GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #71

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by ColoGirl, Aug 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikynoo

Nikynoo Verified Attorney - United Kingdom

@molly1255 what red flags specifically? I must have missed these.

2. Nikynoo

but what are they specifically? BTW I don't think he's either .

3. DaisyKenny

DaisyKenny Well-Known Member

I didn't mean to imply her income was that high. She only made 20% on her personal sales, while most of her $130K total sales in April was more likely at the 4% commission level. It's really impossible to estimate her income not knowing what her downline was.

I have no idea if the $70K figure CW mentioned was based on her trailing yearly income or by annualizing her current monthly income going forward.

IIRC she only started selling Thrive in June 2017, so her future income could have been much higher, especially if she continued to grow her team.

4. Nikynoo

Thank you. I agree, its impossible to know her income without information of the downline. But it must have been enough to cover the school fees (one hopes).

Seenit, pinkie60 and DaisyKenny like this.
  5. NuttMegg

NuttMegg Well-Known Member

Do you think the motive for the murders was school fees?

Seenit, kimpage, molly1255 and 3 others like this.
  6. DaisyKenny

DaisyKenny Well-Known Member

I don't recall CW saying that Shanann "would just give up" or Shanann herself ever mentioning anything like that in her texts. IIRC she mentioned possibly moving back to NC because she couldn't afford CO on her own.

In his mind, that was yet another reason to murder his family because he would have been expected to follow them back to NC. He wanted to stay in CO and woo NK in style.
    MOO

Seenit, pocketaccent, kimpage and 4 others like this.
  7. Nikynoo

its in the prison interview. I'll get the timing for you?

8. Nikynoo

Gosh, no. Do you?
    ETA - actually, you might be on to something. He called the school first thing Monday right? To cancel their places?

clinteastwood likes this.
  9. NuttMegg

Nope, I haven't mentioned them, why would anyone criticize trying for the best schools for your kids. What difference would it make to the multiple murders if they could cover the school fees or not? Don't you think, if they couldn't, they would look for other solutions? If only it were like England, where all 3 to 4-year-olds can get 570 free early education or childcare hours per year.
    I'm sure glad no one ever criticized how I raised children, even happier that no one murdered me because of an extramarital romance.

MsBetsy, Seenit, kimpage and 4 others like this.
  10. Nikynoo

I think you're getting the wrong end of the stick. He murdered them all, for reasons we can only guess at, and which we discuss here. IMO it was several things and not just one thing. Thing is, we will never know, but it won't stop the discussion or debate will it? It is good to hear others views!

11. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Aren’t The Ones Beneath The Bed

If this was financially motivated, he wouldn’t need to kill the kids.

If this was all about Shanann, he would have only needed to kill her (in his mind).

He wanted a new life, I have no doubt about that.

He went the way of others who came before (family annihilators).

Only he could possibly know what played into his decision.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2019
    MsBetsy, Alcina, Seenit and 9 others like this.
  12. NuttMegg

No, I don't think it adds anything to establishing motive by discussing their every childcare decision. If they weren't able to pay, they would have adjusted things same as every other couple in the USA who don't have the subsidized care that England provides. They were already downsizing to a smaller house which SW had initiated for the whole family. Remember how surprised the real estate agent was that CW showed interest that morning?

MsBetsy, Seenit, kimpage and 4 others like this.
  13. Nikynoo

I disagree on the childcare point. The children did not need to go to private school (and BTW parents in the UK can chose private school also which they need to pay for). The fact is, they couldn't afford the school fees (hence the missed mortgage payments). I agree that downsizing was a sensible option, but so too was changing to another school. I could go on and on about other factors too, but in the end its pointless. We all have our own opinions.

14. Nikynoo

BBM - if they can find a space! and 570 hours isn't nearly enough if you're working full time. It would be cheaper to be a stay at home mum and find something that fits in around the children.

Misy, Seenit and kittycat3 like this.
  15. pinkie60

pinkie60 Well-Known Member

They had a lot of medical bills with the 2 kids too

16. pinkie60

Really he lived the life of Riley with Shanann and the kids

La Louve, Seenit, DaisyKenny and 3 others like this.
  17. NuttMegg

Not really. I don't have an opinion about which school their kids went to. For those who criticize the type of care and education they wanted for their kids, rest assured that like everyone else in the USA they would have chosen a different type of arrangement or cost if they had too. By the way, foreigners used to subsidized or free preK/child care often don't realize that kids in the USA generally don't even have that free public option at all. I would guess that 570 hours free sounds pretty good.

What the Watts choice of sending their kids to preschool or day care has to do with establishing motive is just about as valid as criticizing the type of dishes they used, the quality of his workout assemblage in the basement, how much a big couch costs, and so forth.

MsBetsy, La Louve, Seenit and 10 others like this.
  18. Nikynoo

I don't believe anyone has discussed this to establish a motive - that is not the intention here.

They lived beyond their means and didn't give each other enough time (like alot of other couples trying to make it through life). As I've said before, we will likely never know, but we can continue to discuss, hopefully, in a civil manner.

19. pinkie60

I think just the opposite. I don't think she would have stayed with a guy like this for very long. He was too mild.
    Actually he was under more control with NK than his wife

Synergizer Bunny and Seenit like this.
  20. opalonyx

opalonyx Well-Known Member

This is typical with family annihilators. They kill in August so the school doesn't call after the kids don't show up for days and weeks with no explanation.

JDough, La Louve, Seenit and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.