Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #53

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprisingly not too bad. We got here early—I heard the line at the metal detector is really long. It looks like they may have quit lettimg people upstairs (courtroom level) for now.
So you are in the courtroom and seated? Our hearts are with you today! I don't even know what to say other than that. I'm glad you finally get to see a small measure of justice.

Last edited:
Watch live: Sentencing hearing for Chris Watts for murder of Shanann Watts, daughters
We will be livestreaming Watts' sentencing hearing in coordination with our partners at 9NEWS beginning just before 10 a.m.

You can watch that livestream below or on the Coloradoan's Facebook page. The hearing is scheduled to run from 10 a.m. to noon.

In addition, Weld County District Attorney Michael Rourke is expected to hold a press conference at 1 p.m. Monday. We will also stream that live here and on Facebook.

Uh oh. So, you may have to sit in the overflow room? Dang it!

Meghan Lopez on Twitter
There’s a line already forming outside the courtroom for the sentencing for Chris Watts. There’s lots of media here and a few family friends. @DenverChannel

DsYGUNZV4AYL1A0.jpg

10:45 AM - 19 Nov 2018
Nope. We’ll be in the main courtroom. Pretty close to the front of the line.

I’m working today so I’m counting on updates! I set HLN to record so I can watch it tomorrow or Wednesday. (My son is having surgery on his ankle tomorrow)

Any updates appreciated! Also updates on the DA interview at 1pm!
I have the day off and am online so I'll update! I usually start one comment then update the same one so I don't power post. I'll tag you when I start it :) I'm watching HLN.

Oh no I just had a thought, will HLN break for commercials? I/we better have our back up live streams handy for those watching on TV!
Busting out a second device.

Alright high tech here. Have HLN with the big screen recording, this device to post, and a second device for live streams.

ETA / bumping @PommyMommy ‘s list of streams

Bringing this forward via our fabulous @PommyMommy

-Note that this is post number 527 for anyone scrambling at 9:59 looking for links.

Chris Watts Sentencing Hearing

Monday, November 19, 2018 - 2 hours
10 am MST * 12 pm EST * 11 am CST * 9 am PST * 5 pm UK

News Conference
Weld County District Attorney
1 pm MST * 3 pm EST * 2 pm CST * 12 pm PST * 8 pm UK

LIVESTREAM LINKS
The Coloradoan Facebook: (9 am) The Coloradoan

The Denver Channel: Denver, Colorado Live Video Stream | thedenverchannel.com

Denver7 Facebook: Denver7

Denver7 Twitter: Denver7 News (@DenverChannel) | Twitter

Law & Crime Network: Law & Crime Network

TELEVISION
HLN Cable News Channel, 10 am MST – 3 hours

TV STREAMING (Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, etc.)
How to watch Denver7 on a streaming device like Roku, Apple TV or Amazon Fire TV

Last edited:
The Associated Press is in the house. :cool:

Katie Foody on Twitter
Sentencing hearing for #ChrisWatts, Colorado man who pleaded guilty in family killings set for 10 am (from @AP)

~40 people including national media have lined up for a courtroom seat this morning. Court staff have prepared an overflow room with video stream for those who can’t get in. #ChrisWatts

No updates from the courtroom but @AP’s Denver staff will keep updating our story this morning as the sentencing hearing for Watts gets underway.

Story:
Sentencing set for man after guilty plea in family killings
Watts will have an opportunity to make a statement during the hearing Monday in Weld County, but it’s not clear if he will speak. Watts is represented by the Office of the Colorado State Public Defender, which does not comment on pending cases.

Prosecutors have said Shanann Watts’ family members may decide to speak during the sentencing hearing.

Judge Marcelo Kopcow also ruled Thursday that Christopher Watts’ parents are considered victims of the crime because they are the girls’ grandparents. Victims are allowed to give a statement or provide written comments during sentencing hearings in Colorado.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member