GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #64

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like it was selected as "walking" which does go through Frederick.. but if you switch it back to driving, it changes the route to taking I-25 as one of the options, and zooming in, looks like the interstate is more in Erie, CO.
ooh, good catch! I didn't notice the walk feature!

So many things could have happened (and did)... I don't understand why he did not do more to 'clean' and hide what he had actually done.
Those that think the children were killed first... what time do you think? Why would he be loading his truck early in the morning and not in the middle of the night.
If he takes their stuff with him on the way to dispose of the bodies he can throw it out along the way. Although that could still have been him... other 'possible' suspects might could come from that. Surely not by their stuff being in the house but they have disappeared.
I just don't see how he could chance the friend coming in too after dropping SW off, SW checking the kids and fighting back, or stuff of that nature.
Seems to me the killing was closer to daybreak... because if he killed them earlier he would have had much time sitting around doing nothing.
One of the most shocking things to me is the call to the co-worker stating his plan to visit a different site than he was supposed to... planned the entire thing.
Wow.

It looks like it was selected as "walking" which does go through Frederick.. but if you switch it back to driving, it changes the route to taking I-25 as one of the options, and zooming in, looks like the interstate is more in Erie, CO.
If she took the I25 would her phone not ping off the Frederick cell tower?

The point is that your cell shakes hands with the nearest tower - and frequently these are dotted along major routes like I-25, but could also be further east or west

So now we are only talking about the cell designation - which could easily be by the local town

e.g. because I have a place in a rural area, I actually put quite a bit of work into finding my closest cell tower, which is on the autobahn

But it has designation of my local town which is a about 3km away

then the next tower on the autobahn is designated for the next town past me

but neither of them are in the town

BBM
I truly think Chris Watts thought he was going to get away with this and live a foot loose fancy free sex filled life with NK. I don't think he thought it was very risky. That's why he hid the girls bodies in the tanks. He thought it was brilliant!
The proof of what you say is CW signing up for a Fantasy Football team while everyone else was out frantically searching for his missing family. The idiot.

I don't think they owned the Lexus in full though, she just got a monthly credit for car payments from her thrive sales. But he could have thought it could just be abandoned no problem because there were a lot of holes in his plan.
I'm wondering whether the lease plan on the Lexus was coming to an end and they were going to change up to a Q7. More space for an extra baby seat?

The videos of a murderer (before arrested) are fascinating to me. Watching his demeanor, actions, words, etc.
Just amazing to see... rarely is such stuff available in these high profile cases.

This was my thought as well as soon as @IAMWAN mentioned hopping back and forth between 85 and 52 I immediately thought aobut that, too. I am on the opposite side of Denver from Frederick and Erie, but very familiar with doing the side road shuffle and hopping onto frontage roads to avoid 25 during rush hour.

In addition to being prime construction season, even the smallest accident can turn 25 into a parking lot. NK seems like the type that would obsess on the best and fastest way to get to work without being inconvenienced by traffic delays.

moo.

Oh, I wasn't debating she could have cut through! Just that the original link on the maps brought it to a walking route, which did go directly through Frederick, and the google maps driving did not!

So many things could have happened (and did)... I don't understand why he did not do more to 'clean' and hide what he had actually done.
If he takes their stuff with him on the way to dispose of the bodies he can throw it out along the way.
Technology played a really interesting role here. He had his home decked out in tech, so every movement was logged - garage door, door to basement IIRC, doorbell camera. Turns out his neighbour also had a camera. CW's movements were restricted to "normal" routine times. CW knew he was in trouble when he viewed the neighbour's security videos and it showed him going back and forth to his work truck. CW also had GPS tracking in his work truck which helped LE hugely. And he wouldn't know how many houses and businesses along the way would have cameras.

I've just checked on google maps. From her home address to her work place involved driving through Frederick. she probably made the call whilst driving to work.
Edit to add link
Google Maps

BBM
Oh, ok. It was in "walking" LOL!
I was thinking, 9 hours to drive to work?!!?! :eek:
I clicked "driving", much better, 36 minutes. Lolol

Interesting observation.

Also, honestly....the fact he mentions multiple times about missing having chicken nuggets thrown at him. Who's kids do that. I wouldn't find that funny. Seems strange and boundary-less.

Well toddlers and babies might throw food sometimes but at a moment when your kids are missing that's not the thing most people would say they "miss" about their kids. Normal parents might joke about that if they are able to get away on a weekend vacation without the kids (and the kids are safely in the care of a babysitter at home). But he has no sense of what normal people say or do. And why would he mention chicken nuggets when we know the girls had cold pizza for their last meal? I bet he stole that line from some other occasion in the distant past when someone said else it to him. Maybe his parents said something like that after they returned to NC from their last visit to CO in 2017? He has no script in his head for playing the part of a genuinely worried father who misses his "missing" children. And he has no ability to ad-lib something believeable. JMO.

Where exactly was the office where they picked up their assignments every day?

If they met in Platteville my guess:
501 Division Blvd, Platteville, CO

Frederick could easily be on the way...

Google Maps

But now seeing how Frederick is easily on NK’s way to and from Anadarko, I could be convinced she had driven by or visited the Watts home more than the two times she is claiming..... :rolleyes:

jmo.

Not a family annihilator but here's another Chris who made his wife 'disappear' because he wanted to be with another woman. He got away with it for more than 35 years but he's just been arrested for her murder.

The podcast about this case ended around the time SW and the kids went 'missing' and the parallels between the two cases were striking to me. Chris Dawson was fit and athletic, seemingly a great husband and dad; he was obsessed with his new teenage girlfriend. He said his wife Lyn had run off because she was unstable, that she spent too much money, that she wasn't sufficiently invested in looking after her kids. Her family strenuously denied this and said she was a devoted, loving mother who would never leave her girls. She had had problems conceiving and waited years to have her daughters, whom she adored. She was 33.

Like the Watts, they had a beautiful, big house, which he moved his young girlfriend into within days of Lyn 'disappearing'. Just like CW he eliminated his old life to make room for a new one. The two young daughters, four and two at the time, grew up unable to even remember their mother who 'vanished' and the teenage girlfriend (his student and a victim herself) was installed as the kids' new mother.

And just like CW he is now, finally, sitting behind bars.

Chris Dawson arrested over wife’s murder

How Chris Dawson’s arrest went down

Dang

But also this is why I don't see CWs actions as very mysterious

Murdering over a woman is a story as old as time

I don’t think that’s a clever idea - I think it’s sick.
IMO he’s sick enough to kill his wife and babies with his own hands - he came up with the sick idea to dump his babies in oil tanks.
jmo

I'm really sorry if I offend anyone, because it's a terrible thought, but I can't get it out of my mind that he used his foot to shove his children in the hole. Is there any way it's proven that he didn't do that? I would love to know that was not done.

We don't need him to commit suicide, he is the only witness. If he does, I'd think it is in someone's interests. And I want a true story.

Agree, I think he will adapt to prison
We never will get it! All such crimes are beyond comprehension.
The really stupid part is the suspect winds up without what they lusted for. (Scott/Amber, Jodi/Travis and.....)
CW is considered extremely intelligent by a former teacher. I believe he referred to CW as the best student he ever had in his career. Scott was well thought of, too.
IMO, CW hated his life so much it was worth the risk of getting caught. The weeks w/o his family gave him a taste of what he so desired.
I don’t think this is about hate but trying to figure out how to escape the life he had and what he needed to do to get the kind of life he thought he wanted/needed to be with NK. He went from one woman who called the shots to another the exact same way - the only difference is with NK he did not have the girls around. She was quite vocal about his finances, expressed to friends her concerns that he had kids, her frustrations of having to wait her turn to speak with him if he was with the kids. I highly doubt she did not express those thoughts to CW too. I am not saying she intentionally planted the seed for him to get rid of his family but because Chris is a sick individual he took action. I do feel if he was seeing a woman who didn’t mind he had children and understood that the children come first, those girls and Shanann might still alive. I think it is a strong possibility the girls were his main target and Shanann had to go too, not the other way around. Chris seemed to morph to be like the person he was with and the person he was with didn’t like that he already had children much less a pregnant wife - which it is unclear if she knew about the pregnancy but the pregnancy/third child compounded the need for them to disappear.

MOO

Last edited:
Oh and of course his plan was pushed back by over 2 hours; she was supposed to return around 11 and didn't get in until 1:48. He may have had more planned. NUA really saved the day by getting right on it in the morning when Shanann didn't respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10