GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #69

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by ColoGirl, Aug 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Only4Justice

Only4Justice Well-Known Member

I thought about that but wow that’s really taking a chance. God Bless All parents of murdered children.

Sometimes I don’t want to know things in life. I figure I’m better off not knowing certain things, but I am I am not a mother of a murdered child.

2. MindHunter13

MindHunter13 Verified Forensic Psychology Expert

3. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

It was stunning. On the level of casey Anthony, IMO. I was pretty shocked.

pendyjo, PrimeSuspect, Artis and 17 others like this.
  4. Loveallmyhorsesdogsandcats

Loveallmyhorsesdogsandcats Well-Known Member

I still don’t think his version of a fight triggering him to murder her is accurate. According to this version the kids did not witness him killing Shanaan, only wrapping her in a sheet. The fight/threat was that he would not see his kids again so he kills her then proceeds to kill the very kids that he was so upset at being threatened that he would never see them again he murders- does not make sense. He was already disengaged from those kids in order to kill them. I still think he planned to dispose of his whole family regardless of what they may or may not have seen.

NoClouseau, Artis, wyldcynic and 16 others like this.
  5. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

(Hi fellow giraffe :))

(ETA: @PommyMommy, how do you do that adorable giraffe emoji you did that one time?)

I still wonder if the girls ever got to see Dobby (see avatar) at the Denver Zoo.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  6. Colorado303

Colorado303 Verified Insider Watts Case

Dr Phil this week said he had to have broken bones to put them in the tank. That was a clip from an earlier show taped before autopsy results came out. It makes sense that someone watching his show would believe bones were broken. While many of us have poured over the discovery documents we’re fairly unique. I understand why someone might be confused. Hopefully anyone who watched Dr Phil then came here now knows where to go for full info.

Glow, NoClouseau, Artis and 19 others like this.
  7. Best of What's Around

Best of What's Around Well-Known Member

I agree he never loved them in the traditional sense. In his first fake confession, when backing up why he murdered SW, he says at one point "I helped make those babies." I thought it was an odd thing to say for why you loved your children. Another point he says he was closer to CeCe because he didn't know what he was doing with his first child when she was born so she didn't bond with him right away. I totally understand not knowing what you are doing when you have your first child - but that doesn't affect bonding at all. He means he learned how to get his kid to depend on him enough to want him to put her to bed at night. MOO

NoClouseau, Artis, Traymar and 15 others like this.
  8. gitana1

Yup. I don't believe this had one thing to do with rage or a fight. He planned it. All of it.

9. Only4Justice

Only4Justice Well-Known Member

I thought about this. I sure as hell hope so. What a ***:mad:

PommyMommy, MsBetsy and SaguaroSpirit like this.
  10. ReckoningDay

ReckoningDay Well-Known Member

Indeed Still hoping for charges, if it is found that she had the slightest inkling of what happened.

11. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

I don't think NK coerced him to kill his family, but I do think his determination to be with her may have influenced his decision. I'm not sure if he would have gone through with it if he didn't have a "replacement" lined up. Imo

Tora Gahan, Artis, Traymar and 14 others like this.
  12. Inthedetails

Inthedetails Well-Known Member

Snipped.

Nope. Up until this very week, I assumed the girls were killed before SW arrived home.

jmo

13. Best of What's Around

Best of What's Around Well-Known Member

I think this article embellishes the attorney's words as to what happened. He said that CW claims SW said those words, and "as a consequence of that, he strangled her." Or something to that effect. He never said it was in a rage (though I'm sure CW will insist it was). We don't yet know what CW says transpired exactly - just that those words are what angered him. Guess it is neither here nor there - as I don't believe CW. But journalists can be sloppy!

14. SaguaroSpirit

SaguaroSpirit .

Seems to me his whole life has been "putting on a show" for whoever he is around at the time. The last month before the murders the mask slipped and he was showing his true self. As far as CW "finding God" I find that absolutely absurd and I suspect God does, as well. CW and God do not exist on the same plane, in the same universe IMOO. Not remotely.

15. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

(Yeah that article sucks)

(ETA: from one giraffe to another :) )

(ETA2: They must’ve read my mind because they just made an additive key clause (see BBM) which was missing:

“Christopher Watts, the Colorado man who is serving a life sentence for killing his pregnant wife and two daughters, drove the girls along with their dead mother's body on a 45-minute drive to a secluded oil field where he smothered the youngest with her favorite blanket and killed his 4-year-old after she watched her sister die and pleaded with her father for her own life, BBM an attorney for the wife’s family said.”

—-

@PommyMommy or anyone, have you found a transcript yet for yesterday’s show? DO’s archcive links are all wonky...

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  16. stg

stg Well-Known Member

That is the epitome of psychopathic behavior. They do not show real emotions like you and I, or even understand them, but they sure know how to fake/mimic them in the right circumstances as a pity ploy or to gain an advantage or power over another.

PhoebeTries, Artis, Traymar and 11 others like this.
  17. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

Yes, and your last sentence sums it up very well.
    I think he loved them about as much as a narcissistic psychopath could. Imo

18. Bravo

Bravo Well-Known Member

But, but your our Penelope and MassG is our Kevin :D

MsBetsy, PommyMommy and SaguaroSpirit like this.
  19. gitana1

What I noticed is that when he lies, he whispers sometimes. Or chokes out the words. So he can barely say it: "I didn't....kill ...them." Pauses and the word "kill" was half swallowed and very soft.

Same when he talks to his father.
    "She...smother..." "It was just...rage."

He also has this gaspy, pleading tone and sometimes fake cries.

I will be listenting closely.

20. dreamwarrior66

dreamwarrior66 Well-Known Member

I'm inclined to believe his story because it's far, far worse than what anyone had theorized happened to the girls. I don't think he got pleasure out of it. The acts of murder was a means to something--a life with his girlfriend. From interviews and videos you could see that he's an awkward person. He's not all there with his kids and he wasn't all there when Shannan told him she was pregnant. The guy feels no empathy. No remorse and no emotions when he was describing what he did to his family. His gf didn't want kids. His mind thought literally, if there were no kids in the picture he could have a future with his gf. Why didn't he divorce his wife then and give her full custody? His gf would've understood the lies eventually. Surely it would've been easier to explain his lies to his gf than try and get away with murdering your family?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.