GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #64

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by ColoGirl, Aug 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thepoet

Thepoet Well-Known Member

Very well said. Bravo! Glad you got away, stay safe.

tmar, MerBeach, human and 4 others like this.
  2. mrjitty

mrjitty Well-Known Member

The problem I have had is that because my sociopath is so popular and manipulative, few will believe me about his true abusive nature.

Indeed the only people who believe it are the ones I confided in down the years when i sought support. Indeed one of those people had their own sociopath and gave me a lot of advice.

Everyone else believes that only if we could sit down and talk about everything it could be worked out.

But that is the last thing I can do because that simply allows sociopath to do emotional hoovering back into my life!

abr, Dum-Dum Sucker, tmar and 10 others like this.
  3. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

“20/20” HAS FIRST INTERVIEW WITH PARENTS OF SHANANN WATTS AFTER HER HUSBAND, CHRIS WATTS, PLED GUILTY TO MURDERING SHANANN AND THEIR TWO YOUNG DAUGHTERS
    “20/20” features an exclusive interview with Frank and Sandra Rzucek, Shanann Watts’ parents

Christopher Watts was sentenced to life in prison without parole for murdering his pregnant wife, Shanann, and young daughters Bella and Celeste in Colorado. “20/20” Co-anchor Amy Robach sits down for the first interview with Shanann’s parents, Frank and Sandra Rzucek, who open up about their daughter, granddaughters and their grief. The pair also discusses their relationship with Chris and the shocking crime that devastated their family. The hour features exclusive interviews with neighbor Nathan Trinastich and Shanann’s friends Cassandra Rosenberg, and Cristina Meacham. “20/20” airs on Friday, December 7 (10:00 – 11:00 p.m. ET) on ABC.

“20/20” includes interviews with Nickole Atkinson, Shanann’s friend who first reported her missing; Michael Rourke, Weld County District Attorney; and John Camper, director of the Colorado Bureau of Investigation. The hour also features new videos, documents, photos and texts from the case, coupled with newly released police evidence, in an attempt to explore the question of why Chris committed the murders.

[​IMG]

HayLouise, Valhalla, JEM1975 and 33 others like this.
  4. Thepoet

Well done (again! :D)! Thanks. I wonder if they'll let CW and Coleman get together, maybe for some rough and tumble? Seriously, bad prison and very cold winters!

5. Loveallmyhorsesdogsandcats

Loveallmyhorsesdogsandcats Well-Known Member

Interesting insight, thank you.

6. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

True, but we have no indication yet that they haven't found the answers to those questions. They just may not have made it public. They must be aware of it. I don't know how long they have had the information, but I would think if it is that significant they will investigate further and eventually we will here about it.
    I would like to know more too, especially about the apparent search from CW's phone about the oxycodone. But I'm assuming LE looked into that and didn't think it was important to the investigation. Imo

7. x_files

x_files Well-Known Member

Psychopathy can run in the family. What are the chances he got a double dose in the genetic department?
    I wish the entire Watts family would agree to be interviews with psychologists and have brain scans. Too bad the law cannot make it mandatory.

8. Thepoet

I'm all set to record! :p:D

9. Mellowmelly

Mellowmelly Well-Known Member

I agree, without Shannan he was a nobody, he didn’t even have his own friends. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.

10. MsBetsy

Yes, I know but they are still very much part of the action. They have to work fast and are under a lot of pressure and it's probably an adrenaline high. You may not see them, but they are in direct contact with all the "famous people." He probably would have found that a lot more stimulating then being in a house with 3 kids and working in the oil fields. Imo

MerBeach, Mo Thuairim and Mellowmelly like this.
  11. Loveallmyhorsesdogsandcats

Loveallmyhorsesdogsandcats Well-Known Member

I agree, for most that would be the first call you would make, to your closest friend, especially with such a monumental event like your boyfriend murdering his family.

12. x_files

thank you for your informative post.

Doghairrules and Lore Listener like this.
  13. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Killer dad Chris Watts may have faked calls to hospitals, pretending to look for missing pregnant wife and two little girls: ‘A trail of concocted concern’
    On the day that Shanann Watts and her young daughters were first reported missing in mid-August, her husband Chris Watts made a series of phone calls to area hospitals at the suggestion of concerned family and friends — but an investigating officer was skeptical that Watts actually inquired about his family.

The report notes that “The average duration of these calls was forty seconds, the longest was sixty nine seconds.”

The Greeley Police officer who authored the report wrote in the data review that he called one of those four hospitals “out of curiosity” and asked about an unknown name, requesting confirmation that they were a patient at the hospital.

“It took two minutes to get my answer,” the officer, who did not identify himself in the call, wrote in the report.

“I suspect Watts merely called each hospital to create a trail of concocted concern and never actually spoke with anyone.”

14. x_files

I agree.

PrimeSuspect likes this.
  15. freyaflies

freyaflies Well-Known Member

This is really good advice. I have only heard about these types of people in recent years, I think it's good that as a society we are becoming more educated about how brains work. It's scary how well Chris pretended to have real feelings. Sometimes I wonder if there was any way Shan'ann could have figured out who he really was beforehand - she did seem to have a slight clue, she texted him that he was a one way street, etc.- but for most of the marriage he seemed so caring and he was such a convincing liar, I don't see that there was any way she could have figured it out. I can understand her decision to return to Colorado, I would have gone back too if I was her.

Lore Listener, tmar, scdiv and 6 others like this.
  16. x_files

EXACTLY!
    I cannot believe a grown man googled that, a pre-teen maybe but not a grown man! A toddler in a grown man's body indeed.

17. Thepoet

HayLouise, GovtMule416, tmar and 10 others like this.
  18. Layla123

Layla123 Well-Known Member

My take on it was that NK is totally embarrassed and ashamed, she wants no association with CW, she doesn’t want to drag her friends into it, and she doesn’t think anyone will hire her for 5-10 years. She was also talking about changing her name and moving out of state.

kittycat3, Tippy Lynn, human and 6 others like this.
  19. Mellowmelly

Mellowmelly Well-Known Member

Narcissists/ sociopaths have a way of turning everything around on you. They will make YOU look like the one with the problem, the abuser, the bad person all whilst painting themselves as a saint to family and friends. Nobody would ever believe they could be capable of the things they do in private.

Mimimom, Irmese, abr and 14 others like this.
  20. MsBetsy

I doubt he ever thought of that. More likely, he probably resents her and blames her that he didn't get the life he always wanted. I'm sure he felt the impact of his failures and blamed it on everyone else but himself. Imo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.