GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #66

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by ColoGirl, Aug 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tmar

tmar Well-Known Member

Thanks Lilibet.:):)
    Couldn't work it out, so thought up, what this may mean.
    This certainly went on, and on, and on.

PrimeSuspect, k-mac and Mellowmelly like this.

2. Jennifer17

Jennifer17 Former Member

It is not an expression that we use but, I think it means pick your battles. Don't sweat over the small stuff.

tmar, Doghairrules, Alcina and 8 others like this.
  3. Pi Thoughts

Pi Thoughts Well-Known Member

I think he did leave them on. One hell of a rush to leave with their bodies. Leaving epi pens, phone, purse, shoes, bags behind. Just get out of the house and onto the next stage.:(

La Louve, tmar, Doghairrules and 7 others like this.
  4. book-thinker

book-thinker Well-Known Member

I appreciate your input. Why NK would drive so far north, would makes sense driving east on 104th ave,
    then head north on hwy 85 towards Brighton, Colorado.
    I have no idea where the Anadarko office is located. I guessing it's north of Brighton, Colorado
    Brighton is where CW wanted to find a apartment.

Mellowmelly and PrimeSuspect like this.
  5. k-mac

k-mac Well-Known Member

:D

Mellowmelly, PrimeSuspect and Hag like this.
  6. Jennifer17

Jennifer17 Former Member

I have to think that he was horrified by having his wife and two children's dead bodies that he wanted to get rid of or hide and that would have overtaken any other thoughts that he had.

kakadu, Tortoise, Mellowmelly and 4 others like this.
  7. Pi Thoughts

Bit frustrating re access to WS over the last few days.
    In regards to CW smirk in his porch interview, I have felt from day dot that it was more than duper’s delight.
    Duper's Delight
    I really feel for the first time in his life he thought that he had actually achieved to accomplish something by himself and was feeling pretty smug about it. Absolutely no sense of boundaries, morality, responsibility, understanding, empathy ..etc..
    Poor Shanann, who came from and loved and lived a family life, became entangled with an exceptionally dysfunctional man.
    MOO

La Louve, MintLeighf, abr and 23 others like this.
  8. Hag

Hag Well-Known Member

I know “duped” (deceived, tricked), but “ Duper’s Delight is not a term I’ve heard in my neck of the woods! :rolleyes:

Mellowmelly and PrimeSuspect like this.
  9. Jennifer17

Jennifer17 Former Member

And he came from a toxic family.

10. Pi Thoughts

Guess what, you will learn lots of amazing things on Websleuths :).

11. Jennifer17

Jennifer17 Former Member

G'day.

k-mac, Mellowmelly, SharonB and 2 others like this.
  12. Mellowmelly

Mellowmelly Well-Known Member

I would love to have been able to wipe the smug smirk right off of his face aswell, I’m just glad it was short lived and I can guarantee he’s not smirking now, what a complete whuss, he makes me so angry

angelainwi, tmar, Pasasana and 2 others like this.
  13. Tigerlily75

Tigerlily75 Well-Known Member

Do you know what podcast it was? I’m not sure I can stomach it either but I’m curious!

MintLeighf and Mellowmelly like this.
  14. Tortoise

Tortoise Well-Known Member

Probably the same reason he parked it at the airport, leaving it exposed to the weather, instead of getting a taxi as Shanann asked. To trash anything important to his wife. Like he tossed the book she gifted him in the trash. This is mindless hatred directed at Shanann. He can't do it in a confrontational way because then he'll get called out on it, he has to keep the mask of "good boy" on, so he does it slyly and derives satisfaction from it.

The pieces are falling into place for me, (moo) he was seething in a controlled way after Shanann 'hurt' his father and 'caused' his father to shun them all. From that point on he was planning how to kill Shanann. The children crept into his plan because they were mirrors of her and she adored them. His mindset is clear when he says we aren't compatible anymore and I've stopped loving you. That's how it happened for him, lights off. Now he had a new potential partner in the wings who would be his new feeder/supply so he was all set. Psychologically he stopped developing at about age 3 or 4 (moo). He never developed empathy for anyone except his father and that isn't even real empathy, it's reactionary and impulsive enmeshment rather than a rationalized thinking system, and it developed without his awareness, so very young. He is a boy locked inside a man's body.

I think he wrote the letter his family claimed to have and he wasn't clear at that point how he was going to do it, but it included the children. His mind set to work on the 'how' the week they returned from NC. But he had to retain the mask at all times, right up to the point of killing. His rage was ice cold and white, because the part of him that wanted to kick and scream and tantrum (the toddler) was killed by his mother. So he felt nothing but possibly satisfaction that he had avenged his father. I never intended to go from the parking of her car to why he committed the murders but it all followed on so I thought I'd get it out. :)

All MOO

15. Mellowmelly

Mellowmelly Well-Known Member

If only she had stuck to her word, she knew from the beginning it was wrong. And now unfortunately for NK karma is a real thing and she’s experiencing it as we speak, no doubt.

16. Applecross

Applecross Active Member

But he look terrified the day before. When he was watching the neighbor’s security camera recording he couldn’t hide his fear, when LE arrived, when he was questioned by anybody on that day, he looked ready to run for the hills! No duper’s delight on that day.

I wonder what happened between then and the next day to change his demeanour? Maybe he took some sort of anti anxiety drug already in the house, it wouldn’t surprise me if CW or Shanann had been prescribed meds in the past - something seemed to have calmed him down. Having said that - he was still pretty jittery at some points during the interviews, particularly the Denver7 one imo.

17. Gecko100

Gecko100 Well-Known Member

Yes you can Jennifer you are spooky with insights lol.

18. curiouschat

curiouschat Well-Known Member

What is the letter? Is it confirmed? I haven't seen it in any discovery documents so far or the parents mention it in interviews. I may have missed it though.

Tippy Lynn and Mellowmelly like this.
  19. Gecko100

Gecko100 Well-Known Member

There is no letter it was discussed by the DA at the presser after court, - none of the investigators had heard of it

IowaMom4, k-mac, Gardener1850 and 2 others like this.
  20. Tortoise

Tortoise Well-Known Member

The investigators had not seen a letter but that doesn't mean there was no letter. I think there was one and it didn't help his case so the family never passed it on to the police. If there was a letter they probably thought it showed premeditation and the Watts family were certainly not about helping to convict their son.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.