GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #72

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHAT?!?!

Chris Watts Is ‘Looking into Ways to Appeal’ His Conviction for Killing Pregnant Wife and Daughters

A source close to Watts tells PEOPLE that Watts is “looking into ways to appeal” his punishment — and has been researching his case and other similar cases.

@gitana1 @PrairieWind @Mercedes does he have any possibility of succeeding?
Yeah, I just saw this online. After I was sure I wasn't going to vomit I came here to post it. WS lawyers please reassure us that Watt's getting an appeal is a pipe dream.

If there was any doubt he's enjoying his "fame" this should wipe it out. He probably knows it won't work but he'll get to talk to lawyers every day and tell whatever lies fit his fancy at the time. And go on field trips to the court house. There are no words in my vocabulary to describe how much I loathe this pondscum. Even if I string a bunch of bad ones together, it still doesn't even come close.

I can’t imagine that he has any grounds to overturn conviction and so I don’t think anyone would waste time and money granting an appeal. Maybe he wants to appeal his punishment from life to the DP.
Unfortunately I can see CW's family starting up a page and fangirls channeling their life savings to save him. That's life savings less money set aside for postage on letters they'll send him of course. And maybe a few hundred held back for a Greyhound pilgrimage to see him in court if the day ever comes.

Unfortunately I can see CW's family starting up a ******** page and fangirls channeling their life savings to save him. That's life savings less money set aside for postage on letters they'll send him of course. And maybe a few hundred held back for a Greyhound pilgrimage to see him in court if the day ever comes.
I hope everyone who supports him financially, goes broke.

I sincerely mean that.

This is absolutely nothing to be concerned about.

Even if it’s true (it’s coming from a lone source), he forfeited most of his rights to appeal when he pleaded guilty.

Some evil moron, possibly thinking about appealing, isn’t worth the ink that article was printed with.

This happens all the time.

What’s happened (if it’s true), is that he’s upset about all the negative publicity from his latest confession.

His ego and reputation have taken a hit, and he wants to clear the air.

I’m sure his parents and sister, are encouraging this as well.

Fortunately, it doesn’t work that way.
I don't think he's upset w/negative publicity. I think he likes the attention and any publicity is good publicity. And something to do with his time. I would love nothing more than for no-one to ever call him, visit him, send him letters or ask him anything about anything ever again.

I think everyone is getting worked up for no reason.

A mass murderer is contemplating doing something that has no chance of succeeding.

It’s like me contemplating running for President.

IANAL, but the way I understand it, that ship has sailed. From page 2 of the plea agreement:

I understand that following the sentencing in this matter, I have, in certain circumstances, the right to appellate review of my conviction and sentence. A Notice of Appeal must be filed within 7 weeks (or 49 days) of the sentence. I also understand that if I am determined indigent by the court that I have the right to obtain a record on appeal without payment of costs. Additionally, I understand that I may have the right to seek post-conviction reduction of my sentence in the trial court within 18 weeks (or 126 days) of the imposition of sentence pursuant to Crim.P. 35(b).
That's a comforting bit of info Pommy. Thank you. Apparently CW doesn't have a big enough crayon to make 126 marks on his cell wall. Someone should dump 126 cockroaches in his cell and tell him you needed to appeal before this many days. Then dump 60 spiders in to illustrate how many days too late he waited. I hate spiders but would happily volunteer to be that someone.

I think everyone is getting worked up for no reason.

A mass murderer is contemplating doing something that has no chance of succeeding.

It’s like me contemplating running for President.
I'd vote for you MassGuy.

There is no way CW can successfully "appeal" his plea agreement. Even in the recorded interview with Tammy and the other dudes at the Wisconsin jail, CW stated about twelve times why he pleaded guilty, how his defense lawyers were willing to put forth any defense for him, or say whatever he wanted them to, and offered every chance for him to take his case to trial. But CW declined because he's just such a good person that he didn't want SW's family to hear any slander of her or see any terrible pictures. Oh yea, and he didn't want to put the detectives and responders who fished his daughters skin out of crude oil to re-live any of that either. He didn't want to put anyone through that.

He sounded fully lucid and coherent in those recorded interviews. Expressed zero regret or remorse for taking a plea or that he felt pressured or coerced. This is all mommy dearest and his delusional, nasty family. IMO.

After this news, I went and perused the putrid purple cult group to see their reaction. His staunch fans still think Shanann did it:rolleyes:. There was one good comment, though and that was a reminder his parents were supposed to visit him this spring and maybe that's where this came from.

After this news, I went and perused the putrid purple cult group to see their reaction. His staunch fans still think Shanann did it:rolleyes:. There was one good comment, though and that was a reminder his parents were supposed to visit him this spring and maybe that's where this came from.
As I gave my opinion up thread, it's mostly just re-worded carp from Mom so that comment is probably right. I wonder if PEOPLE pays for those articles. I understand noses have been out of joint since Dr. Phil when the actual living victims, IMO, got a helping hand.

CW could say he was coerced into pleading guilty and he could plead insanity. I'm surprised the insanity thing was not brought up by his parents and his attorney. I have seen where people say they have a psychotic episode.

CW could say he was coerced into pleading guilty and he could plead insanity. I'm surprised the insanity thing was not brought up by his parents and his attorney. I have seen where people say they have a psychotic episode.
He said on camera, with sound recorded, that it was his own idea to plead guilty, he said his PD lawyers checked with him "about 100 times" about accepting a plea, and he signed court papers stating he was not coerced.

Not to mention, he absolutely DID have his day in court. Okay, not a whole day, but still. We have thousands of posts here to prove it
Oh I think Mom, er PEOPLE, means that he didn't have a "day in court" badmouthing Shan'ann for taking home videos of her babies. And hurt his feelings all to hell by asking him to come closer with the camera, all that spousal abuse that the CWcult fans are documenting. (Even though the actual convicted murderer says on camera that "No, Shan'ann did not belittle me".)

He said on camera, with sound recorded, that it was his own idea to plead guilty, he said his PD lawyers checked with him "about 100 times" about accepting a plea, and he signed court papers stating he was not coerced.
I'm so glad those bases are covered. That, and the fact that the time where he could have changed his mind has expired. The best he can get from this is a little time spent out of jail in a court room as a change of scenery. And someone to listen to him talk. That's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong