GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #68

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
I am not sure about the evidential requirements in a civil suit, but wouldn't the defendant's guilty pleas in the criminal case be overwhelming evidence for the plaintiffs?

What other stuff would they need?

Genuinely interested - I don't know what the cause of action requires

It depends on the cause of actionand the elements that need to be satisfied. But confessing to guilt indeed would be good evidence to satisfy a cause of action for wrongful death, for example.

However, I think thy may have filed it in part to force him to talk. Now apparently he has.

This is going to be painful. I can't believe he confessed this much, but if it dispels the beliefs in his first lying confession for those who still believe it, it is ultimately a good thing. So sad. He's more of a heartless monster than I realized.
That's what I was thinking but you put it in a more thoughtful way. Those ppl on youtube and FB, (and sometimes here) the CW apologists, have to be gobsmacked with facts so horrible that they will feel such shame to keep on attacking her. It will make reporting them easier, if it's true that he has confessed to such revolting, gruesome, hideous details.

Last edited:
From the article:

Convicted family murderer Chris Watts killed his daughter just moments after she pleaded for her life, according to Frank and Sandy Rzucek, Shanann Watts’ parents. The Rzucek family shared the details of the unreleased new prison confession during an exclusive interview with Dr. Phil. The episode of Dr. Phil’s show will air on Tuesday afternoon at CBS4.

According to the Dr. Phil show, the Rzuceks also shared what Chris Watts said to his daughters before he killed them in their home in Frederick. (Watts also killed Shanann.)

Last week, an attorney for the Rzuceks told CBS4’s Dillon Thomas his clients were briefed on the Feb. 18 prison meeting between Watts and investigators. He said his clients were prepared to share their story prior to the release of the audio recording, which is set to be released Thursday by the Colorado Bureau of Investigation.

Also:

Dr. Phil show promises Chris Watts’ full confession in Tuesday’s show on KOAA-TV
KOAA 5 will air Dr. Phil’s episode about the Chris Watts case Tuesday afternoon at 4 p.m. The episode promises an exclusive full confession from Chris Watts, including his daughters’ final words.

Last edited:
This is going to be painful. I can't believe he confessed this much, but if it dispels the beliefs in his first lying confession for those who still believe it, it is ultimately a good thing. So sad. He's more of a heartless monster than I realized.

It will not dispel their beliefs, IMO. They already are saying this was coerced, he was recorded without his knowledge, etc. They will never believe anything but the crazy story they've convinced themselves is true.

I hope this helped SW's family find some closure.

It will not dispel their beliefs, IMO. They already are saying this was coerced, he was recorded without his knowledge, etc. They will never believe anything but the crazy story they've convinced themselves is true.

I hope this helped SW's family find some closure.
You make an excellent point. I do think (hope?) it will reach SOME. But you are right...some are just too invested in their narrative to believe anything that does not validate it. I do hope at least some will see the light and stop their viciousness.

From the article:

Convicted family murderer Chris Watts killed his daughter just moments after she pleaded for her life, according to Frank and Sandy Rzucek, Shanann Watts’ parents. The Rzucek family shared the details of the unreleased new prison confession during an exclusive interview with Dr. Phil. The episode of Dr. Phil’s show will air on Tuesday afternoon at CBS4.

According to the Dr. Phil show, the Rzuceks also shared what Chris Watts said to his daughters before he killed them in their home in Frederick. (Watts also killed Shanann.)

Last week, an attorney for the Rzuceks told CBS4’s Dillon Thomas his clients were briefed on the Feb. 18 prison meeting between Watts and investigators. He said his clients were prepared to share their story prior to the release of the audio recording, which is set to be released Thursday by the Colorado Bureau of Investigation.

Also:

Dr. Phil show promises Chris Watts’ full confession in Tuesday’s show on KOAA-TV
KOAA 5 will air Dr. Phil’s episode about the Chris Watts case Tuesday afternoon at 4 p.m. The episode promises an exclusive full confession from Chris Watts, including his daughters’ final words.

I won't be able to watch it because I will probably want to destroy the television and the room in which it is being shown.

I'm so emotionally upset just reading what I have as to the teaser right here that I'm going to have to sign off from this thread for a while. I'll be back once I compose, but I just want to throw my phone against the wall right now.

Her parents, and the babies grandparents, are the strongest individuals and I so admire them for what they are doing, and *od is looking down on them, bless them! They are the epitome of how to handle yourself and actions to take in this situation.

That headline made me want to throw up. This is going to be horrific.
It will, but it’s likely going to be the truth though. That’s what the Rzucek’s want.

If I’m going to believe anything CW says, it has to both be supported by evidence, and make him look really bad (in his eyes).

The autopsy told us that Bella fought back, and her begging her dad to stop what he was doing, absolutely makes sense.

This makes him look like the monster we know him to be, and he knows that.

I think he went the distance here, and answered questions that we thought we’d never hear truthful answers to.

I don’t even know if I want to hear any more details. Ive long suspected Bella heard something and got out of bed to be comforted by her mommy. I don’t want to think she knew what she may have seen. I think she was the second one killed and then Cece last while sleeping. If CW tells us exactly how she pleaded for her life... How in the world does a 4 year old beg for her life, how does she even know?

I don’t even know if I want to hear any more details. Ive long suspected Bella heard something and got out of bed to be comforted by her mommy. I don’t want to think she knew what she may have seen. I think she was the second one killed and then Cece last while sleeping. If CW tells us exactly how she pleaded for her life... How in the world does a 4 year old beg for her life, how does she even know?
An exposé of his first, false, version of seeing Bella spread out on the bed (in the monitor), dead. Just that it was his own bed, where she was lying, dead with her murdered Mom, and then he went in to murder sleeping Cece. IMO

Last edited:
I was one who stated I did not believe he would plead guilty and would instead go through with a horrific trial, continuing to drag Shanann's name through the mud.

But that was after he accused her of killing her daughters. Before that, when he gave those interviews on his porch, I predicted that he would confess quickly.

He did confess. But only partially.

I also said there was no way the DA would accept a plea deal for less than guilty to the full charges. I was asked directly.

But yes, after his disgusting story about Shanann I thought there would be no way he would be able to admit to what he had done. Little did I know HE was actually not the one who came up with that story. The brilliant investigators did as a means of getting him to cough up the location of the bodies. Had I known they planted that idea in his head, maybe my thoughts about the possibility of him pleading guilty would've been different. I'm not sure.

But if you watch his interrogation tapes coupled with his initial contact with LE, he actually cracked pretty quickly. He was super eager to please them and sort of seems to display a narcissistic insecurity and desperation to be seen as the good guy.

The only time in his hours of interrogation that he showed true emotion was when they asked about his co-workers helping to find the bodies. He absolutely fell apart. "They're going to think I'm a bad guy!" He wailed hysterically.

It was amazing. Not moved one bit by his children. THAT is what got him.

And he was played so well by those investigators. It was embarrassing, really, how easy it was for them to break him. He was like a toddler you trick into telling the truth.

They built a rapport with him. We didn't have the benefit of knowing that either, after the news of his accusations against Shanann broke. He seemed to bond with the investigators and want to please them so badly. They were so good that people are still commenting on how gross it was and reprehensible that they rubbed his back and gave him sympathy, despite the fact that it was pure, brilliant technique.

I suspect now that he indeed has had a sort of come to Jesus moment. At least as much as someone like him can. Can we trust him? I've always felt anything he would say would be narcissistically self-serving and dishonest. But maybe with 23 hours per day in a cell and the realization that all he did led to absolutely nothing but disaster, maybe he is feeling the intense need to be a good boy once again and get his interrogators to give him that parental reassurance that he's a good person and doing the right thing.

I have a feeling he has desperately tried to be a good boy all his life. Tried hard to do whatever he could to please his mother so she would love him.

I don't know.

Here's what I do know: NK is NOT in witness protection. She would not be eligible. That's not my opinion. That's just not how that works.

It is my opinion though that they were done investigating and this has nothing to do with any real investigation into NK.

This case was incredible. Both what he did and why. And a chance to get further info in order to profile a maniac like him? Oh I think they'd jump at that.

Brilliant post! And the BBM part is the key to this new interview. Everyone involved, CBI, FBI, SW's family.....they ALL have an interest in getting to the whole story. (So do we!)
IMO it is nothing more than that. No new suspects, no new charges for NK, etc.

Can't wait for March 7th. My gut feeling is we will not be disappointed.

She might have known if she saw what happened to either her mom, or Cece.

When her dad came after her, she would have known that something was terribly wrong. This type of thing had never happened before.

We also know she fought back; hard.

During the struggle, she might have had the opportunity to scream out.

We’ll obviously know more tomorrow, but I hope for just a moment, his parents are able to comprehend the evilness of their son, and what HE did to their granddaughters.

I’m less than hopeful though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member