GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #58

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by ColoGirl, Aug 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tmar

tmar Well-Known Member

Copied from previous thread:

Seattle1,
    "I believe there may have been a small window for discard. While CW was under surveillance, I recall the incident of CW stopping at the work truck parked on street and possibly rummaging for content. There was also a point where the tracker lost him, and he CW picked up by other. MOO"

In one of the posts recently, it was stated while being tracked by LE, CW had stopped his vehicle, at an estate.
    Could he have dumped the blankets etc into 'bins' and now the items have possibly gone to landfill?
    MOO.

Gardener1850, Sjm_qc, Thepoet and 8 others like this.

2. Jennifer17

Jennifer17 Former Member

Do you know that they didn't?

CalmSeas, Tiny, Sjm_qc and 8 others like this.
  3. tmar

tmar Well-Known Member

DA stated, it was due to decomposition.

Gardener1850, Marmlet, Sjm_qc and 6 others like this.
  4. Johnny1181

Johnny1181 Former Member

So true MassGuy. And imo so important to share honestly with those close to you for perspective. If it were me, and my parents refused to attend my wedding, they would not be a part of the life that followed. He didn't take that route. He got to keep his victim status through them.
    And Shanann through it all, just seemed to keep trying to invite and give love.

5. Dum-Dum Sucker

Dum-Dum Sucker Well-Known Member

Nichol's middle name is Lee.

I didn't sleuth the woman. Her full name is all over Yahoo Search. Can't help but see it.

(mods please delete if I'm naughty)

6. Johnny1181

Johnny1181 Former Member

Thank you for clarifying that immediately to dispel any speculation since that is one of the main reasons the DA wanted the autopsies sealed. Thank you!

7. Tippy Lynn

Tippy Lynn Well-Known Member

The Gift of Fear is a great book and IMO SW had a gut feeling when she said she thought that maybe she should just stay in NC. That gut feeling is the gift of fear - we all have that gift we just need to listen, hear and trust the alarms when they go off.
    jmo

8. human

human Well-Known Member

Did she have some kind of procedure for the two girls but the baby was conceived without medical assistance? Or did they spend moneyon that again?

CalmSeas likes this.
  9. book-thinker

book-thinker Well-Known Member

Slowly going thru the discovery report.
    NK told police, she had deleted all texts from CW.
    On August 16, NK met with CBI for a interview at the Thornton police station, unsure if her father was present during the interview.
    Report shows, NK stated she had asked CW to delete his text messages to keep their relationship secret from his friends. I wondering when she asked CW to delete text messages, if he did delete all texts from NK.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
  10. Tippy Lynn

It didn’t say why in the documents. I would imagine SW and CW didn’t tell them.
    jmo

ETA: sorry I misread your question. It says in the documents they weren’t aware of their financial stress and they were never asked to borrow them money.

11. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Agree. I recall it was less than a week before WCJ guard noted that CW attempted to manipulate staff on whether or not he really had to use 2nd floor shower facility.

12. ElleJaycee

ElleJaycee Well-Known Member

I have been following this case since the beginning and I think Chris is the type to internalize his rage. Chris is a Beta male who probably feels inadequate due to both his mother and wife (both of whom are Alpha's). He may appear easy going and non-confrontational but deep down is seething with resentment towards the women in his life. Shanann and Cindi probably didn't get along because they're both Alpha's and Cindi treats Chris like a Momma's boy who can do no wrong. Similar to Scott Peterson, we have a golden boy who is worshipped by his parents.

I feel he'd intentionally cut himself off from his wife and kids. He didn't want to be attached to them in any way. He has NK who is probably younger and a bit naive. NK will follow Chris's lead and Chris can't believe he has a woman who will do what HE says but there's that pesky, pregnant wife of his who won't "go away" quietly because understandably, Shanann loves Chris unconditionally and is willing to work on their marriage. I also feel like Chris felt backed into a corner with baby Nico in the way.

So what does an emotionally immature Beta male do when he wants to rid himself of his family without paying out big $$$ for a divorce and child support? Just snuff them out plain and simple.

Chris is not smart or clever, nor is he a good actor. There is no way he was going to outsmart anyone by pretending to be the grieving husband. Chris is a dumbass who felt that he could go about life without a care in the world . Chris is a product of his parents (who btw seem pretty evil and narcissistic themselves). He honestly believed the police would just shrug and say "Yep, you're right Chris. Shanann probably just left without a trace. Oh well".

My guess is the kids were in bed, Chris is anxious for Shanann to get home from the airport. Shanann gets home, exhausted, feeling ill and pregnant. Takes off her shoes and gets ready for bed. She probably peeks in on the girls but tries not to wake them. Chris is probably pretending to be asleep.

Shanann gets into bed and gently tries to wake him up and whispers "Chris .. honey ...I'm home."

Chris probably lays there ignoring her while pretending to be asleep. Shanann tries to hug him and maybe he pushes her arms away. She says "**** off" and rolls over, maybe crying until she dozes off.

Then Chris probably rolls over, sits on top of her and strangles her first.

Then the girls. My reasoning is because he can't take a chance of Shanann discovering the girls are already dead and having her call the cops or cause a disturbance. He kills her first so that he has ample time to smother the children without Shanann interfering.

My other scenario is Chris pretends to be asleep in bed when Shanann gets home. She climbs into bed, and he rolls over and pretends to be loving by wrapping his arms around her. Maybe even says some loving words like "I missed you. How was your trip?" They chat like this for a few minutes until Shanann dozes off. Chris pretends to do the same.Then, with his arms still wrapped around her he strangles her. Shanann didn't have time to scream or fight back. Because of Chris's loving demeanor, Shanann, already tired from her trip, let her guard down and didn't want to to think about Chris's strange behavior the past week. She's dozing off when Chris decides to go through with his plan.

13. amiless

amiless Well-Known Member

I have only read about 1/3 of the posts since the document dump, but I did read almost the entire document.

I saw an interesting post from @Colorado303 about a theory that CW lured SW into making love when she got home that night/morning. I believe that is entirely possible. It would explain her dress, especially if it was unusal for her to sleep in her bra or makeup. According to all of Shanann's texts and conversations with her friends, she had not had sex with Chris since before she went to North Carolina. I think this was something she desperately wanted, and he knew that. Her desire to be intimate with him possibly could have momentarily overruled her wanting to peek in and check on the girls. JMO.

Also, it was mentioned on the previous thread that CW was not interested in hiding the affair with NK (paraphrasing) because he used the credit card at Lazy Dog. NK stated to LE this was the first time CW used a credit card to pay for their dinner. She said he normally paid with gift cards. I think the only reason CW was reckless and used the credit card on August 11 was because he already knew he was going to kill SW that weekend.

AvaGrace, Babbakins, SureBet and 31 others like this.
  14. Delevanjo

Delevanjo Well-Known Member

No, in fact, parents may be the very last to know. Shame plays a big part in that.

15. Tippy Lynn

In the documents it didn’t say they had any procedures done to help them conceive. However, there’s a lot of info in the docs - I’m sure I missed things.
    jmo

CalmSeas and Bravo like this.
  16. Layla123

Layla123 Well-Known Member

Please tell more! I don’t feel like reading those gut wrenching documents anymore. What happened with the shower?

AvaGrace, Thepoet, CalmSeas and 3 others like this.
  17. amiless

amiless Well-Known Member

CW's middle name is Lee also. I would suspect that is the reason for Niko's middle name.

18. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

19. tmar

tmar Well-Known Member

I did read here, that Shan'ann required Medical Procedures to conceive the first 2 girls.
    She was surprised that she conceived easily with Nico : after only 2 'attempts'.
    All here somewhere, if others remember.
    MOO.

20. Angela_Beckett

Angela_Beckett Lurker Extraordinaire

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.