GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #61

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know some REALLY want to make the disgust about NK about sexism. It's just not. IMO. People have been criticizing CW's speech from day one. Relentlessly. Is that because of sexism against him?

Men have vocal fry and upseak too and it drives me crazy.

But other than being annoyed, I don't give a damn about her voice. I give a damn about her inflection, arrogance, evasivessness, self-centeredness and overall lack of empathy in the context of a major crime investigation.

I wish people would please stop accusing others of being sexist because they do not like this woman or condone her actions. To me it's a disingenuous way of trying to undermine other's opinions of this woman. We disagree. That's okay. It's not like people are creating scenarios or making things up about this woman out of left field based on nothing but innuendo and rumor, like was done with Shannan. Then I might question the motives. But here I think there are solid bases for the disdain, even though people can have different views about it. No need to continually accuse people of sexism to prove their opinions are wrong here.

I find it offensive.
I found it to be her overall attitude that was coming off as the most grating. There's something off in her responses. The detectives are trying to figure out what happened and where she can offer insight. She's not coming at this from trying to help them piece this together and anything he might have said or did that would be relevant. I thought the detectives were amicable and easygoing with her. And the fact that they would need to verify different things is extremely understandable under the circumstances. They were completely in line with their questioning. And she was so aggressive. She also sounded completely tone deaf to what they were trying to get at and just went on and on about herself.

And the blasé attitude of, "ya I don't remember." Or very inappropriate, self-absorbed monologues. I cannot imagine being in the middle of a murder investigation and taking this opportunity to tell the investigator all about my personal macro nutrients. I literally was doing a face palm listening to her. It just felt like the NK show. People can have annoying voices, but if they are being genuine and caring, their character would still come through. I don't know. Maybe it's just her personality - rough around the edges and a bit uncouth. But the narcissism and self-importance is what was coming through the loudest to me. Imo and all that usual disclaimers.

I still can't fathom in this day and age why anyone thinks they're going to get away with murder. Of course there are people that do, but that's quite the fluke. And usually its just dumb luck that keeps that person free.

My take is that he believes that looking in people’s eyes is a sign of truthfulness. He may be also be trying to assess if she believes him or not. He mimics human behaviour but it’s clear he’s far from skilled as evidenced by his sniffle when she points out that she finds it weird that he hasn’t cried in two days. He truly has no clue how to ‘act’.

BIB

To be fair this is the problem for every noobie show runner starring in their own murder play.

The noob focusses on exposition. They want to further the narrative.

The pro would act only their own lines.

The character of scared, confused dad would not be interested in any of this interview. Nor would he "understand" how strange this looks.

He'd want to know where the hell is wife and kids were and what was being done to find them.

Never once does Watt's ask this!

Scripting proper dialogue is hard!

The porch interview scenario is so weird. I was convinced Elizabeth Smart's Dad was guilty from his pleas. I'm not sure they're helpful at all.

Welcome recent member!

I'm confused how you are comparing this to Elizabeth Smart's dad. His pleas and getting it on the air was so very instrumental in her return.Moo

Last edited:
Chris Watts Confessed To Father He Killed Wife In A Rage, New Video Shows
In a bare white room at the Frederick Police Department, he told his father that he’d “freaked out” and killed his wife in a fury after a fight over plans to separate, according to newly released video from the Weld County District Attorney’s office.

“Oh my God,” his father said, dropping his head into his hands.

When his coworkers arrived at the site later that morning, they described his behavior as perfectly normal, prosecutors said. As law enforcement officials searched for the woman and girls, Watts was texting his new girlfriend about their future, prosecutors said.

Video shows moments Chris Watts confesses to killing pregnant wife
A video released Thursday shows the moment Christopher Watts, the Colorado man serving multiple sentences for killing his pregnant wife and two daughters, admitted to killing his wife.

"They’re gone. There’s no bringing them back," Watts told police, after explaining to first his father and then investigators that he strangled his wife, Shanann, because he saw her kill their two daughters, Bella, 4, and Celeste, 3.

The video, which also included footage of Watts failing a polygraph test when asked if he caused his wife's disappearance, was part of a trove of information related to the August murders released by the Weld County District Attorney.

I still can't fathom in this day and age why anyone thinks they're going to get away with murder. Of course there are people that do, but that's quite the fluke. And usually its just dumb luck that keeps that person free.

Sociopaths are known for taking extreme risks without realistic consideration of consequences

I have experienced this directly with my own sociopath (though not with a crime!)

They make wild proposals over which they are absurdly excited, without the slightest thought for the obvious consequences.

And if you point out the consequences, they see it as a personal attack.

I know some REALLY want to make the disgust about NK about sexism. It's just not. IMO. People have been criticizing CW's speech from day one. Relentlessly. Is that because of sexism against him?

But other than being annoyed, I don't give a damn about her voice. I give a damn about her inflection, arrogance, evasivessness, self-centeredness and overall lack of empathy in the context of a major crime investigation.

I wish people would please stop accusing others of being sexist because they do not like this woman or condone her actions. To me it's a disingenuous way of trying to undermine other's opinions of this woman. We disagree. That's okay. It's not like people are creating scenarios or making things up about this woman out of left field based on nothing but innuendo and rumor, like was done with Shannan. Then I might question the motives. But here I think there are solid bases for the disdain, even though people can have different views about it. No need to continually accuse people of sexism to prove their opinions are wrong here.

I find it offensive.

I wish people would stop undermining others opinions and accussing them of being this or that regardless what their opinions are. Most of the cases we follow on WS are full of horrible acts that are hard to hear and read and it makes it even harder when there’s offensive banter on the threads. I enjoy hearing others opinions even when I don’t agree with them. Just because we don’t agree with an opinion or view it doesn’t mean the opinions of others are inadequate.
jmo

Geez. That is a really good catch. I don't know that I would have noticed that. "Did you tell mom yet?"

But maybe it was about something else?

I may be stretching. It just seems like one other unfathomable thing- that Ronnie knew they were all dead before the interview? Holy smoke.

One thing I was thinking is that Ronnie is used to bailing out his son. We know that what CW was saying to his dad was a lie. So he would have no reason to correct him when he supplied "facts." And maybe RW was just leading him.

At the least it seems he knew his son was lying.

But that one statement. It's hard to get past that. Combined with RW's
overall lack of strong reaction and supplying him with "facts"...Hmmm.

Who was it last thread who brought this all out? It does seem RW knew.

There’s a spot in the interview where Chris is talking and his dad is texting, you can hear the keyboard taps. Perhaps Chris might have thought his dad was texting his mom. The first time watching I felt the dad was too calm, but after watching a second time I think the dad was simply slow to process. He asked at one point if she then left with the girls not understanding that when Chris said she “hurt the girls” that he meant kill them.

It's just now hitting me after reading everybody's input is that the reason he put them into separate tanks was because the first one only had one and a half feet of oil and he thought it would not cover them up and they will be found.

For some reason, I have an *inclination* to go back and look at posts from some of the verified insiders, but I'm just not going to waste my time as to the social engineering that some folks may have done here.

Sorry that you feel like this group is sexist again...I just believe that the change in voice is purposeful and the majority of people that I know that speak with it have an attitude like they’re better than everyone (which I feel NK sounded like in her interview). However, to be quite honest her “vocal fry” has nothing to do with the fact that she showed little emotion in the interview...which was more concerning to me.
It has nothing to do with sexism,so that is a moot arguement anyway.
It does have to do with fact that NK whether male,or female is very deceitful, manipulative and conniving. Voice change,and inflection are just one of many tools decevers, and liars use to try to fool people.

Lol, why can’t women or men just speak with the voices they were born with? It is the purposeful change in the voice to create some kind of effect that I find puzzling. Be confident in who you are just how you are, no need for false effects.

exactly! It's NOT natural it's done on purpose. trendy.

Geez. That is a really good catch. I don't know that I would have noticed that. "Did you tell mom yet?"

But maybe it was about something else?

I may be stretching. It just seems like one other unfathomable thing- that Ronnie knew they were all dead before the interview? Holy smoke.

One thing I was thinking is that Ronnie is used to bailing out his son. We know that what CW was saying to his dad was a lie. So he would have no reason to correct him when he supplied "facts." And maybe RW was just leading him.

At the least it seems he knew his son was lying.

But that one statement. It's hard to get past that. Combined with RW's
overall lack of strong reaction and supplying him with "facts"...Hmmm.

Who was it last thread who brought this all out? It does seem RW knew.

I’m learning not to dismiss things like this as crazy but this would truly be crazy! Would they both be so arrogant and stupid to think he could pass a polygraph and face intense interrogation by LE professionals? If he told his dad in the car, why wouldn’t they head straight to a lawyers office? It’s beyond my understanding.

Ok I know it was an interrogation techinique to get him talking, but I wish they wouldn’t have fed him the lines about Shanann killing the girls and said something else. I guess it all worked because he pleaded guilty to all, but wish it would have been another story they fed him.
Yes! Me too! I watched both the local Denver and national coverage of the new audio/video on CBS this morning. Both stories mentioned Chris' vicious lie (which they didn't call a lie) about killing Shanann in a fit of rage because she... well, we all know and I don't even want to type it. They did not go on to emphasize that the story had been disproven and that CW later confessed and pled guilty to all 3 murders plus ending the pregnancy. It made me so angry! I imagine that for people across the country who watch the news but haven't especially followed this story, there may be some doubt in their minds about "what really happened". When in truth it's beyond the shadow of a doubt that CW coldbloodedly murdered all. News outlets need to stop repeating the misleading "Watts said he strangled his wife in a rage after she killed their two daughters" unless they are going to emphasize that this was proven without question to be a vicious lie.

Also, for those concerned about NK, you'll be glad to know she is barely being mentioned and when she is, they are bending over backward to give her the benefit of the doubt and portray her as she wished for in her Denver Post PR piece. So we can all feel free to save our worry for the actual victims now.

I find it offensive.

THANK YOU!

NK is a proven liar and self-serving narcissist. I wouldn't want to know anyone like her. Her interview is unbearable to listen to. Casey Anthony sounded more believable.

Ya they really worked him! Right when CW admits to the affair and voices concern he’s going to ruin NKs life if this is made public, the detective said “You’re the type of guy that takes care of a woman. You took care of your wife. You took care of your daughters.”

How the detective could even say that and sound sincere... Brilliant acting, and so effective. Come here, kitty kitty. Eat right out of my hand.

He's got to be below average intelligence. He's almost childlike in his naïveté.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627