GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
You made a point that has been bothering me. Part of me largely believes this confession (although I do think there was some premeditations. But then this wording that Bella used. Like you, it does not sound natural for a 4 year old. (We have all seen previous video clips of Bella, and that was not her normal speech.) So that begs the question. WHAT is his motive for saying things that make him look even WORSE? Why does he want us to think Bella begged for her life?? Thoughts? Theories, fellow Sleuthers?
BBM

I agree that the verbiage is off for a child. I imagine those were not her own words. Perhaps she said something along line of "Please don't do that to me, Daddy" after witnessing CeCe's death.

Unfortunately, CW was deaf to her plea.
Moo

You made a point that has been bothering me. Part of me largely believes this confession (although I do think there was some premeditations. But then this wording that Bella used. Like you, it does not sound natural for a 4 year old. (We have all seen previous video clips of Bella, and that was not her normal speech.) So that begs the question. WHAT is his motive for saying things that make him look even WORSE? Why does he want us to think Bella begged for her life?? Thoughts? Theories, fellow Sleuthers?

I've been thinking about that, too. The words Bella supposedly said do not roll off the tongue easily. It's kind of an awkward sentence. He's not an eloquent speaker himself and I'd certainly buy that he made these words up himself. It sounds more like some of his clumsy sentences (I just want...I mean...if they're not safe...you know...like....I just want those kids back) Maybe he was paraphrasing? Or maybe he just flat out doesn't remember because it wasn't important to him at the time and now he's having to come up with something. (WHY he would make up something like that, that makes him sound even worse, is beyond me. He's not a barrel of sense making to begin with, though.)

Not in my experience, either. As an agnostic, I might not set my moral compass by a creator or figurehead, but I still have a moral compass. And some of the most horrible people I know have been "religious." This really is a case-by-case basis.

Agreed. I'm not religious but like to think I respect other people's beliefs. What I do have a hard time with is wondering how some seriously deviant people hide behind religion when they are doing evil things. It really is complex isn't it.

I think CW enjoys knowing that he's still relevant and news-worthy. He may never shut up. He may even be excited to know that there will be books and movies about HIM. He still hasn't told the whole truth.
Maybe he's waiting to be interviewed over and over again because he's so fascinating? He has nothing else to look forward to...

I don't know. I think there might be a telephone effect thing happening for some of this, or as someone else pointed out, it's just how HE said it.

I think he might have been trying to tell the truth because he found God and wants to be praised again as a good boy by the investigators. Maybe he thought he could squeeze in back rub. He seemed to have been particularly excited by the Powerade or whatever that they gave him.

But I just cannot trust that every detail is accurate. Because these murderers are complex and even when we think they're making themselves look bad and telling the truth, they sometimes can;t help lying, or have reasons to lie about other things, all for reasons we will never know.

I'm okay with that. We will never know the full truth I think. But I am very happy that he's incriminated himself in a way any sane person knows that no innocent person would, at this stage of the game. Because now the Shanann hate contingent will just look more unstable and vile than they already do.

This new information has people looking more closely at the surveillance video. If you can find it on a loop, you certainly see the shadow under the truck that follows Watts and who Watts bends over toward. If CW is telling the truth, it would more explain the shadow.

Didn't they love their own grandchildren, and why aren't they standing up for them? The million dollar questions!

I believe the answer lies somewhere in the Watts family dynamic. It seems very similar to the SP family. The dysfunction is very real.

CW's family did not attend his wedding; CW's Mom and Sister endangered the life of their granddaughter/niece by intentionally exposing the child to tree nuts when she was allergic; and they were capable of these actions and more because they do not experience or feel remorse.

I don't believe the Watts will ever accept responsibility, and they long ago proved their modus operandi was to to smear and blame.

I think the best the Watts family can do for SW's family is not an apology -- but just no contact, silence. MOO

Yes ma'am. Reminds me also of the Anthony family. They raised their precious grand daughter and still failed her.

Typically, you would consider both sets of grandparents victims here.

That went out the door when they went on tv, and inflicted tremendous pain upon the Rzucek family.

They trashed their daughter, pointed the finger at her, and all but accused her of murder.

The discovery documents made it clear that this was not an isolated incident, and they were not loving grandparents.

The Rzucek’s have been forced to go on the offense, and fight back against these vile human beings.

It should never have been that way, but is necessary none-the-less.

Good for them.
ITA

This new information has people looking more closely at the surveillance video. If you can find it on a loop, you certainly see the shadow under the truck that follows Watts and who Watts bends over toward. If CW is telling the truth, it would more explain the shadow.
I think that you see what you want to see in that video.

If you believe the kids were dead, you can make a case for it.

If you believe the kids were alive, you can make a case for it.

Personally, I do believe the kids were alive, but I’m not sure the video is conclusive enough on its own, to make that determination.

I believe it, simply because it is so depraved, and runs contrary to CW’s previous pattern of face saving behavior.

If he was going to tell the truth, this is what I think it would look like.

I don't know. I think there might be a telephone effect thing happening for some of this, or as someone else pointed out, it's just how HE said it.

I think he might have been trying to tell the truth because he found God and wants to be praised again as a good boy by the investigators. Maybe he thought he could squeeze in back rub. He seemed to have been particularly excited by the Powerade or whatever that they gave him.

But I just cannot trust that every detail is accurate. Because these murderers are complex and even when we think they're making themselves look bad and telling the truth, they sometimes can;t help lying, or have reasons to lie about other things, all for reasons we will never know.

I'm okay with that. We will never know the full truth I think. But I am very happy that he's incriminated himself in a way any sane person knows that no innocent person would, at this stage of the game. Because now the Shanann hate contingent will just look more unstable and vile than they already do.

Definitely ! People who commit criminal acts especially those who engage in depraved evil acts have very maladaptive thought patterns. Take pedophiles for instance.. Although there's a broad spectrum of offending types.. Many have bizzare thought patterns. Eg 'she was flirting with me' or the guy that takes a teddy bear to a playground and waits for children to approach him then believes 'they came to me' etc.

The big question is whether they are manipulating their thoughts to serve a purpose eg make them feel better about what they are doing OR do they really believe it in the first place.. eg their thought patterns really are disturbed at the time of their actions.

I'm with you guys in that there will be elements of truth in his latest story mixed in with what he wants us to believe driven by his own self fulfillment.

I think CW enjoys knowing that he's still relevant and news-worthy. He may never shut up. He may even be excited to know that there will be books and movies about HIM. He still hasn't told the whole truth.
Maybe he's waiting to be interviewed over and over again because he's so fascinating? He has nothing else to look forward to...
Welcome to WS

Welcome to Websleuths, Vegasgrl. :)

Not me! Some of the best, most ethical people I have ever known are atheists or agnostic. And in my years working at religious schools (which I did), some of the most hateful, bigoted people I've ever met called themselves religious or people of faith.

But I find the question fascinating. Can a psychopath believe in God? If not, why not? I wondered this a lot during the casey anthony case. Did she ever lay awake and worry about her soul?
OOPS - Sorry - I am actually an atheist. I meant to say there is NO correlation. Eek! I know so many highly ethical people who are not particularly religious and vice versa.

Last edited:
In my experience religious affiliation and how deeply one believes seems to have correlation to whether they will do unethical things or even break the law. But that's just my observation. I think human beings in general are hypocritical creatures.
Too late to edit - I meant seems to have NO correlation. Just FYI.

BBM: I do believe the girls were alive when CW transported their dead, pregnant mommy wrapped in a sheet to the shallow gravesite she was left in for wild animals to predate upon..

Furthermore, I do believe that baby Bella, just 4 yrs old and very intelligent, (from what we have seen in Shanann's videos) witnessed the worst thing any child could see: her father killing her mother. She KNEW it was wrong but he tried to manipulate her into thinking mommy was sick. Little Bella was a darn sight more intelligent and intuitive than stupid CW thought she was.

Why would CW lie about such a vile thing?

IMHO, he had already planned a life without the girls and Shanann, but he didn't kill Cece and Bella until he got to the oil tank site and then decided C&B were liabilities, and Bella MIGHT tell about what she saw him do to her mommy. Thereby justifying his evil actions.

The toddlers were disposable things he didn't want in his new, buff life with NK, his dream of an Audi Q7 and big biceps.

MOO.

JMO, I believe the ONLY reason he killed Shanann, Nico, Bella and Celeste is because they stood in his way of starting a new life with NK.

Any father who had any love in his heart at all for his daughters would never have been able to have given those porch interviews or acted as he did during his interrogation, IMO. There was no sign of conscience or remorse whatsoever for what he knew he had just done to his innocent little daughters. That alone tells me he pre-planned their murders.

IMO, in that truck, Bella would have been freaking out. She would have known that Shannan wasn't moving or making any noises and she would have known something was horribly, horribly wrong with her mother. Celeste would have been chiming in. Why would selfish and heartless CW put himself in that position when it would be so much easier for him to just kill them in the house and then transport them?

I think it is entirely possible there was an argument and Shannan told him he'd never see the kids again. I also think it is also entirely possible that Bella walked in and saw something. We know Bella had an injury that shows she struggled. She was awake. I believe he probably gave details that included elements of the truth.

Maybe in his twisted mind he thinks it somehow looks better for him if he says he didn't plan it all out in advance and he was reacting first to what Shanann said, and then because Bella saw something? IDK, but I'm just having a hard time believing the girls were killed at Cervi 319.

All MOO.

I think that you see what you want to see in that video.

If you believe the kids were dead, you can make a case for it.

If you believe the kids were alive, you can make a case for it.

Maybe I'm nuts, but I have watched the video quite a few times, and I just don't see what folks are talking about regarding supposed "shadows". If just to get better clarity, I was hoping there might be a version that literally points out everything as it supposedly happened, but as of this moment, I just don't see these shadows... I really don't. Can anyone explain what to look for and where? Doesn't the camera show CW on the far side of the truck? IMO, it's so blurry and I can't figure out a thing from it. If he's on the far side of the truck, away from the camera, I truly don't know how anyone could see him, much less see him "bending over" as described by some folks. Thanks y'all!!!

The autopsy report is not conjecture and IS very much factual. The girls did not have broken bones from being shoved through the holes. At no place in the autopsy report does it state that bones were broken, only that one of the girls had scratches on her buttocks from being placed into the tanks.

Exactly!

What the heck is going on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads