GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #65

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by MassGuy, Dec 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pocketaccent

pocketaccent Well-Known Member

I just finished listening to Addy Moloney's phone interview with detective.
    She said that Shanann wanted to stay home to work things out with CW and didn't not want to go to AZ, but he encouraged her to go. Why did he want her away?

(On Thursday, Aug 9, he changed his tune to nice, nice. Shanann's AZ trip, Aug 10-12)

He wanted to secure a burial site? or maybe he just didn't want her around to work on their marriage. Coward.

2. Gecko100

Gecko100 Well-Known Member

He is ice cold and always was. I was wondering if oil was a metaphor for him? I'ts possible he might have enjoyed the children at times, but I question a deep bond, the children (to me anyway) were showing signs of not being so attached to him. I can imagine his intolerance judging by the neighbours comments regarding the shouting.

The oil thing, Watts is kind of attached to the oil industry and cars and things of that nature rather like he was attached to the children. Maybe in his own warped brain they were as special, so dumping them in oil may not to him be that odd.
    He loved his job and was respected by people.

Lol and maybe I am fanciful...

Hapworth and PrimeSuspect like this.
  3. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Yet she still would have struggled. The desperation to get a breath causes an automatic reaction. The person will kick and thrash to struggle to get free. He must have had to restrain her somewhat. Unfortunately even if she lost consciousness at first I think she wouldn't remain that way for 2-4 minutes. It was probably agonizing but only Chris Watts knows the answer to that. Imo

PommyMommy and human like this.
  4. 1mtroyal

1mtroyal Well-Known Member

I find it interesting that the woman police interrogator was wearing a black and white striped sweater that kind of looked like prison garb. I wonder if that was intentional.

5. molly1255

molly1255 Well-Known Member

CW is what my homicide detective relative (from many years ago) used to call a con artist. Some people think con artists are only good for lying and tricking someone out of their money or possessions, but con artists are capable of much more evil than that, given the right set of circumstances. They only think about their own potential gain and never about the person they are damaging because that target is just an object to them. This makes no sense to normal people because it's not normal.

There have been instances in my past when someone has lied to me and I gave them a second chance - a benefit of the doubt type thing because I believed that most people are genuinely good and the lie was a mistake. That second chance I gave has always proven to have been a big mistake.

I'm older and smarter now and I know that some people are genuinely good people, but liars are never good people. I think it is very important to not trick ourselves into believing that a lie is a mistake or a misunderstanding. A lie is intentional and there is a reason for it. Take heed.

6. Pasasana

Pasasana Well-Known Member

I'm sure that CW was counting on being able to go home and finish the clean up. Sheet in the kitchen garbage? Nicole prevented this. She is def the hero.

misslili, Maddalena01, MrsM and 17 others like this.
  7. human

human Well-Known Member

Hard to be with his lover if SW is home

8. Jennifer17

Jennifer17 Former Member

Do they still wear black and white stripes?

9. human

human Well-Known Member

Orange is the new black and white and has been for awhile. Does anyone have it?

angelainwi, book-thinker and Pasasana like this.
  10. MsBetsy

One of the crime journalists talking about the case on tv was wearing black and white stripes too. Maybe it's in style. I wouldn't know these days.

book-thinker likes this.
  11. nanwv

nanwv Well-Known Member

Another interesting tidbit from Frank Ruzcek's audio was after they found out SW and the girls were missing, he texted sister Watts who never responded.

Frankie Ruzcek (audio) stated they found out SW and the girls were missing on the news.

12. kirkassoc

kirkassoc Well-Known Member

I believe I read that he is 5'8"

BeesInMyBonnet and TexasBobcat like this.
  13. Hobgoblinmarket

Hobgoblinmarket Well-Known Member

She had texted a friend saying she asked chris if she she shouldd terminate the pregnancy and that she was no longer excited about it

Very reasonable response to gestating a pregnancy where the other half responsible seems to not even care for you anymore and raising the kids on her own was a huge task

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  14. Jennifer17

Jennifer17 Former Member

Of course she didn't. They were all too busy with damage control for CW.

MintLeighf, misslili, MrsM and 14 others like this.
  15. tmar

tmar Well-Known Member

Hi Mellowmelly,
    That date was later confirmed to be a typo.
    I am behind, so perhaps others here, will answer you quicker than my response.

16. MsBetsy

In some places they do. Jodi Arias does.

17. human

human Well-Known Member

HayLouise likes this.
  18. JEM1975

JEM1975 Well-Known Member

Nice to see you back Johnny!! :)

angelainwi, RachB65, tmar and 4 others like this.
  19. nanwv

nanwv Well-Known Member

100% Agree. HLN's piece was much better. Was hoping there would be more from SW parents, friends, neighbors.

Listening to the audio of Frank and Frankie, they really viewed CW as your normal good guy, part of the family. This is what's (watts...sorry) hooking me to this story.

How did this "normal good guy" keep a lid on his darkness without anyone noticing, and then just let the volcano blow.

20. tmar

tmar Well-Known Member

I agree with you.
    I hope Sahn'ann's family continually receive donations everywhere for whatever reason, from anyone interested.
    They could then set up a 'memorial/a scholarship/an award/shrine', relating to their tragedy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.