GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #70

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by ColoGirl, Aug 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jessthinkin

Jessthinkin Well-Known Member

Agree! This was not a "social" call (as much as CW seemed to enjoy it as if it were...)

EvaBell65, scdiv, gitana1 and 7 others like this.
  2. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Oh no, sorry about that! I don't see the full episode up yet on his FB or YouTube, but it is on YouTube if you search for it (I can't link it per TOS). :(
    MOO

3. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t the Ones Beneath the Bed

Exactly. But the appearance of a “social call,” served them well.

No cameras, no audio equipment, just a few old friends having a friendly chat.

Of course this was recorded.

A great deal of psychology was employed here.

MrsM, EvaBell65, Mo Thuairim and 17 others like this.
  4. PommyMommy

He is getting therapy/counseling but refused meds.
    MOO

5. La Louve

La Louve For Whitney and Teghan

Thanks anyway, PM. I appreciate you trying.

I did search youtube but can't find it.

I rarely watch DP as he annoys me so much, but I actually took a late lunch last week so I could go home and watch part 1. Shoulda done the same thing today, I guess.

6. molly1255

molly1255 Well-Known Member

Yep!

7. Jessthinkin

Jessthinkin Well-Known Member

Agreed. I listened to every bit of it :( and I must admit that as repellent as he is, I'm pretty fascinated with him as a "specimen", for lack of a better word. He did strike me as pretty lonely and desperate for their comaraderie, simulated acceptance, and feigned friendship.

8. PommyMommy

And, he was receptive. When Coder asked him if he would speak to them, CW said, "definitely."
    MOO

Traymar, LeeAnnB, scdiv and 17 others like this.
  9. Best of What's Around

Best of What's Around Well-Known Member

And started off with the disarmingly easy questions asking about affairs they suspect he didn't actually have...MOO

MrsM, EvaBell65, Traymar and 14 others like this.
  10. MassGuy

Yup.

General stuff about prison life.

A comfortable set of questions that they knew he wouldn’t be bothered by (affairs he didn’t have).

Then a slow progression into more difficult topics.

Traymar, angelainwi, scdiv and 13 others like this.
  11. pinkie60

pinkie60 Well-Known Member

But they didn't tell him he was being taped and would be shown to the media

Seenit, Jessthinkin and Pasasana like this.
  12. MassGuy

Yup, and they couldn’t, not if they wanted to get the most out of him.

That would have potentially crippled their chance at success.

Way too big a risk.

They violated no laws, and finally gave Shanann’s family a measure of closure.

13. Tigerlily75

Tigerlily75 Well-Known Member

Did you listen to the interview? They had a whole conversation about them just turning up unannounced. If they were lying about surprising him, CW would have to be in on that lie and play along. And there’s obviously no way on earth that happened.

He has 23 hours a day in his cell to think. He would have been preparing answers had he known they were coming. They couldn’t risk that.

Sure they did take a risk he wouldn’t talk to them, but it was a calculated risk and one that paid off. They already had intel from the Rzucek’s lawyer that he was being very open and forthcoming during their phone conversations (in relation to the wrongful death suit).

It’s the closest to the truth as we’ll ever get, and it was candid, rather than rehearsed.

14. Best of What's Around

Best of What's Around Well-Known Member

Correct. And as I understand it, it was not their decision to release it as unredacted as it was - it is the law governing the release of this information to the public in CO. It's not like they are trying to make it into a circus.

Mo Thuairim, LeeAnnB, scdiv and 10 others like this.
  15. MassGuy

That’s right! Good ole Colorado open records laws.

16. molly1255

molly1255 Well-Known Member

I agree. And in terms of turning something into a circus, CW was PT Barnum himself in his porch interviews and he knew those were going to be televised and all over the Internet.

17. Charlot123

Charlot123 Well-Known Member

Well, he is in his cell 23 hours out of the day, he is probably withering without human company. Of course he was desperate for any contact. He used to live with an extroverted, gregarious woman, and a house with kids. Silence and solitude are hard to bear. And when the unexpected guests left, didn’t he fall asleep? These 4 hours must have felt like very intense communication to him.

angelainwi, jking, gitana1 and 2 others like this.
  18. opalonyx

opalonyx Well-Known Member

He's probably been rehearsing already for his parents coming to visit. He has probably been trying to find ways to sugarcoat what he did. So I'd suspect that's why he came out with a mixture of truth and lies.

The whole story about arguing with SW before he killed her, I bet that's what he planned to tell his parents. He knew they'd want to know "the trigger", why he killed her. He didn't expect they would ask about a host of other things. They are ready and willing to believe what they want to hear at any rate.

The difference between rehearsing for his parents and for investigators is a matter of what questions to ask, how to ask them, and when. I imagine investigators are trained in things like physical cues and body language, how to read it and how to affect their own. They also know the facts of the case and how to trip him up, something his parents wouldn't know how to do.

Just a theory. A likely one IMO

Mo Thuairim, LeeAnnB, scdiv and 8 others like this.
  19. NanZDrew

NanZDrew Well-Known Member

Exactly. And you know CeCe would have probably even realized something was wrong when he was dragging SW down the steps with her feet bumping on each step. Then to cover her feet and head with a bag in the truck. It would have been far less cruel to kill them at home. Instead, he extended their fear and horror for over an hour taking him to that site. Bella loved CeCe and was so protective of her. I can't imagine how she felt seeing her little feet kicking as she was drawing her final breaths, and seeing him take her limp body from the truck. He is the most evil of persons.

MrsM, EvaBell65, kelseykixx and 14 others like this.
  20. NanZDrew

NanZDrew Well-Known Member

This is so true. CeCe reminded him of SW, but Bella was quiet and sensitive like him. I guess killing Bella was a bit like killing himself.

jking, gitana1, Seenit and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.