GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #67

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was a bit surprised by the former FBI profiler who contradicted herself a few times. She called CW a family annihilator (yep, correct) and narcissistic psychopath (Dr. Phil added “malignant“ on top of that). She also said psychopaths don‘t flinch when they take polygraphs (which is very true, they often pass them). Now, CW failed the polygraph big time to a point you didn‘t even need one because it was so very obvious he was lying.

She also said CW was soothing himself by rocking back and forth and crossing his arms. I can tell you first hand that a true psychopath does NOT need to sooth himself. LOL. There is nothing there to be soothed. They do not feel guilt, remorse, or shame, neither would they nervously lift their arms above their heads, or justify themselves when they feel cornered. True psychopaths are at their best when anyone else‘s world would crumble. They remain cool, calm, collected, charming. They certainly do not act like CW did, they‘d actually make fun of him. I can’t believe she put that bag of nerves CW on that spectrum.

IMO, MOO, JMO, and all that jazz.
Good points on what the Dr. Phil guests said. I remember reading something during this case that a psychopath doesn't need to self-soothe because they really aren't worried, concerned, or feeling any remorse. They don't have a conscience and they don't feel guilt or care. But that a narcissist does react and get rattled, because they care deeply about protecting their image. Being exposed as a fraud really gets to them. Their ego can't handle being cornered or what others will think.

CW was rattled, even when he was trying to act calm. The idiot also forget he was supposed to act worried about his family. He didn't show any remorse or sadness about that. But he was definitely showing nerves with dogs and drones, and all of SW's friends, family, the neighbors, and particularly NUA blew his flimsy cover story apart.

Good points on what the Dr. Phil guests said. I remember reading something during this case that a psychopath doesn't need to self-soothe because they really aren't worried, concerned, or feeling any remorse. They don't have a conscience and they don't feel guilt or care. But that a narcissist does react and get rattled, because they care deeply about protecting their image. Being exposed as a fraud really gets to them. Their ego can't handle being cornered or what others will think.

CW was rattled, even when he was trying to act calm. The idiot also forget he was supposed to act worried about his family. He didn't show any remorse or sadness about that. But he was definitely showing nerves with dogs and drones, and all of SW's friends, family, the neighbors, and particularly NUA blew his flimsy cover story apart.
Agree, I think you hit the spot. I see a covert narcissist, not a psychopath. He was panicky and worried too much about how he is perceived by others. Not typical for psychopaths, but narcs lose it when their mask slips.

rsbm
I wonder what about a man who will kill his wife and children is appealing to these women sending love letters? The mentality behind that is sick. It’s no wonder we have all these cases about the boyfriend/girlfriend who abuse and kill their kids.

(My nomination for post of the year! It is no wonder indeed!)

Hopefully that works.

Hi everyone, I've missed you all!!

Hi BabyButterfly and everyone. Finally caught up as best as possible to hopefully be able to hang with your guys’ conversation...

I have no words at the moment after finishing the full discovery, videos, etc. other than my heart could not have broken any more for Shanann (and of course Bella and CeCe) reading all that stuff. No words.

(ETA:
CW could not make me any more sick)

——

Marking:

Just wanted to bring this over. A little insight into inmate CW's "reception" to life without parole.

https://doc.wi.gov/Documents/OffenderInformation/AdultInstitutions/DCIAnEInmateHandbookEnglish.pdf

Last edited:
Can somebody please help summarize what you guys inferred/figured out about the oxycodone (iirc) google search reference in the discovery? Thanks in advance, there was no human way to read every post.

Last edited:
I did read that about NK entering witness protection. If true, how is that not kept, oh I don't know, confidential? The whole thing is so bizarre, especially after the whole Glamour shots photo shoot. But I will be thrilled if she just goes off somewhere to quietly live her life.

This whole story has been a rumor since back in August. I thought it was crazy then, and I think it's crazy now. This was not a federal case, but a state one. She was never a witness because there was no trial. NK is average enough in looks that she literally looks like a different person in every single pictures. Most of us probably wouldn't know her if we saw her. And then there's the fact that these kinds of things aren't announced since, you know, that contradicts the whole purpose of the program...

There is also some narcissism in that article about NK and "witness protection." (She may have been the source herself.) It stated that she may be one of the most "hated women in America." I hate to break it to her, but there are plenty of people who are hated more than her. As much attention as this crime got, outside of those of us who really followed it, most people are not even going to remember her name-much less what she looks like. There's always a new heinous crime popping up with even more people to "hate." In a few weeks, she'll most likely be forgotten by the general public.

Well said.

There is also some narcissism in that article about NK and "witness protection." (She may have been the source herself.) It stated that she may be one of the most "hated women in America." I hate to break it to her, but there are plenty of people who are hated more than her. As much attention as this crime got, outside of those of us who really followed it, most people are not even going to remember her name-much less what she looks like. There's always a new heinous crime popping up with even more people to "hate." In a few weeks, she'll most likely be forgotten by the general public.

I wholeheartedly agree. My husband didn't and isn't following this story like I do, and if said her name or showed him a picture right now of NK, he'd have no clue who she is.

Well, there’s state-run witness protection and then there’s the Federal witness protection program (WITSEC). If she received death threats (certainly possible, there are disturbed individuals out there), she will surely get some sort of witness protection by LE, but I don’t think she will get the Federal witness protection program/change of identity.

Glad to see this thread back up and running. I wonder what about a man who will kill his wife and children is appealing to these women sending love letters? The mentality behind that is sick. It’s no wonder we have all these cases about the boyfriend/girlfriend who abuse and kill their kids.

desperate for fame

Somewhere in the second document dump there are text messages between NK and a detective. She tells him she already got a new job out of state. I think it took her all of three weeks to secure new employment, IIRC. This Witness Protection stuff is a bunch of garbage.

It's also reported in today's Daily Mail article:

Kessigner also told authorities in interview tapes that were obtained by DailyMail.com under a open records request that she had left the state of Colorado and started a new job.
Killer Chris Watts' mistress 'is in witness protection' | Daily Mail Online
MOO
Did I read early on her relative is in the oil business? Maybe they helped her find a new job quickly?

There was a blue glove found there? I'd also like to know if the blue nitrile glove found on top of the Watts' refrigerator was significant.

Would any of this have been tested for DNA, and just not released in the documents??
Sorry LC, I edited my post to reflect I do not know where the blue nitrile glove was found but I assumed it was at the oil site. Guessing we are talking about the same glove, and YES I'm curious too !

Last edited:
NK has been placed into a federal or state witness protection program. She has been moved out of state, new name, new identity, new job.
With such a high profile individual, it will be difficult keeping her under the radar.

NK’s interview with LE, exclusive interview by Denver Post, a profession photographer giving her a softer look for the article.
With so much media attention, someone will realize who she is, and then what?
IMO

Last edited:
There is also some narcissism in that article about NK and "witness protection." (She may have been the source herself.) It stated that she may be one of the most "hated women in America." I hate to break it to her, but there are plenty of people who are hated more than her. As much attention as this crime got, outside Yof those of us who really followed it, most people are not even going to remember her name-much less what she looks like. There's always a new heinous crime popping up with even more people to "hate." In a few weeks, she'll most likely be forgotten by the general public.
Yes. I am so special that a man murdered his whole family for me. That makes me super special. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member