Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #55

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by ColoGirl, Aug 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tortoise

Tortoise Well-Known Member

He made the observation before looking internally. Sorry I don't know what ops she had apart from one on her neck and I don't know what date that was.

Amonet and PommyMommy like this.

2. Best of What's Around

Best of What's Around Well-Known Member

Personally, I do not think the children were gone until after SW. Most mothers I know want to check on their small children when they get home from a trip, even if they are sleeping. I think he killed all three in succession...with his worry about SW fighting back being his biggest hurdle. I think it is very possible the heartless prick wore gloves and long sleeves for all.

Amonet, LeeAnnB, cailleach and 6 others like this.
  3. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Oh, I see. Hard to say if we don't know what type of surgery it was. Maybe she did not have a large incision. Or it had healed completely. Jmo

4. Best of What's Around

I think wooing someone (along with lying in general) was far closer to being in his wheelhouse than any kind of criminal masterminding...which we assume he never had to think of before this.

Amonet, x_files, PommyMommy and 2 others like this.
  5. Lore Listener

Lore Listener So many crimes, so little time

Well, my scar is a perfectly straight line down the very middle of the back of my neck with dots on each side from the sutures. So it definitely looks like an operation. That said, spinal fusions (or whatever Shanann had) may have improved between 2004 and whenever she had hers, or maybe it wasn't obvious on her skin due to dirt or decomp? I didn't realize that notation was made externally until you just explained that, which is why I said the thing about the metal. However, I guess I'm surprised the examiner didn't notice a major scar like that.

6. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I agree with what I think you are trying to say. He definitely appeared broken. That's the word that kept coming to my mind when I observed him. I think he has been holding everything inside his whole life, and I agree that he is one messed up individual. I hope he agrees to evaluations and interviews so that his entire background can be analzed. I'm sure there will be many who would want to do so. Imo

Amonet, La Louve, Mo Thuairim and 8 others like this.
  7. dixiegirl1035

dixiegirl1035 Well-Known Member

it sounds like they are going to do more at the end of this. What Facebook did you get this from so that I can go look at it? Thanks in advance.

angelainwi and PommyMommy like this.
  8. Jennifer17

Jennifer17 Former Member

I would say that they did not notice the surgical scar on her neck because of decomposition and then found the hardware.

RachB65, Amonet, angelainwi and 22 others like this.
  9. Tortoise

All this while I've been thinking one of the dumbest things he did was taking the bodies to his place of work, because that would always point to him being the killer. But I just realized it probably wasn't such stupid thinking after all, because if they never found the bodies as he intended, it would just look like he left home and went to work as in any other normal work day. It would be more suspicious to investigators if he went somewhere he never ever went to on the day they disappeared.

ETA That's why he obviously wasn't worried about the GPS tracking on his truck.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2018
    Traymar, RachB65, Amonet and 17 others like this.
  10. Best of What's Around

I do not understand the relevance to the murders?

RachB65, Amonet, Ellamental and 6 others like this.
  11. Tippy Lynn

Tippy Lynn Well-Known Member

Agh.......I agree it’s so devastating.

Mitch11 and Lore Listener like this.
  12. Loveallmyhorsesdogsandcats

Loveallmyhorsesdogsandcats Well-Known Member

I was just going to make the same comment.

zea mays, molly1255 and MassGuy like this.
  13. Lore Listener

Lore Listener So many crimes, so little time

YES! This bothers me the most too. I just can't get my head around it. And how they keep using their "victim" status as grandparents of the murdered children/fetus to speak etc., and then behave as if their victimhood derives from being the perpetrator's parents. Seriously upsetting. You articulated what I think many, many of us are feeling.

Traymar, NoClouseau, RachB65 and 20 others like this.
  14. Tortoise

Could it have even been keyhole surgery? Just a possibility, I don't know anything about her operations.

Lore Listener likes this.
  15. BrownRice

BrownRice Well-Known Member

I have the same unsettled, sad feeling I had after the Coleman trial. His sons were much older than the Watts girls and I assume took a little more time and effort to murder...

Both men had it made. Wives who both knew there were relationship issues, but tried to save the family. Wives who really loved their spouses and were regarded as being phenomenal moms.

I’ve never forgotten Sheri, Gavin, and Garett Coleman. I’ve been haunted at the thought of Chris strangling them. The horror of Shannan, Bella, and Celeste will haunt me as well. In addition to the baby who died in Shanann’s belly and was born in dirt. How can one forget these.

However, I am reluctant to say these are the worst cases I’ve ever read about. One trip over to the “Crimes spotlight on children” forum is enough to make me continually wonder how we as humans can be so evil.

16. Best of What's Around

I don't know anyone though that wouldn't be broken by the prospect of spending the rest of their natural lives in prison, to be known as a wife/baby killer to boot. Also, I cannot imagine the strain of being in a court room with a tv camera knowing most of the world despises you after you have been exposed. I do not believe any of his appearance meant true remorse/guilt/etc. If there is regret, it is linked to being caught. IMO

Alcina, Mo Thuairim, cwalk74 and 26 others like this.
  17. Ljc4

Ljc4 Active Member

I'm glad you understood what I meant. I had a hard time putting it into words. I just keep thinking than shanann seemed like such a smart and mature woman and I find it hard to believe that they would have married that long if he had never shown any kind of genuine love. Her brother even stated that he thought of CW as a brother and that he was one of the most loved people in their family (paraphrasing) something obviously went wrong at some point. I totally agree about him holding everything in. Many have implied that he feels nothing, however I think he does feel but doesnt process them like normal people. I pray someone qualified does evaluate him and uses this awful tragedy to help others.

Jinkasaurus, Amonet, vela341 and 7 others like this.
  18. Mitch11

Mitch11 Well-Known Member

Couldn't have said it better myself!

Thepoet, kimpage, scdiv and 3 others like this.
  19. SouthernSleuther

SouthernSleuther Well-Known Member

I’ve thought this from the beginning. He really believed they wouldn’t look at him as a suspect and all would appear normal. He really didn’t think he’d be under enough scrutiny to check his background activities. He also thought he’d have more time to stage. Thank God for NUA.

Croyante, Traymar, Amonet and 19 others like this.
  20. SouthernSleuther

SouthernSleuther Well-Known Member

The lack of mention of Nico. It just boggles the mind.

Croyante, La Louve, Alcina and 14 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.