GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #70

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by ColoGirl, Aug 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Safeguard

Safeguard Well-Known Member

We should all have to spend a week with our potential in-laws, before marriage, trapped in a really small space under adverse conditions!

I'm not giving Chris the Mommy excuse. Granted it looks like I missed the worst of the Watts, (Thankfully!), but if "in-law hate" created murderers, I'd be dead now. My in-laws thought that I was totally against them because children complicate things. I had a lot of ( I felt, valid), concerns about their care of my children when they were very small, and I didn't let them baby sit, or have the kid's overnight because their lack of common sense was alarming. There is no "nice" way to say, " Don't feed my two month old infant chocolate you moron!" Or "please don't let your drunk neighbor, who we all know is "A Nice Man" pick up my toddler...

The talked a lot of Chit about me, and were a factor in the divorce, but not the cause of it, (but now, my ex, to whom I've always remained close, doesn't want out daughter around them either lol!), but he didn't KILL me.
    Chris Watts is what he is and the pressures he felt are impossible to understand from a normal vantage point, but I believe he was born without a human soul.

MrsM, EvaBell65, jking and 9 others like this.
  2. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

Yes it was. :)

@gitana1 you rock!

I feel so honored to have discussions with you. :)

Ps:
    I was soooooo tempted to call in, I came “this close”!
    (Couldn’t decide which voice scrambler app to use though haha)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
    MrsM, EvaBell65, Traymar and 11 others like this.
  3. MemPat

MemPat The EARTH without ART is just EH.

gitana1, izzies, Seenit and 5 others like this.
  4. Noreen McGurl

Noreen McGurl Cluelessone

Did you notice whenever they touch upon why he did this why he did that he changed the subject and he can't remember and it was like somebody was controlling him and please don't persecute me for bringing it up again but it reminded me of the mistress when she avoided questioning... that is consistent with denial=lie?!?!

EvaBell65, LeeAnnB, Seenit and 3 others like this.
  5. Safeguard

Yes. plus, she really seemed to be a family oriented woman. She put a lot into her relationships, and it's hard to give up on something you've invested SO much of yourself in, she even created a businesses that could include her family, and DIVORCE would be the the opposite to THRIVING.

She should have soared. She had the spirit and the energy! But she ran into a dark, evil roadblock. Absolutely tragic.

EvaBell65, jking, LeeAnnB and 7 others like this.
  6. Noreen McGurl

Cmon these with these henchmen for the devil are not even worth us discussing in the same sentence as CIA and conspiracy theories!?! Lol

EvaBell65 and Gardenista like this.
  7. BingoBongo

BingoBongo Inquiring minds want to know.

I love that they chose to make this statement, and they did it with grace and compassion and honesty.

I wish I were as giving, but I fear that if I were in their shoesI would have lashed out at the Watts family until they would have bled emotionally!

MrsM, EvaBell65, WhatDidYouDo and 5 others like this.
  8. Noreen McGurl

And as far as the mistress being in Witness Protection Program I would say she never had much of a life so they put her into a mental hospital in another state and she's going to be there for a few months where maybe she'll get out and may have to change her name because she's warped from this but was also warp to begin with I don't give her enough credit to be in Witness Protection Program sorry not sorry

EvaBell65, jking and Seenit like this.
  9. Kensie

Kensie Well-Known Member

No doubt, NK's life has been changed more than likely for the worse.

A few romps in the hay has definitely impacted her life in a negative way but at least she is alive and was not disposed of like garbage. The lives disposed of like garbage did not deserve their horrific demise.

EvaBell65, Mo Thuairim, jking and 5 others like this.
  10. BingoBongo

Exactly. You don't learn to keep your hand out of the fire until you realize it's hot and can hurt you.

You can't protect yourself from fire until you know what it is and learn to recognize it.

Seenit, PommyMommy and MsBetsy like this.
  11. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

Re: tonight’s podcast, I thought @gitana1 ‘s thoughts on being raised by a narcissist were very interesting.

Qmfr:
    @gitana1 had some good thoughts on this tonight, something along the lines of it’s more than this. (Very humbly paraphrasing, would never want to misquote.)

ETA: Gitana, you are every much as beautiful and bright as I thought you would be. Thanks for keeping us around. I wanted to catch you on the other (3?) podcasts but never got to, must’ve been when I was knee deep in 1960 pages of discovery documents for a month lol)

12. Safeguard

But that would have made you like them, you see? Why emulate something you hate? I don't understand why they, (Watts), couldn't have just shut up! Say nothing, don't "Go There", even if they felt compelled to defend, or explain the actions of their child.

13. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain't The Ones Beneath The Bed

Ha! Because they are the Watts.

No attack against their “golden boy,” could have gone unreciprocated.

Hell, despite his guilty plea, they still believed he was innocent of killing his kids.

He was coerced by his lawyers.

He pleaded guilty to spare his family.

I doubt that even now, after his full confession, they believe he did this.

They think he is still walking out of prison.

They will be sorely disappointed. The delusion is strong there.

MrsM, sassyblue, Colorfuel and 13 others like this.
  14. I've watched this case because of another case coming up and wanted to see what a trial was like. I'm interested in an attorney's take is on my theory: maybe even a psychiatrist.

My belief in a nutshell. I do not think Chris Watts falls in the category of a classic sociopath. They have no remorse for things. Chris does show extreme emotion with things (and maybe it's not just a case of remorse for getting caught): sometimes the seeming lack of emotion could be an extreme emotion in and of itself. I believe in my heart of hearts that he has something similar if not the exact traits of a person with Borderline Personality Disorder. A person develops BPD in child hood and the connections for one reason or another in the brain itself do not connect like the average person without BPD. Many borderlines have a smaller hippocampus
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    cited one case study:
    Hippocampus and amygdala volumes in patients with borderline personality disorder with or without posttraumatic stress disorder

"Results
    Hippocampus volumes of patients with BPD and PTSD were smaller than those of healthy controls. However, there was no significant difference between patients with BPD but without PTSD and controls. Impulsiveness was positively correlated with hippocampus volumes in patients with BPD."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cited from another source:

Low Empathy Associated with Borderline Personality Disorder

“Our results showed that people with BPD traits had reduced activity in brain regions that support empathy,” said the study’s lead author Dr. Brian Haas, an assistant professor in the Franklin College of Arts and Sciences psychology department.

“This reduced activation may suggest that people with more BPD traits have a more difficult time understanding and/or predicting how others feel, at least compared to individuals with fewer BPD traits.”
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm wondering if his upbringing crossed the line to where his parents treatment were beyond the threshold of that to where if he is indeed suseptable to developing BPD that it was considered a "Traumatizing Experience for him". If he indeed has a malformation to where the hippocampus volume is smaller then there might be a viable explanation to all the questions everyone is seeking with this man. People who have no clue what happens in the BORDERLINE MIND and EMOTIONS will NOT under any circumstances understand the anger and rage totally especially with that lack of empathy that is involved with the disease. I have BPD and I've experienced such a rage before that could have ended in disastrous results. The PTSD with the trauma suffered in child hood could very well have been a missed diagnosis or even today could be diagnosed by a trained professional as latent onset PTSD. Or even Latent Onset Complex PTSD.

IMHO This man had a very controlling mother who was manipulitive to the point of placing her own grandchildren in harms way just to get her way, which I will cite that she placed peanuts on a table, in which one of her own grandchildren was deathly allergic to, while the children were outside to spite her DIL because she wanted to be in control for her own selfish purposes. That is really showing me how this women doesn't care who she hurts in the long run to make her point or get her own way. What mother upon meeting the mother of her son's fiancée for the first time would dare speak down on another mother's child like she did about SW to her mother?

THEN A man marries a woman like "his mother". (A woman marry's a man like her father). Sociological studies state that. CW Marries SW (NOT SPEAKING DOWN ON THE WOMAN HERE I'm going by what has been said in the past but I do have respect in every way for her). SW was controlling for a very different reason. Instead of selfish desires or gain, her reasons for being like that was definately beyond a doubt for the health and well-being of her family. Whether she was obsessive with it I don't know. IMHO. She was a great woman....a good find! A KEEPER! She knew how to get things done.

THEN CW goes and confuses himself with an affair with a woman of a different type. He got his freedom with her. THEN SHE gets upset with him and deletes all his messages because he never told her about the baby. Which is HUGE! So I don't blame her ...although I do blame her for continuing an affair with a married man which I absolutely no doubt feel she knew about. As soon as she found out that should have been it.

He has TWO WOMEN who are in his life supposed to be THE MOST IMPORTANT women in a man's life: his wife and his mother bickering and fighting. (I am not placing blame. I'm just looking at it through his eyes). His escape using a woman was this woman he had an affair with and then SHE was angry. SO every woman in his life is angry.

HE IS NOT SEEING what is going on. ALL HE KNOWS is all this anger around him.

(THOSE POOR LITTLE GIRLS THROUGH THIS BECAUSE this was affecting them moreso than it was for CW and then ....I won't even go there because it breaks my heart).

ALL THIS MOO as a person with BPD....now... to explain this to others without it....a doors hinges comes loose....you are there tightening that screw to get that door on better. A person with borderline is replacing the whole door. A person without borderline their emotions from all intense purposes fluctuate throughout the day on a scale from one to ten from four to five or six back down to a four........with borderline those same emotions you are feeling go from a two to a five up to an eight or nine back down to a two. If we get stuck on one of the two extremes it's bad. WITH ANGER being that emotion being stuck up there on the nine I really can see this all happening exactly the way CW explains in this latest video with the anger from that said argument lingering even with the children especially since those precious little faces did resemble SW more that CW.

I am satisfied he's telling the truth here. I don't need to have an explanation other than the fact that he stated: He was angry. MOST PEOPLE do NOT kill when they are angry...they delete texts, they rip up photos, they work out (which I would have liked to see CW work out)...anything other than harming, especially an innocent precious little one. I have no doubt he loved every single one of them too. Hence the back and forth of why he didn't save them. (spare their lives would be a better description). CW probably doesn't understand why he couldn't stop himself. He probably has never been to a psychiatrist or therapist lest it is now in prison.

............MOST WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND THIS with mental health issues...none of it.
    I'd like to see him get his brain tested and all that for his own personal understanding and for the understanding of the family's and friends on both sides of the courtroom to get a better answer.

The brain of a borderline does misfire and is seen on those tests. Too the hippocampus can be measured.

I'm not excusing what he did I'm just trying to shed light on it.

Most of this is MOO and My guess is as good as yours without the personal experience of having BPD I could never be able to understand that anger either...but it is indeed like CW stated...it's beyond an anger...it's a rage.

God bless and my heart goes out to each and every family member in this case. I have no answers as there have been instances to where even the most hardened criminal has been forgiven by his maker on his literal death bed in a sentence carried out. I am no judge only our maker can make those determinations. ~Marie

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2019
  15. pinkie60

pinkie60 Well-Known Member

I wonder if he was afraid Shannan would confront NK. He was extremely protective of NK

Seenit likes this.
  16. 2Hope4

2Hope4 Well-Known Member

But according to CW, Shanann didn't fight back, so what noise would have been heard in a strangulation? So much of what he claims in his confessions doesn't make sense. It defies logic.

LeeAnnB, njlady, k-mac and 5 others like this.
  17. BingoBongo

No, you can't truly be like them unless you are devoid of healthy emotion and consumed with a sickness of heart.

The Watts seem to care only for themselves, and to such a degree that they are able to shut out anyone else's experience.

CW learned his lack of emotion from his parents I believe.

MrsM, PommyMommy, Seenit and 2 others like this.
  18. Quinquin

Quinquin Pres. Titus and Eden Fan Club

Yes. My antennae went up because I can't believe Bella slept all the way through whatever happened that night. The "obviously" comment that slipped out is telling.

MrsM, EvaBell65, WhatDidYouDo and 2 others like this.
  19. NuttMegg

NuttMegg Well-Known Member

Well, Chris Watts said his IQ is that high. He's said a lot of things, like his wife was placidly praying while he choked the life out of her.

MrsM, EvaBell65, Traymar and 12 others like this.
  20. MemPat

MemPat The EARTH without ART is just EH.

As I again watch the video of Chris confessing to his dad, it appears he doubts Chris' story even while also appearing to emphasize what Chris should say to the detectives.

How must it feel to know that his son sat there and pretended to be pouring out a heartbreaking story while lying through his teeth?

Surely the dad has watched this again and understands what an accomplished liar his son was/is....

But maybe not.

EvaBell65, jking, LeeAnnB and 10 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.