GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #70

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oops, thanks. Maybe I got mixed up because she was looking for an apartment for him in Brighton? Or do I have that wrong too?
She found an apartment she said was perfect for him near the girl's school. I remember that well because in her interview, she said she didn't know where the girls went to school. :rolleyes: I don't know if the apt. she found was in Brighton, though.

CW and SW talked about moving to Brighton, and CW told NK when they were talking about apartment hunting that he liked Brighton and he wanted a two-bedroom.
MOO

Chris said his mother still thinks he is being railroaded?
I'm assuming that was before she heard his latest confession. After all, she did say she wanted to here from him what really happened, and would accept it if he admitted it.
Has anyone heard of any statements from them or anything about how they are feeling now? Or is there basically complete silence?
Still silence (unless you count participating in conspiracy theories on SM).
But he insinuated that's how they felt up until the recent confession.

Watts said his attorneys never pressured him into taking a plea deal and they were “ready to fight” for him, but his parents still feel like he was “railroaded” into accepting the plea agreement.

Chris Watts grisly murder confession: ‘Reality turns out to be much worse’ than DA imagined

According to Chris, he was happy and content in his marriage prior to meeting NK. Prior to the murders, Shannan had already contacted a realtor to sell the house and downsize , she was on board with correcting their finances. I don’t see the finances becoming a motive in 5 or 6 weeks, I see them as an excuse. He repeateded several times if not for NK, he would still be married and I think he was being truthful. He could never articulate a specific reason for his so called rage. I think he was able to disconnect from his family because they no longer were what he wanted, he wanted a different life. He stated in his interview he got used to not having to deal with kids, to being a bachelor, that doesn’t happen in 5 weeks unless you are void of the eternal emotions that would keep you attached and bonded to your children.
I actually think that they may have been having some problems and that was one of the reasons that Shan'ann visited so long in NC. She was thinking that absence would make the heart grow fonder. In Chris' case it was out of sight, out of mind.

I do think that he liked the bachelor life; however, it would have come at a high price. He wasn't willing to pay that price. In his psychopathic mind, he figured that murder was the answer.

I agree that normal parents have a deep love for their children. There is no way that a normal person would even think of murdering his/her children. The instinct is to protect. In Chris' case, he was so self-centered and self-focused that he didn't have those feelings.

I also believe the constant conflict surrounding Shan'ann and the girls gave him an extra incentive. If you notice, his parents asked for Chris' things back from the house and asked for nothing of their grandchildren. That, to me, shows that they also had little to no attachment to his girls.

I hope you all realize that I am just speculating and can certainly be wrong. I often am...My husband would certainly agree with that sentiment. ;)

I don't think he felt strange having sex with his wife because he had been having an affair, and I certainly don't believe it was a "trigger."
I believe he said it felt strange because he knows it's twisted to have sex with your wife when you know you are about to strangle her to death. Imo
Oh, my goodness! I had not even thought of that.

Investment in a new home includes furnishing it, not just making a dp.
CW in his latest confession suggested that SW and NUA's plane was not really delayed. That comes straight from the podcasts which attack SW, that she chose to miss a plane, got drunk, provoked him into murderous anger. His fake anecdote was just a watering down of that, and since he claims not to have internet access, only the people who call or visit him could have spread that to him.
CW could have gotten a part time job, as a well-paid mechanic for a few hours a day. Instead he spent time and money on a mistress. He didn't really have any monetary stress, he handed his paycheck straight over to bills, and spent the attaboy money cards on strange stuff instead of things for his family to help out his wife.
SW had started dealing with a realtor, but contrary to what he implies, the new downsized house was to be for the family, not just for her and her kids.
Why mention the furniture she sold to a home buyer? So what? How does that contribute to being a stressor to CW?
To work their way out of debt, why do you think she had to think about getting another job? She was already making more than her husband, working from home, what kind of job do you think she should have applied for which would earn more? How do you know they didn't "agree" on the status of their employment?

Agree, and if she had lived, she would have continued to make even more doing exactly what she was doing. A lot more. JMO.

I actually think that they may have been having some problems and that was one of the reasons that Shan'ann visited so long in NC. She was thinking that absence would make the heart grow fonder. In Chris' case it was out of sight, out of mind.

I do think that he liked the bachelor life; however, it would have come at a high price. He wasn't willing to pay that price. In his psychopathic mind, he figured that murder was the answer.

I agree that normal parents have a deep love for their children. There is no way that a normal person would even think of murdering his/her children. The instinct is to protect. In Chris' case, he was so self-centered and self-focused that he didn't have those feelings.

I also believe the constant conflict surrounding Shan'ann and the girls gave him an extra incentive. If you notice, his parents asked for Chris' things back from the house and asked for nothing of their grandchildren. That, to me, shows that they also had little to no attachment to his girls.

I hope you all realize that I am just speculating and can certainly be wrong. I often am...My husband would certainly agree with that sentiment. ;)
I think you are right about all of that except I don't think he ultimately wanted the bachelor life.
He needed someone in his life to guide him and make him feel good and I think NK was the replacement. Imo

I wonder if those furnishings were bought by her first husband and she wanted nothing to do with them.

That is possible. I believe she probably broke even on the sale of her house in N.C. and it would have been extremely expensive to pay a moving company to move the furniture to Colorado. Shanann had lupus, so I don't see her loading up the furniture into a moving van and driving it to Colorado, but CW is a strong, healthy guy. Why didn't he do that?

What I see in him during his marriage is pretty much a lack of initiative. He put in his eight hours a day and called it good. The only reason he had the benefit of this image that was so important to him was because of Shanann's efforts, IMO.

Although, if there is a book, we will probably be the first to read it! I think there are many people who are fascinated by the human mind.
Nobody really cares about Watts or whether or not he gets attention. He's in prison, and will never be popular there.
Researchers will be interested in this case for years. It will be a valuable case study and much can be learned from it. Even his lies can be analyzed.
I bet they never imagined they would get so much from him so soon. Imo

I don't find them fascinating. I find them boring and dull, even when they are being what's considered charming. They don't have human minds, as if they are part of a general population. They have the consciousness of parasites who are merely seeking survival. I encountered them in my former work, and I unfortunately lived a case study of one in my family that was punctuated by the worst tragedy. I don't give a flying rip about their 'innerworkings'.

I came to believe years ago that they can only be identified and sorted and managed, "Managed" simply means educating about what they do, including the manipulative and insidious ways they enter relationships and gain control. The sociopath next door is often more dangerous than the hunting psychopath on the streets ( ex. killer of Morgan and Hannah), because they are entering the lives and stories of others in such obscured and masked ways.

There is, in my observation, almost a romanticized cultural narrative about the 'specialness' of what we're calling a 'psychopath'. We always hear about how much can be 'learned', but the truth seems to be so far, given the absence of any revelations no matter how many of them are 'studied', that they are all basically doing the same things on a continuum and through social portals.

Watts and people like him are the ones that care about the spotlight, so giving it to them via fascinated attentiveness is the provision of fuel. JMO

There is nothing that indicates there were marital problems, or that marital problems were the reason Shanann went to NC for weeks. She went to visit her family, as well as his.

The neighbor, Nate, later did an interview in which he stated he over exaggerated the fights he claimed to have heard to the police officer who was at house when they viewed his security cam video the day Shanann and the girls went "missing".

Although, if there is a book, we will probably be the first to read it! I think there are many people who are fascinated by the human mind.
Nobody really cares about Watts or whether or not he gets attention. He's in prison, and will never be popular there.
Researchers will be interested in this case for years. It will be a valuable case study and much can be learned from it. Even his lies can be analyzed.
I bet they never imagined they would get so much from him so soon. Imo

There was an e-book put out by NVDL a very short while after the Watts case came into the spotlight.

He continues to put out his poorly researched and hastily written e-books and considers himself, per his Amazon profile, "a widely-published investigative photojournalist and bestselling author. He is one of the most prolific authors in the world with an expertise in true crime."

Ugh, the guy is a first-class @$$-clown and his own biggest fan.:eek:

moo

There was an e-book put out by NVDL a very short while after the Watts case came into the spotlight.

He continues to put out his poorly researched and hastily written e-books and considers himself, per his Amazon profile, "a widely-published investigative photojournalist and bestselling author. He is one of the most prolific authors in the world with an expertise in true crime."

Ugh, the guy is a first-class @$$-clown and his own biggest fan.:eek:

moo
Yeah, I think that's the one MG read and basically summarized for us.
I think I'll wait for the books by legitimate psychologists.

Didn't he admit he screwed up in the prison interview by contacting the realtor and the school that morning?
And he was sure eager was to sell the house because he had the proceeds earmarked to replenish his funds to woo NK with and to buy a new Audi Q7, which retails for approx his annual gross salary.
You know, because certainly he couldn't drive NK around town in his work truck, and there was a good chance he planned to abandon Shanann's thrive paid for Lexus before he got caught.
CW also didn't even hint that financial stress or being forced to participate in those facebook/thrive videos played any role in his 'rage'.
MOO
Per NUA's interview with LE, CW and SW sold Ford Explorer 3-6 months prior to murder ( lease was up).

They leased Lexus and were receiving $800 /month from Thrive. They were eligible for additional $800/month for another car but they chose to not lease another car, so received an additional $300/month benefit instead.

Lexus is a very nice car IMO. He could have kept it as his personal vehicle. I don't think the car was in Shanann's name only but it was a family car.

CW looking into Audi tells me that the Lexus definitely was going to be destroyed as part of his murder plan.

Possibly but per her texts to many different friends, she was consistent that his change in behavior came out of left field, that he could not keep his hands off of her prior to her leaving, that he wanted the baby ( confirmed by friends). She was blindsided by the change. Her father stated that she decided to extend the trip because she was pregnant and would not be able to travel for a long time with the new baby. Of course there could be things she did not discuss with her family but in her discussions with all her friends per the documents released, she never referenced prior troubles in the marriage and did not understand his change.

Per NUA's interview with LE, CW and SW sold Ford Explorer 3-6 months prior to murder ( lease was up).

They leased Lexus and were receiving $800 /month from Thrive. They were eligible for additional $800/month for another car but they chose to not lease another car, so received an additional $300/month benefit instead.

Lexus is a very nice car IMO. He could have kept it as his personal vehicle. I don't think the car was in Shanann's name only but it was a family car.

CW looking into Audi tells me that the Lexus definitely was going to be destroyed as part of his murder plan.

He also test drove a Tesla. Because he's so entitled and so deserving of a luxury car. Shanann is the one who qualified him for the car allowance through Thrive.

I'm not sure how he could have come out ahead on insurance fraud with the Lexus, though. I'm also not sure he would have continued to receive the income she had generated through Thrive, either.

I recall MG's review. It was hysterical - and a classic!

Yeah, MG read it so we didn't have to!!

NVDL (who calls himself "True Crime Rocket Science"! The ironyo_O) has churned out 6 e-books on the Watts case.
I haven't read them, but its sickening to see this idiot profiting off a FA.

He kind of reminds me of a paparazzo who is so busy getting the photo of a mangled body that he forgets to render help to the injured victim.

moo

I think you are right about all of that except I don't think he ultimately wanted the bachelor life.
He needed someone in his life to guide him
and make him feel good and I think NK was the replacement. Imo

BBM.
One of the things that stood out to me as a recurring pattern in CW's words and behavior, is that he hates being alone.

-When SW was visiting her family he stayed with NK.
-After he murdered his family he stayed over at a neighbor, watching sports on tv and eating pizza as he didn't want to be alone in a "ghost house".
-In his latest interview he told the agents he preferred being in prison in WI because he wasn't confined to solitary as he was in the CO jail.

I don't think CW has any self-identity. He merely takes on the shape of the vessel he's in, i.e. the current relationship he has. He was probably used to two domineering females in his life from early on, Mother Watts and his sister.

IMO, he prefers to take on a more submissive role with women and NK was right up his alley - loud and domineering, possibly reminding him of his mother and sister.

I don't think he murdered his family because he wanted bachelorhood/freedom, he wanted them out of his way so he could be with NK and chose murder as the means to an end.
After he tired of NK and found a new interest he'd probably do away with her as well.

He's just a mirror reflection trying to mimic being human.

moo

Last edited:
He told investigators during the 2/18 interview that he was tested at the
Denver Reception & Diagnostic Center and that he was “put through the ringer.”
  • He took eleven (11) separate tests to figure out his IQ.
  • His IQ was 135 or 140.
(From pg 28 of the written report)

A person who has been humbled by guilt and is truly repentant would be doing anything but boasting about his intelligence. I still haven't been able to watch the entire interview. How did Chris word the info about his IQ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member