GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #70

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by ColoGirl, Aug 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yawningreyhound

yawningreyhound Well-Known Member

^^^^THIS^^^^^ I thought I was the only one who saw CW's smile as baring teeth. I see it in some of Patrick Frazee's smiles, also.

CalmSeas, Hazelnutty, Seenit and 6 others like this.
  2. Iam Nana!

Iam Nana! Well-Known Member

mickey2942 likes this.
  3. molly1255

molly1255 Well-Known Member

I found what I was referring to. A little after 51 minutes into his prison interview, Coder asked CW to recount the last few minutes of Shanann's life.

CW said she got home around 2:00 a.m. and he never knew if Shanann's flight was delayed, or if Shanann had just sat around and talked to NUA.

If he'd had any doubts about why she was late that night, he could have easily looked up her flight status online. Just bizarre.

MrsM, Traymar, BrownRice and 18 others like this.
  4. opalonyx

opalonyx Well-Known Member

Geez, just imagine all of the drama going on back then. You have NK having breakdowns because her lover is going home to his wife, you have SW (understandably) livid that CW refuses to stand up to his mother, you have Cindy Watts calling CW and crying on the phone and then crying to his friend on the phone when CW is mad at her. Then apparently his father was mad at him too because of the whole nutgate mess. This plus two toddlers and a new baby on the way.

It's a mess of his own making so I am not expressing sympathy. In each conflict, the common denominator is he doesn't take responsibility for himself or make any tough decisions. He is essentially watching the fire burn and sitting back and doing nothing until everything is engulfed in flames. He was pushed into making a choice on his own and he couldn't handle it. The circumstances he created caught up to him and he couldn't sit there passively any longer. And strangely, he saw the aftermath of his family going "missing" (ie murdering them and covering it up) as less of a daunting task than dealing with the fallout of his poor choices.

MrsM, Traymar, BrownRice and 18 others like this.
  5. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

(Hmmmm...)

6. yawningreyhound

yawningreyhound Well-Known Member

My quoted material didn't show up, but it was about Watts enjoying prison.....

Which brings to mind, if you all were watching the Arias trial, her assertion that her "food was all caramelized onions and everything" in Perryville. Right. You just keep on talking, just keep on.

7. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LIVELIKELIZZY

Agreed!

And does anybody doubt that SW didn't send him a "boarding at last" text just before going in to airplane mode.

This idea sure smells the work of CW2 and company to me.

Traymar, BrownRice, CalmSeas and 15 others like this.
  8. kaykay543

kaykay543 Well-Known Member

I don't think this is the reason. I don't think he had any thoughts of rigor mortis or what it does. I think he was just in a big hurry as someone could have shown up there at any minute.

Seenit, Jessthinkin, kimpage and 9 others like this.
  9. Pasasana

Pasasana Well-Known Member

All three parts are great. I linked them here, but they were removed.

10. NuttMegg

NuttMegg Well-Known Member

Another thing that bothers me is that the media made a big deal about SW supposedly telling him if there was a divorce he wouldn't see the kids.

But, he actually admitted to CBI/FBI that (according to him) she said that "before". No, not that night which drove him into a murdering "rage."

MrsM, Traymar, kaykay543 and 19 others like this.
  11. Loveallmyhorsesdogsandcats

Loveallmyhorsesdogsandcats Well-Known Member

No words for how despicable it is for lies to be still be created and disseminated after he has confessed and serving his life sentence. The depths of denial, hate and deception seem to know no bounds within his circle of contacts.

12. pinkie60

pinkie60 Well-Known Member

Should have said it makes perfect sense in Chris's mind
    He said she was crying with mascara running down her face when they were arguing. However the video of her going in the front door, she looks like she had been swimming or had taken a shower. Did not look like she had makeup on
    Another thing that stuck out he said he had to change the sheet because her bowels released, yet she was wearing underwear when her body was recovered. Seems odd he would have put underwear on her
    I hate to mention these things but he mentioned the odor in the truck. Does a body start smelling that soon ? I wondered if he killed her more around 2:30 and carried her outside then and the body was in the truck a few hours before taking off for cervi

13. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LIVELIKELIZZY

Agree, and thanks for earlier reference.

I also believe the same extremely valuable to all that were upset with the agents (misunderstood) approach on 2/18/19.

Seenit, Jessthinkin, Pasasana and 4 others like this.
  14. NuttMegg

It's hard to put together coherently, because that's not the way he speaks. But, the emphasis he put on....he should have gone to the game with his buddy, none of this would have happened..........told NK no that night, that all hell would not have broken lose. Broken lose on him of course as everything is passive for him, he doesn't cause anything. But the point I'm making is that he mentioned that several times, IIRC, which leads me to believe that something important happened that Saturday night aside from using the blue credit card which meant SW would see the charge. IE your suggestion of an ultimatum.

SW was home for a week or so, and that so far there was not a single move towards divorce that he could show her, well I believe she said something like:

Leave her or I'm out of here. And, if it weren't for her kids we could spend the night together, you didn't even tell me before that you had to be home at 10. Fix it, or we're history.

Plus he talked to her that Sunday night for nearly 2 hours, IIRC.

Situation reaching maximum drama by the time she walked through the door.

I know I've mentioned a version of this before, but I think Saturday was one of the times he "talked her off the ledge". They went to 2 different restaurants because she didn't like the menu or the seating arrangements...she was having a snit fit, clear to me.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    MrsM, Traymar, CalmSeas and 15 others like this.
  15. DaisyKenny

DaisyKenny Well-Known Member

I am certain she never threatened that he wouldn't see his kids. That was the lie he was going to use to explain their disappearance if his original plan had worked.

CalmSeas, Seenit, Jessthinkin and 9 others like this.
  16. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LIVELIKELIZZY

I believe CW clarified the "odor" Bella cited as roadside
    skunk -- which is very common in early mornings in outer town area near Cervi.

17. NuttMegg

delete

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  18. ZsaZsa

ZsaZsa Well-Known Member

I realize that the agents were 'playing' him with their flattery and ol' Einstein didn't even know it, although I'm sure he has figured it out now- but I so wish that at the end of the day after they had got all the information the Rzuceks wanted, they could have stuck the knife in just a bit. Just do some brutally plain speaking and leave him with some pithy thoughts to ruminate on.... It would have made a big difference to how I feel about that day, to hear SOME recrimination. So much to say to him and they said essentially nothing.

Seenit, kimpage, pocketaccent and 3 others like this.
  19. scdiv

scdiv Well-Known Member

This is such a good quote!

Oh, good point! Especially because it created some light hearted banter over that somewhat of an odd character guy who inserted himself into this case. It wasn't just a question about an affair CW didn't actually have - it was also a little bit of "hahaha, could ya believe that dude!" bonding. Tammy was like, "I interviewed him!" And I think that little conversation helped put Chris at ease that they believed him, were bantering with him, and not out to "get" him.

I liked an assessment Dr. Phil made in Monday's episode about how the narcissist in this case only sees things from their own perspective so they get so caught off guard when asked about any loose ends or things that don't make sense. It totally fit how CW acted right after the murders and sounded like a total moron when asked easy questions. He had no idea. He really hadn't thought about it. Like we've discussed on this board as well - it seemed like he kind of just expected that people would believe whatever he told them. As if someone would really respond, "Ah, so you think she just kinda vanished? The kids are going to a different school? You're moving? Oh, okay. Have a good day." Instead, NUA from the very start and LE was like, "Well where did she go? What friend's house? What about the CeCe's medication? Why would she leave her phone??" And CW looked like a deer in headlights. "Uh....." He never stopped to see how it would look from anyone else's perspective. Dr. Phil explains it a lot better than me, but I had an aha moment when he said that.

20. NuttMegg

IIRC he said "maybe" it was skunk or something. Leaving it unclear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.