GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #69

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by ColoGirl, Aug 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lstiff

lstiff Well-Known Member

I just finished reading Watts Interview 02.18.19_Redacted(2) | Special Agent | Plea
    and my heart hurts. I'm impressed (?) that most of the sleuthing/guessing about the events was close to accurate but never would have imagined the details he shared about the girls. IMHO (don't stone me) he does feel genuine guilt and I'm just not sure how to feel about that. His actions are inexcusable and horrific so how do I hate the man who really regrets what he did and wishes he could turn back time? I guess I'm just thankful I haven't experienced blind rage and that he told the truth? Such mixed emotions.

IMO

2. Doghairrules

Doghairrules Well-Known Member

Interesting, isn’t it, that as much as this largely absolves Shanann of causing these murders (although he couldn’t apparently do it 100%), it confirms every single thing we’ve been thinking about the Watts clan. Have to stop typing now to avoid a time out.

MrsM, pendyjo, Alcina and 22 others like this.
  3. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)

I'm never going to totally catch up. For anyone who has listened to all of the interviews: Did CW explain why he stripped the sheets from the girl's beds too? If the girls were killed at the oil site why did he tell NK that their sheets "smelled" and he needed to wash them when he facetimed with her on the bare mattress?

George Fayne, Seenit, vela341 and 8 others like this.
  4. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Wow, Tammy Lee is asking him what they could have said "that night" to get it out of him. She is so amazing, trying to learn from this. He said he couldn't admit it to himself or to his attorney's until two weeks later.

MrsM, pendyjo, PhoebeTries and 25 others like this.
  5. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

They asked him that and he said, "no." They warned him not to fall into the trap that so many other people have following this case - SOCIAL MEDIA.
    MOO

Alcina, BioInspector, kimpage and 8 others like this.
  6. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

Admission to premeditation:

“Everything that happened that morning I just don’t — I don’t know, … like, I try to go back in my head … I didn’t want to do this, but I did it … it just felt like there was already something in my mind that was implanted that I was gonna do it and when I woke up that morning, it was gonna happen and I had no control over it.”

MrsM, pendyjo, kirkassoc and 31 others like this.
  7. mtnlites

mtnlites President of the Imaginary Friends' Club

His voice broke and he seemed to be caught offguard and legitimately surprised. Kind of this weird mix of pathetic hopefulness and shock.

MrsM, PhoebeTries, Traymar and 13 others like this.
  8. Traymar

Traymar Well-Known Member

I'm way behind but just wanted to weigh in on the idea of CW finding God. IMO, and I am not religious, but CW didn't find God or a higher power. What he found was a concept: via accepting the Christian God, you are born again, forgiven your transgressions, and made "good" again.

IMO, CW imagines that God and religion provide him a mantle of irreproachability. For someone so desperately preoccupied with his reputation yet utterly incapable of exercising personal accountability, such a notion would be heady stuff indeed. It's the perfect mask, excuse, and fortress all in one.

All MOO, as always.

9. Jessthinkin

Jessthinkin Well-Known Member

If only HE said that and it's not supported by independent evidence, I completely doubt that his IQ is anywhere near that high...

10. gitana1

I wondered that too. I think she maybe sensed danger. When he did t get off her when she said he was hurting the baby, she grew scared. Her mind may have told her he couldn't truly hurt her but her instinct maybe warned her so she sort of froze?

MrsM, Christineisfab, Alcina and 18 others like this.
  11. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

So before all this, iirc, I think the conclusion that was reached here re: the credit card retail charge that went through on Shanann’s account was that it must’ve been an autopay, was that ever confirmed, because now the timeline of Shanann being asleep is potentially discredited during these hours, is this right?

(paused at 7:11...this is going to be a long day...making a strong pot of coffee...)

12. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

Yup. Premeditation but also some distancing as well.

He basically said:

“I didn’t decide to do this, something inside me made that decision for me.”

“Bad Chris did this, not good Chris.”

He still can’t take full responsibility.

MrsM, pendyjo, kirkassoc and 31 others like this.
  13. Sallyo’malley

Sallyo’malley Active Member

evil incarnate

14. gitana1

Beautifully written and intelligent post.

Cinnalauda, Traymar, Seenit and 9 others like this.
  15. BingoBongo

BingoBongo Inquiring minds want to know.

I believe he had probably flirted with the idea numerous times, but nothing concrete came of it...almost a "geeze, if they didn't exist, I could do this..." type thinking.

He OPENED that door, and the idea festered until it became reality. He chose to open that door, and eventually that door took over.

JEM1975, Seenit, Mitch11 and 10 others like this.
  16. Doghairrules

Doghairrules Well-Known Member

Ita. And shout out to you, @MassGuy, and others who nailed him, NK, and all the dynamics at play early on in this process.

I found his descriptions of his rage very telling. He had never felt rage before and it took over, etc. I would argue that he’s never felt anything before. That’s another example of him minimizing actions that he was in control of.

I am literally sick to my stomach over all of this and have been since early this morning. I hope to
    God his family is having a very bad day. No one deserves it more.

pendyjo, Traymar, thistle and 14 others like this.
  17. Best of What's Around

Best of What's Around Well-Known Member

"I don't want to think I am a cold hearted person" - "I just don't show emotion like other people do" - "I've never known why"

I think he means feel emotion like other people do.

MrsM, jenspired, kirkassoc and 28 others like this.
  18. SausagePizza

SausagePizza Well-Known Member

Very interesting interview. I have not listened to all of it since it is so long. What I have listened to is wild. I think it made him feel better, just to talk to people. It is such a sad sad story.

thistle, Seenit, Mitch11 and 7 others like this.
  19. BingoBongo

BingoBongo Inquiring minds want to know.

I may have missed it, but didn't hear any true repentance in his words.

You can't find God, until you humble yourself completely and TRULY repent your evil actions.

I'd LIKE to think he found God, but doubt it.

JEM1975, MCDRAW, TTF14 and 10 others like this.
  20. Jessthinkin

Jessthinkin Well-Known Member

Agreed, they deserve Oscars...

21. zea mays

zea mays Well-Known Member

Yeah - there's no indication that he knew this would ever be released. Which is kinda funny, really, since everything else has already been released. Why would this be different?

The suicide thing was very telling to me. "so many people would've been hurt" - pretty much all the people he ALREADY hurt. So why not? Because he didn't want to die.

Possibly this. If it happened the way he said, I think this scenario likely explains the lack of defense. If they truly never had a screaming argument or anything like that before, she may have not conceived he could ever REALLY harm her.

With infidelity, there's a well known phenomenon called the "trickle truth" - where the cheater tells the partner some of the story and says that's the whole thing, then later some other evidence or issue comes up and more of the story comes out (and reveals some lies from the first "complete story"), and then more. This can go on and on. I think that's what's happening here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.