GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #58

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by ColoGirl, Aug 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnny1181

Johnny1181 Former Member

Honestly I don't know how Shanann managed tolerating that family dynamic. I mean, most people would not be willing to.
    They didn't attend her wedding, undermined her parenting, and wow, we know exactly what they thought of her through the tv interviews and her father in law's opinion given to the police.... yet she still tried to give access to the girls and subjected herself to them.
    Way stronger than I could've been. She must have really loved him and valued her marriage and family. It's just very sad. jmo

AvaGrace, Babbakins, Traymar and 51 others like this.

2. Delevanjo

Delevanjo Well-Known Member

Trying to catch up with all the threads and the 2000 pages... Is anyone else intrigued by the (unborn) baby's name, Nico Lee? I mean...really is it that far a stretch? It is complete speculation on my part but --- Nicole?? My speculation/conjecture being: SW knew about Nicole. I'm piecing this together with SW comments that CW was "playing" and "living the single life" (or was it "bachelor life"...I may need to revisit the exact quote). The point is...I wonder if SW gave CW "space" to play? She loved him enough to give him the space to figure it out...or did she find out about Nicole (SW was a keen woman and I believe truly loved CW from what I'm reading in these 2000pages). In any event, long, long time reader (missy bevers) and enjoy reading your posts here when I can.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
  3. Bravo

Bravo Well-Known Member

Agree. He lived in the burbs, nice home, lovely wife and kids. Presented well. Until you peel back a layer. Typical Sociopath.

AvaGrace, Traymar, BeanieBod and 30 others like this.
  4. mickey2942

mickey2942 Well-Known Member

That is an interesting idea. Especially as both are still alive. It would be fantastic if they would consent for a research project. I doubt that would happen. And it would not be a "Mother Bashing" project, but more about the dynamics, personality.

Much has been discussed about serial killers/serial rapists, and their relationship with their Mother, one comes to mind, Ed Kemper, who was quite a nice guy, intelligent, but was treated like a monster by his Mother. The FBI profiler who wrote about Ed Kemper surmised that Ed would have never become a serial killer, if he had been brought up in another environment.

5. bonjoviblonde

bonjoviblonde Well-Known Member

I think CW did it and sent the pic to her saying one of the kids did it and SW took it as funny that her kids would do that and so she posted it. Kids do funny things. Now I think he sent it as a "warning" if only in his own mind. Like he was taunting Shanann and she didn't even know. As someone else said, it seems he had a sneaky mean streak.

AvaGrace, Babbakins, Traymar and 29 others like this.
  6. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

Yeah. I think that if she didn’t have kids, she would have avoided them like the plague.

She did it for them, and perhaps CW to an extent.

I couldn’t deal with that either.

Traymar, SureBet, La Louve and 27 others like this.
  7. Tuliptiptoe

Tuliptiptoe Well-Known Member

Maybe he married SW just piss his mom off because she hated her so much. A big middle finger.

Moo

8. x_files

x_files Well-Known Member

Exactly although Cindy did not kill anyone, but did she goad him into it? I wonder if she ever suggested if it would be better if they just disappeared or went away?
    The dehumanizing, constant, drama and fighting is stressful, and he had to grow up in that environment which is not healthy.
    If he is a sociopath and empathy is difficult for him he needed someone to help develop empathy not dehumanize others.
    A perfect storm was created.

9. Thepoet

Thepoet Well-Known Member

Hi bonjoviblond! I've said many times; Shanann was a fighter and a survivor. I believe she would have tried as hard as she could, keeping her children first, and then ended it and begun rebuilding.

One way, or another, CW would have screwed things up and self destructed!

10. Loveallmyhorsesdogsandcats

Loveallmyhorsesdogsandcats Well-Known Member

I agree and have stated before how gracious of her it was to continue to let them in. My MIL was nasty to me, about 10 years into the marriage I told my husband I was done, I would not go visit her ( she lives 6 hours away) and she was not welcome in our home. I told him you can take the kids to visit anytime you want but don’t ask me to go. He understood. I had no desire to alienate him from his mother, she already caused problems, I was not going to add to them.

11. scdiv

scdiv Well-Known Member

So wrong that CW's family was stuck on this narrative of SW being "unstable" "bipolar" and "narcissistic." Reading through her text messages shows the exact opposite. She was loving, thoughtful, caring, and trying to do everything right. She was so upset and hurt about how he was acting toward her, but she made it so clear how much she loved him. She didn't trash him, she didn't try to manipulate. She was so sincere. It is so heartbreaking.

12. Thepoet

Thepoet Well-Known Member

I've been gone a few days. Shanann's love for CW and her fight to save her marriage just tore me apart. I have missed a lot, probably as well, and I'm sorry for the bad posting. WS is a class act and very professional. Stay proud of all the good and ignore the small, but so obvious, bad. I believe most of us agree with you!

13. x_files

x_files Well-Known Member

A case of projection perhaps?

Traymar, SureBet, La Louve and 25 others like this.
  14. tmar

tmar Well-Known Member

Where is our Psychologist to answer these for us?
    There is someone here, in research, not Clinical, but would love to hear their thoughts.
    Previous info by this Poster was most informative: stereo....... (something similar to this).
    I understand, it is only through this evidence presented, but perhaps we may receive some ideas that we could discuss.
    MOO.

15. Loveallmyhorsesdogsandcats

Loveallmyhorsesdogsandcats Well-Known Member

I think thst may be a part of it. With a strong woman by his side he good finally muster up the courage to defy Moma-and I bet that was a first.

16. Bravo

Bravo Well-Known Member

It is heartbreaking to think how hard Shanann tried with all of the Watt's. Not one of them deserved to have her and the kids in their toxic lives. And to pay with her life and the Children's!!!! In my mind Mom is wondering exactly what did Shanann do to drive CW to an affair and murder! Enable much!!!!

17. MassGuy

Yup.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

AvaGrace, Traymar, La Louve and 23 others like this.
  18. SaguaroSpirit

SaguaroSpirit Happy Times in Cactus Land

More like they were describing HIM.

19. MassGuy

@stereopticons

BeanieBod, MintLeighf, erik28 and 9 others like this.
  20. Bravo

Bravo Well-Known Member

Yep "Nothing wrong with ME" "It's YOU"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.