GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #58

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by ColoGirl, Aug 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tuliptiptoe

Tuliptiptoe Well-Known Member

She was honest about her faults as well. She was aware she could be controlling and short tempered and was putting a plan in place to make changes.

Compare that to the Watts that lay blame and make excuses.

It's so heartbreaking.

Moo

2. Loveallmyhorsesdogsandcats

Loveallmyhorsesdogsandcats Well-Known Member

Tricia did a great podcast examining their dynamic and is of the opinion that his killing Shanann was not only connected to NK but his rage at his mother. Threads ago, Guitiana (sp) predicted what his family would be like when they revealed themselves and she was spot on

3. x_files

x_files Well-Known Member

What would be great is for someone to compile a book of RED FLAGS that all young women should read.
    The first red flag Chris showed (that we know of) is his toxic and troubled yet enmeshed relationship with his mother and his inability to stand up to his own mother.
    Many refer to it as a Norman/Norma Bates relationship. Emotionally abusive possibly incestuous emotionally.

4. Johnny1181

Johnny1181 Former Member

Or it just allowed him to remain in victim mode and play into that with his parents. Poor Chris.

When in reality Shanann worked her butt off and gave that "skater boy" mama's boy a life and family he could have only dreamed of. jmo

5. x_files

x_files Well-Known Member

yes, I agree with both. Tricia and Gitana nailed it. I had suspected an overbearing mother and a toxic childhood as well.

6. tmar

tmar Well-Known Member

Welcome Delevanjo. :):):):)
    We have found several women in SW's friendship with similar names to Nicole.
    Perhaps a popular name only.
    Maybe after NUA, as Shan'ann's close friend.

7. tmar

tmar Well-Known Member

Thank you.
    Hope we receive a response.
    Often Research Folk provide more info as have articles at their fingertips.

AvaGrace, CalmSeas, Bravo and 3 others like this.
  8. Delevanjo

Delevanjo Well-Known Member

yes, yes...I did think maybe in honor of a close friend (I have done that too) Between this and the doll photo... it seems a bit of "truth is stranger than fiction" - and heartbreaking.

9. pocketaccent

pocketaccent Well-Known Member

I was wholly impressed with Shanann's positive attitude even during her darkest times. What a graceful, delightful woman she was.

This is the book she chose to send to CW.
    Hold Me Tight
    https://www.amazon.com/Hold-Me-Tigh...&qid=1543020339&sr=8-1&keywords=hold+me+tight
    Brings tears to my eyes.

10. Johnny1181

Johnny1181 Former Member

Heartbreaking how vulnerable she allowed herself to be.... shining her light in every way to save her marriage. He's just so.... I can't even find words to describe how disgusting he is.

AvaGrace, libraryg, La Louve and 28 others like this.
  11. PrimeSuspect

PrimeSuspect Under the Milky Way

The sad thing is that it was said in these threads too! How on earth could anyone come to that conclusion by watching Shanann's fb videos is beyond me! It dominated the whole thread.... bad, bad times!! :( The Discovery document has the last word!

CW was always the defective one, his porch interviews and his actions of dumping his family should have been enough to know this.

12. Han

Han Well-Known Member

Nicole
    NicoLee

13. Bravo

Bravo Well-Known Member

I don't know that a list of warning signs is feasible. Almost seems innate in us women that we are "fixers". Not all Sociopaths kill but are content to make your life he77. I think the best lesson my Mom passed on and I did as well was to look at a partners relationship with Family. Especially the Parent/s. A place to start. These folks can put up such a convincing facade. Family dynamics are visible and measurable for most of us.

8paws, SureBet, LenaFromNola and 23 others like this.
  14. Johnny1181

Johnny1181 Former Member

Yes it was.... bad times indeed. Drove me over the edge so to speak once.... ok....maybe twice

LenaFromNola, RachB65, MrsM and 13 others like this.
  15. kiwilaura

kiwilaura Well-Known Member

Those last few pages, the timeline leading up to the event, were so hard to read. It was like reading a scary novel, so much suspense but a devastating finish. I think out of everything, I found those pages the hardest of all.

It's left me feeling very fragile. Just pure devastation all round. I feel so utterly awful for what Shanann's last few weeks were like, when she clearly loved him so much. It stings that he will likely never feel remorse.

16. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

Yeah. It’s important to trust your instincts, especially in the early days of a relationship.

It’s far easier and safer to cut ties in the beginning, as opposed to later on, when the relationship has developed.

Context is important, seeing your potential partner in different situations, from interaction with family and friends, to simple things, like how he/she treats waiters in a restaurant.

Sometimes the facade is so effective that it takes a while to see the other person’s true nature.

You’re in trouble then.

17. Pi Thoughts

Pi Thoughts Well-Known Member

And the more that were peeled the more sordid he is.:(

18. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

I can totally sense her frustration and hurt from being rejected. I admit I didn't connect with her in her live streams/videos, but my heart certainly goes out to her after reading the docs. She was fighting for her family and marriage, and he shut her out, which is a manipulative, controlling, and selfish way for him to handle the relationship issues.

As someone posted above, he's more manipulative than I first realized.

jmo

19. Tippy Lynn

Tippy Lynn Well-Known Member

Does anyone else think it’s odd neither SW’s parents nor CW’s parents were aware of their financial strain?

20. AbstractVino

AbstractVino Active Member

Can anyone explain the alcohol in SW autopsy report. Sorry if this has already been discussed. Also, is CW in prison yet? TIA. RIP SW BW CW NW:(

Bravo likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.