GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #59

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by ColoGirl, Aug 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitch11

Mitch11 Well-Known Member

I think that's very telling actually. And IMO you are right. He appears to have missed out on normal social and emotional development, which probably helps to somewhat explain some of his behavior.

Clearly he saw his unborn baby like a concert ticket he had purchased in advance, but decided he no longer wanted to go. Options, sell (divorce) or throw out. Sickeningly we know what option he chose.

2. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

Yeah. The last thing he would have wanted is for her to make an appearance. That would have been disastrous, as the exposure of the affair would have been very incriminating.

He actually denied the affair during his lengthy police interrogations, because an affair equals a motive for murder.

He’s a dumbass, but not insane.

La Louve, abr, RachB65 and 22 others like this.
  3. MassGuy

If I were a betting man, which I absolutely am, I’d bet big on his sister.

Sneaky, that one.

Traymar, SureBet, La Louve and 52 others like this.
  4. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)

I think the general consensus was that they thought of her as one of their star witnesses and now they probably will not bother with charges against her for lying. Not sure what happens if the investigation revealed she was involved in something more serious.

5. Allabouttrial

Allabouttrial Well-Known Member

In the grand scheme of things though is it really relevant now? At least now we have real facts to go on from the discovery.

kakadu, KathrynL and Tippy Lynn like this.
  6. Jennifer17

Jennifer17 Former Member

To me it is, after all the nonsense and non facts that were spouted about Shanann.
    We had real facts before the discovery. Before he pleaded guilty.

SureBet, La Louve, ScotAng and 25 others like this.
  7. Mitch11

Mitch11 Well-Known Member

From my knowledge (correct me if wrong!) psychopaths are born with psychopathic traits. They have histories of engaging in antisocial behavior from a young age. Research suggests there is still an element of nature vs nurture, eg you are born with traits which are triggered by the environment (eg abuse as a child is an example). However psychopaths often show these tendencies regardless (eg harming animals is a common example) and their behaviors can vary on a scale. They are frequently diagnosed with antisocial personality disorder first.

Sociopaths are bred within their family environment. They tend to lead non-criminal lives in their earlier years, if not for the majority of their lives. They are often your corporate fraudsters or CEOs who walk all over people as they have no regard for them.

8paws, Traymar, jenspired and 15 others like this.
  8. pocketaccent

pocketaccent Well-Known Member

14 sounds just about right.
    As for his murder plan though, 14 is too generous. Maybe 10 year old boy? Except the boy had muscles.

9. Allabouttrial

Not sure I follow?

10. MassGuy

We’re trying to gather a complete picture of everything that occurred here.

The murders are obviously the most important part, but there was a calculated and coordinated effort to mislead the public here.

Some of it was done in the light of day (tv interviews), and some of it was done through the anonymity of social media and the internet in general.

To understand CW, you must look at his family. Likewise, to understand what Shanann went through, you have to focus on them as well.

They are an important part of this, and their actions can certainly offer some clarity as to the entire picture.

8paws, magnolia7985, SureBet and 53 others like this.
  11. Allabouttrial

That makes sense. Thank you!

Tortoise and MassGuy like this.
  12. PrimeSuspect

PrimeSuspect Under the Milky Way

But where did the newscaster get this from? hmmm, not saying it was Cindy, someone was telling porkies and the newscaster ran with it. :rolleyes:

k-mac, tmar, Gardener1850 and 7 others like this.
  13. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

I think this may have been about the time I had to apply the brain bleach. MOO

14. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)

If CW really wrote a letter saying something like "if anything happens to me blame SW":
    1. He is stupid-- it shows his premeditation.
    2. It would make me wonder if he planned to commit suicide after murdering his family and failed to do so OR if he had a plan to stage a scene where he injured himself and then called 911 and blamed SW for his injuries.
    3. He is stupid-- even if he had done a #2 scenario it would have been figured out and the letter would show his premeditation.

*Yes, I know 1 and 3 say essentially the same thing. :rolleyes:

15. Allabouttrial

Yeah don't get me wrong Cindy said there was a letter that the defense had been given then the newscaster went from there.

BrownRice and PrimeSuspect like this.
  16. Jennifer17

Jennifer17 Former Member

We had the fact that he forced his little girl's bodies into vats of crude oil. We had the facts that he lied his head off, while looking so pleased with himself in his interviews. We had the fact that he buried his wife and unborn child in a shallow grave.
    We had the fact that the DA had enough evidence against him that he was charged with murder of all of them.
    They were facts that we had. On the other side, we had the word of a liar and lots of lies and gossip.

SureBet, libraryg, La Louve and 32 others like this.
  17. fabvab

fabvab Well-Known Member

There are things about this Cindy that remind me of Casey Anthony's mom, Cindy! And things about Chris remind me of Casey!

18. MassGuy

Yes. Coordinated lies and gossip.

Funny enough, we came to find out in the discovery document, that the same lies and gossip were uttered to investigators by the Watts family.

We were just privy to it early.

19. PrimeSuspect

PrimeSuspect Under the Milky Way

this part is what broke my heart when Shanann says she feels scared. She might've thought he'd ask her to abort, that's bad enough but it was actually worse!

Traymar, Cinnalauda, pendyjo and 25 others like this.
  20. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

It really was stupid. But that's kind of his signature style---bone headed moves.

IF she really was a threat and danger to him, why leave a sealed letter, only to be opened AFTER something bad happened? Wasn't he concerned about his and his children's safety?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.