GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #69

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by ColoGirl, Aug 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trident

Trident Well-Known Member

Good post. I believe this guy is a STUPID psychopath. I know we usually thinks psychopaths are tricky/whatever, but this guy has nobody home. Even so, he killed 3 living and one unborn, then did stupid things. Even now he doesn't seem to comprehend what he's done. It's like he's enjoying this, enjoying his own idiocy.

Haze, JEM1975, SBTrinity and 16 others like this.

2. cakegirl0905

cakegirl0905 Well-Known Member

The reasons I said this are:
    She saw her mom dead and was made to sit in the car with the body. She knew something was wrong with her mom, followed Chris through the house as he disposed of her. He made her watch the body of her mother be dumped in the grave.
    Made her watch her sister being murdered and then dumped in an oil tank.
    THEN he murdered her while she begged for her life. THEN googled a song about power over those who cower under you at the freaking murder site.
    She knew every bit of what was going on. He let her sit with that terror. He psychologically tortured her, and then got off on the power of it all.

3. Best of What's Around

Best of What's Around Well-Known Member

YES, their job is to be actors and chess players. You have to see through what they say to what their motives are. They know the way to get CW to talk is to agree with him and put ideas out there and see where he goes with it.

4. scdiv

scdiv Well-Known Member

Unreal. Yes, I am sure that is exactly what was going through Shanann's head as her husband suddenly started killing her. o_O

5. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

Yes “WAS”.
    (Porch interview)

pendyjo, Colorfuel, gitana1 and 4 others like this.
  6. Trident

Exactly, more flies with honey than with vinegar

7. Best of What's Around

Quite possible. I tend to believe it was just that he didn't care not that he got off on it. I don't believe there was any rage. Any out of body experience. Just a plan, that didn't go exactly as planned, but still came off as he had hoped. This was not a last minute bad series of decisions he wants people to believe. I'm just glad he admitted to murdering the girls. How he doesn't see how terrible it looks goes to how he doesn't think like others. I'm glad they caught him off guard and didn't give him time to prepare answers.

ETA: there is no history we know of for CW to be the type who gets off on the physical torture of others. I believe he gaslighted in the past, but that was to just benefit himself - I don't believe it was to hurt others. MOO

8. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

In his own words: Chris Watts describes murders of his family in chilling detail
    “I don’t even want to say it felt like I had to, it just felt like there was already something in my mind that was implanted, that I was gonna do it and when I woke up that morning, it was gonna happen and I had no control over it,” Watts said of the strangulation death of his 34-year-old wife Shanann Watts.

[...]

Watts said he was shaking after he saw his wife die, and it felt like a “traumatic event.” His 4-year-old daughter Bella must have been awoken by the noise, Watts said, and came into the room holding a blanket.

[...]

Watts told investigators he wrapped his wife’s body into a sheet and loaded her into his truck. His 3-year-old daughter, Celeste, was also awoken by the noise, and he put his two girls into the backseat and drove to a rural Weld County oil field.

The report says Watts buried his wife while his two younger daughters were watching. He said he smothered Celeste first with a blue Yankees blanket and put her body into an oil well.

[...]

“Every time he closes his eyes, he hears Bella say ‘Daddy, no,’” the report says. “He hears it every day.”

Watts said he killed his daughters because he was “angry with Shanann” for separating him from his family and that he went “into a rage.”

“I don’t know if that had something to do with it,” Watts told investigators .”That something inside me just triggered and it then it just like, all that pent up from the wedding and everything … it’s like a long fuse that finally just went to its end.”

He claimed that Shanann and his mother never got along, and he was angry his wife told him his parents could never see their grandchildren again.

[...]

Watts said the Wisconsin prison is radically different than the Weld County jail, where he said inmates would yell at him at night and tell him all the ways he could take his own life in his cell. He said he prayed to God to leave Colorado.

Watts told investigators that he has pictures of his wife and daughters in his cell and that he “talks to them every morning and every night.”

During the interview, Watts claimed that he reads the “same book he used to read to Celeste” to “his daughters” every night.

“He wished it never happened and he never had a blinder over his eyes and could have seen what was going on,” according to the report.

9. Love Never Fails

Love Never Fails Well-Known Member

No. That WAS their job. They did it. He confessed.
    Now they have flown all the way to Wisconsin to hold his hand and rub his neck like Ronnie did while he weaves in and out of his truth and lies. They had to lead him the first time. This time all they had to do was turn on the recorder!
    They gave him another opportunity to throw Shanaan under the bus.

La Louve, Annicade and ZsaZsa like this.
  10. scdiv

scdiv Well-Known Member

He misses Shanann's cooking.... :mad:

11. Trident

I believe many would be surprised to know the percentage of people who "don't think like others".

Colorfuel, gitana1, Lulu777 and 2 others like this.
  12. mtnlites

mtnlites President of the Imaginary Friends' Club

These interviewers are magnificent. They have him laughing and being perfectly candid as he discusses his killings. It's almost like they're all reminiscing about a shared, happy memory. And a lot of that is because they are SOOOO good and that makes him feel relaxed. They have him totally offguard.

13. pinkie60

pinkie60 Well-Known Member

He went to and from the house to the truck 3 times. If the girls were alive he could take them both on one trip and then he would have made 2 trips. I haven't watched the entire video just snippets but I don't buy this new version.
    He's blaming her again. He strangled her because she told him he would never see the children. I don't believe if there was an argument that she would have ever said that
    He had this planned. He called his coworker on a Saturday to volunteer to work at the oil site so he could be alone to dispose their bodies.
    IMO. there was no argument. He wanted the least drama and resistance as possible. He probably kissed her and told her everything she wanted to hear when she came home and exhausted she probably went peacefully to sleep and then he attacked her. I think he killed both girls in their beds.
    It probably gives him some recognition and ego boost to be of so much interest to the media and cover up that he planned it. JMO

14. Best of What's Around

GOOD FOR NAU for setting up the media interview(s) for CW! She is an even bigger hero than I ever knew in this case.

15. ab01

ab01 "What is done in the dark always comes to light"

Replied to add
    He had plenty of time to thank about how it was all going to end while the wife and kids were away.

For people to say that oh Shanann set him off is an insult to the Rzueck family IMO!

This was nothing less than Premeditated Murder!!!!!

I don’t care how CW tries to spin it.

Or anyone else for that matter!

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
  16. ab01

ab01 "What is done in the dark always comes to light"

No doubt!

kittycat3, pendyjo, gitana1 and 6 others like this.
  17. BingoBongo

BingoBongo Inquiring minds want to know.

I truly believe that evil exists. And that, if allowed, evil will take over at times.

That does not mean I believe that CW has an excuse! HE CHOSE. HE ALLOWED THAT EVIL IN.

JEM1975, La Louve, gitana1 and 7 others like this.
  18. Love Never Fails

Love Never Fails Well-Known Member

Its strange. What you think is magnificent, I say is uncalled for. It makes me sick to my stomach. What is in a person to want to hear him laugh? We already know this guy is sick. He is already locked up. He murdered four people!

19. Misy

Misy Well-Known Member

Thank you!

gitana1 and PommyMommy like this.
  20. Misy

Misy Well-Known Member

Thank you so much PommyMommy! You’re the absolute BEST. <3

JEM1975, gitana1, Pasasana and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.