GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #71

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by ColoGirl, Aug 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NuttMegg

NuttMegg Well-Known Member

It doesn't bother me that they spend time & $$ trying to figure out how he got the way he is. I just listened to the NK interview again yesterday, she mentioned when they went camping that she had to show him how to make a campfire, and that he had never camped before.
    This reminds me of a 180deg version of "Starman", ie evil not charming/sweet guy arrives on earth as adult with no experience being human.
    Do men really get to age 33 without ever making a campfire or camping out these days? WTHeck has he done all his life if someone didn't tell him to do it?

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  2. Medstudies

Medstudies Well-Known Member

Agreed. To me? He was only projecting his feelings. How magnanimous, he granted himself complete absolution. :rolleyes:

How delusional, to think in her last moments she was praying for HIM. (Or they?)

While I’m here, I’ll project my thoughts that she may have had: What are you doing? Why?!?! Oh, g-d help me, please save my babies!”

#it’sallabouthim
    EDIT: typos;)

MrsM, kittycat3, GiantPickle and 16 others like this.
  3. yawningreyhound

yawningreyhound Well-Known Member

Something I found interesting in the interview is that CW spent every or nearly every night with NK while Shanann was traveling with the kiddos. Really, Chris? And you want us to UNDERSTAND YOU?

4. MJPeony

MJPeony Well-Known Member

Re: CW's iq. I've also found it hard to believe it's apparently so high, even though I know iq is not just a fail-proof indicator of total encompassing intelligence.

But I found an interesting article (it tends to focus on presidential iq so just ignore that part). Why a high IQ doesn't mean you're smart From the article, a quote that I found particularly relevant to CW is:

"What this means, says Stanovich, is that 'intelligent people perform better only when you tell them what to do.'"

Now if that doesn't fit our general assessment of CW! A shell that adapts to whatever mask he needs to put on. I have to admit, CW was excellent at wearing a mask. Excellent.

*An aside, for entertainment- a brain tease problem that was used as an example:
    "For example, consider the following problem. Jack is looking at Anne, and Anne is looking at George; Jack is married, George is not. Is a married person looking at an unmarried person? If asked to choose between yes, no, or cannot be determined, the vast majority of people go for the third option - incorrectly. If told to reason through all the options, though, those of high IQ are more likely to arrive at the right answer (which is "yes": we don't know Anne's marital status, but either way a married person would be looking at an unmarried one)."

...incidentally, I'm ashamed to admit that it took me a while to figure that one out :oops::D

5. kakadu

kakadu Well-Known Member

Yes, I agree and he has adapted to the situation as he always has done.

6. NuttMegg

I still don't see it. Nothing says that George (NM) or Jack (M) were looking at each other. Anne(?) and Jack(M) are the only ones looking at anyone, we don't know if Anne is married. George, the unmarried guy is not looking at anyone, and Jack (M) is not looking at him. Jack is only looking at Anne (?)
    OMG this reminds me of the GRE. If only that my mind was spinning.
    I'll most likely regret posting this.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    GiantPickle, Traymar, Seenit and 2 others like this.
  7. pinkie60

pinkie60 Well-Known Member

AvaGrace likes this.
  8. Betty P

Betty P Well-Known Member

Yes, this is just more evidence of his narcissism. To absolve himself of guilt for these gruesome murders, he creates his own reality in which his wife forgives him for killing her and their children. Guy lived with a lot of fantasies, JMO.

MrsM, AvaGrace, njlady and 9 others like this.
  9. pinkie60

I think she was asleep and he did similar as the kids with a blanket over her head and his hands on her throat. Probably covered her completely with the.covers She woke up to crushing pressure on her throat her instinct would be to sit up to breathe and he held her down

GiantPickle, Betty P, Seenit and 2 others like this.
  10. MJPeony

Ha- I couldn't figure it out at first either. If Anne is married, she’s looking at George, and he is unmarried. But if Anne is unmarried, then Jack is looking at her. Which means in either case, someone married is looking at someone unmarried.

Now, the question is would CW have been able to figure that out?? :confused: Maybe someone should mail him a postcard with the riddle.

Traymar, angelainwi, Seenit and 3 others like this.
  11. Synergizer Bunny

Synergizer Bunny Well-Known Member

I actually thought about the Michelle Carter "encouragement" to her supposed boyfriend as it relates to this situation, too. NK said that CW could not contact her at all when he had the girls because she wanted him to focus on the girls.

As selfish as she is, there is no way that I believe that this would be the reason. It would be more as a punishment for putting their little lives ahead of hers. She resented them for moving her to second place.

I believe that this was also a signal to Chris. She knew that Chris had already fallen for her (and her manipulation). So, she said this as kind of an ultimatum--them or me.

Why else would she be researching wedding dresses on Sunday night IF she planned on just dating Chris and insisting that he have "alone" time with his girls? It doesn't make sense to me.

Starkville, AlyBaba, MJPeony and 14 others like this.
  12. NuttMegg

I would have solved it had I put those 2 labels (NM) (M) on Anne, instead of the (?). Oh well, thanks. I used to be good at those, until I quit caring at about age 70, lol.

PPl respect the IQ tests with too much adulation I think. They are interesting but not much of an indicator of success, personality, "decent-ness, human-ness". As a biologist I worked alongside mechanics, commercial fishermen, PhD's in science, social science, the whole gamut, and the most "intelligent", to me, working for themselves, figuring things out, self starting, not too much urge to please....were the self employed mechanics and fishermen. Which is why all along I've respected CW for his mechanical ability. It's just the rest of him that's such a waste of protoplasm.

Seenit, CalmSeas, molly1255 and 3 others like this.
  13. Synergizer Bunny

Synergizer Bunny Well-Known Member

I think that they talked that Sunday night for 111 minutes. I also thought that he didn't spend that long at the party--maybe, a few hours. Didn't he take some of the party pizza home and feed it to the girls that night?

Starkville, Seenit, nwmouse and 7 others like this.
  14. NuttMegg

Sounds right, re the pizza. For a guy constantly fussing about eating right, he sure ate a lot of pizza.

MrsM, AlyBaba, GiantPickle and 19 others like this.
  15. book-thinker

book-thinker Well-Known Member

Mentorship is a relationship in which a more experienced or more knowledgeable person helps to guide a less experienced or less knowledgeable person. The mentor may be older or younger than the person being mentored, but he or she must have a certain area of expertise.[1] It is a learning and development partnership between someone with vast experience and someone who wants to learn.[1] Interaction with an expert may also be necessary to gain proficiency with/in cultural tools.[2] Mentorship experience and relationship structure affect the "amount of psychosocial support, career guidance, role modeling, and communication that occurs in the mentoring relationships in which the protégés and mentors engaged."[3]

Would Chris Watts's experience or knowledgeable help guide less experienced prisoners.

The experience of murdering his family in a horrific manner. The suffocation of his two beautiful
    daughters by Chris at Cervi 319 worksite. Cece's and Bella's bodies dumped separately down a 20 centimeters round opening in oil drums I do not Chris Watts' in a role model position

Chris Watts still living in his fantasy world!

MrsM, Betty P, Seenit and 12 others like this.
  16. pinkie60

Lots of nuts out there!!!

MrsM, Colorfuel, EvaBell65 and 5 others like this.
  17. pinkie60

. I don't think I can watch it

Seenit, CalmSeas, kimpage and 2 others like this.
  18. MJPeony

George Jack and Anne- fake characters in an iq brain tease illustrating the way one must be told how to look at a problem (like CW). That's my fault. I'm going to go back and edit my post- might send others into alternate reality and I don't want to derail thread! :)

ETA: original post too late to edit... oops.

19. SaguaroSpirit

SaguaroSpirit .

[​IMG]

BrownRice, Seenit, kimpage and 4 others like this.
  20. molly1255

molly1255 Well-Known Member

It was pizza he ordered on Saturday when he had the babysitter watch the girls, so he could go on his date with NK.

MrsM, BrownRice, Seenit and 12 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.