GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #69

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by ColoGirl, Aug 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lil Miss Sleuth

Lil Miss Sleuth Member

I don’t even know what to say after reading the account of what happened to his family. I have never been more horrified and sick. This is heartbreaking on a whole new level. I don’t think I was fully prepared for all of that.

2. kay74

kay74 Former Member

So he said Shanann didn't fight back or scream, well didn't he have her arms pinned?

3. kay74

kay74 Former Member

I'm interested in what Ma and Pa Watts say, IF they give a statement which I doubt. He definitely was on a rampage when he did this.

4. Cinnalauda

Cinnalauda Usually just lurking

For me it's not becuase there is something in his eyes, it's because there is NOTHING in his eyes. They are souless.

5. WhatDidYouDo

WhatDidYouDo Well-Known Member

Perhaps I'll feel different when I hear the audio, but the text account rings true to me in all its sick and twisted ways.

6. Loveallmyhorsesdogsandcats

Loveallmyhorsesdogsandcats Well-Known Member

My take is killing Shanann was easier for him than admitting the affair which fits with his concern for his image.

7. SouthernSleuther

SouthernSleuther Well-Known Member

Humanity.

8. Loveallmyhorsesdogsandcats

Loveallmyhorsesdogsandcats Well-Known Member

“In the back of my head I knew this was going to happen “. That’s as close as he is going to get to telling the truth.

There is no way Shanann would just lay there and not fight back, she would fight with everythunf she had for her girls and Nico. He pinned her down or prevented her from being able to fight back.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
  9. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Dillon Thomas on Twitter
    In his hours-long confession...a sniffling (presumably crying) Chris Watts tells investigators, "I hear it every day, when Bella was talking to me....When she said, 'Daddy, no!' I'll have more from the #ChrisWatts confession on @CBSDenver at noon.

:mad::(:mad:

10. scandinavian girl

scandinavian girl Well-Known Member

I just started listening to his voice in the interview, why does he sounds like he is telling an anecdote of a nice family vacation...

11. Colorfuel

Colorfuel Well-Known Member

He’s just emotionally very, very cold, that’s his nature. I suspect that he is actually replaying all this is his mind repeatedly though, and trying to make it compute, rather as he claims. A poor analogy is that it’s like he’s trying to run software (books, Bible, other people’s statements about the murders) but lacks the hardware to process it. Is running it on the wrong system.

This is actually more than many psychopathic/sociopathic criminals ever do. I give him no credit for that because it doesn’t give Shannan and the girls their lives back. It’s kind of worse, in a way, because he had a chance to live a decent life, and a lot of psychopaths never get that chance as their environment doesn’t mitigate their condition.

Traymar, BrownRice, gitana1 and 11 others like this.
  12. ReckoningDay

ReckoningDay Well-Known Member

Absolutely this! ^

MrsM, gitana1, sassyblue and 5 others like this.
  13. Tigerlily75

Tigerlily75 Well-Known Member

What he did to those girls is beyond disturbing.

BELLA asked him in her soft voice, “Is the same thing gonna happen to me as CECE?”
    He is not sure if he told BELLA “yes” like a horrible person.

evil as it gets.

evil.

14. mtnlites

mtnlites President of the Imaginary Friends' Club

Chris says that people ask him, "Why didn't you call 911", to which Chris replies, "You don't know what you'd do unless you were in that same situation."

Okay, hotshot, nice try. I can almost guarantee you that the majority of people would NOT kill everyone else in the house and then dump their bodies. I know that when my kid died I called 911. It didn't once occur to me to go on a murderous rampage and then hide the evidence.

15. Colorfuel

Colorfuel Well-Known Member

He “doesn’t remember” pinning her arms, which I take to imply he did pin them, but I haven’t put together the mettle to listen to all this audio yet.

Because it’s simple, either he pinned her arms, or not. Just like it was so simple in his original interviews that he absolutely did not put the girls in the tanks alive—oh no, no. Forceful denial.

16. PommyMommy

31 page CBI report included in the article

Christopher Watts confession details murders of Shanann Watts, daughters
    The confession, made to investigators during a Feb. 18 prison interview and detailed in a report released Thursday by the Colorado Bureau of Investigation, is the first time Watts has confessed publicly to killing his daughters. He said he smothered Celeste, 3, first and dumped her body in an oil tank while 4-year-old Bella watched. After watching what happened to her sister, Bella asked, “Is the same thing gonna happen to me as Cece?”

He then smothered Bella, who fought back.

17. violet101

violet101 Well-Known Member

Beyond sick. Poor Bella knew the whole time what happened to her mom and then had to watch her dad kill Cece. Then she begged her dad not to do the same to her. He can’t just say he has found god now and there is forgiveness. There is no redemption for that.

18. cakegirl0905

cakegirl0905 Well-Known Member

He still isn’t taking responsibility. “It wasn’t me” “something made me do it” “I couldn’t stop” “I was angry at Shannan”. Not one ounce of owning this. And: WTF WAS HE ANGRY ABOUT?!? Shannan pretty much cried and was devastated? She had emotions when he said he didn’t love her?
    Oh, and, he didn’t kill himself too because he didn’t want to hurt more people other than himself. Oh, OK. Let’s just ignore the four people YOU JUST MURDERED.

And that photo. He’s not at all sad. He’s enjoying the attention.

I wonder how NK feels knowing SHE wasn’t enough to keep CW from cheating on her. I hope she really, really feels it.

19. scdiv

scdiv Well-Known Member

Damn these investigators are still so good. They are amazing at keeping up a front like he's just your average wonderful guy. And keep him talking, talking, talk.

20. PommyMommy

Christopher Watts admits to murders of daughters in CBI interview
    Christopher Watts told agents he strangled Shanann while the two were in bed after she found out about his affair with a coworker and said she would leave with their children.

He told the agents he put both of his hands around her neck and strangled her, but said she never really fought back.

He then told agents Bella walked in to the bedroom and asked what was wrong with her mother. Watts said Bella saw him drag her body down the stairs, which also woke up Celeste.

Watts told agents he loaded Shanann's body, wrapped in a sheet, into the backseat floor of his pickup, then had his daughters get in the backseat before driving them out to an oil site.

He told agents once he arrived at the site, he unloaded Shanann's body on the ground as his daughters asked, "What are you doing to mommy?"

Watts told the agents he used a blanket to smother Celeste first as Bella sat right next to her. He told agents Bella asked, "Is the same thing gonna happen to me as Cece?"

He then said he used the same blanket to smother Bella, with her last words being "Daddy, no!"

Watts told agents he then buried Shanann's body and dumped his daughters into separate oil tanks. All three were later reported missing by a family friend.

Christopher Watts denied any involvement initially, but eventually told police that he killed his wife after she killed the couple's daughters.

In the prison interview, Watts said the idea of blaming the girls' deaths on Shanann came during an interrogation and he "just went with it."

"I never thought about that story... and, you know, that's what my attorneys were going with."

George Fayne, MrsM, StarEyes and 14 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.