigh.

With the plea deal only just occurring, and the sentencing so close to the plea, this is the time period where these requests are made.

If they were going to speak, this is the time they would file that request.

I always thought they’d speak at sentencing, regardless of whether or not they had input about the plea in the first place.

Wow to the AP interview.. I think like others she probably saw cindy and also felt like this is good timing pre-sentencing..

The fact he mentioned apartments and he actually called her about being divorced points squarely to premeditation imo.. This may have even accelerated the timeline.. I do think he had decided this while she was away, I just haven't figured out if the girls were always part of his plan or if that happened in the moment ( for want of other words that's awful to type)

I listened to that awful podcast and can't believe what they are saying about the thayers.. I do think they need to be shut down!
I can't make myself listen to the podcast.What are they saying about the Thayers? I think Mr. Thayer will have lots to say after the sentencing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998