GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #72

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I think he didn't want to get a divorce because it's expensive and he'd have to give Shanann and the kids money. He figured he'd rather kill Shanann and his children instead of becoming a broke man.

When Dr. Phil asked Shanann's mother, "Why not get a divorce?" didn't she say something about money? I can't really remember what she said in response.

He figured he'd rather kill Shanann and his children instead of becoming a broke man.
This coupled with the need to be seen as a "good guy". How many of his friends at Anadarko and Thrive would still see him as a good guy when he leaves his pregnant wife and breaks up his family to be with his flirty coworker? Oh no, he couldn't let his transgressions impact the perfectly curated image he had constructed over the years. Better make SW appear to be the unstable, dangerous one. Too bad his family and a small section of the public fell for that one.

Although women cheat, the question I have here is a out men.

It seems like 99.999% of the time, men divorce when they have someone else on board. Most people are ordinary and certainly will have financial stress when having to support two households.

Most people are living paycheck to paycheck if studies are accurate.

So how could anyone tell if their SO will be a killer?

CW was not young so he had history of friends and activities. SW thought he was a great father and her parents lived with them for months and apparently did not see anything wrong.

Her brother lived with them as well.

No one saw through the mask.

Plenty of people have unfortunate parents. People have abuse and sexual abuse in their backgrounds. Yet, they are not killers.

What is it?

I saw the red flags list posted and not much stands out to me that wouldn’t fit so many people

human, I think the Why of this is why it is so mind-boggling and fascinating and scary - if we ordinary people could just figure it out somehow, using clues and red flags and odd behavior, we could be safer. I don't think anyone can tell that their SO could be a killer, and especially not when they are more like the quiet reserved CW who wore his mask so well, unlike the overtly violent and controlling types that some of our brave posters have shared about - they knew they were in danger. When you look at the men who killed their SOs, you find some common patterns and behaviors, but only after the fact. In the relationship itself, with someone you love, someone you trust, you 100% want to believe the best of them so you find innocent explanations for those oddities and red flags that are so glaringly obvious in hindsight. In this case, I agree, the signs were subtle indeed. I don't think Shannan, or anyone that knew CW could have predicted this horror. And that is the truly frightening part, that these monsters are right there in front of us, sleeping in our beds and we don't know, we will never know until it's too late.

Her attempts at fixing such a broken marriage and a monster are beyond heartbreaking. She loved him, of that I have no doubt.

Last edited:
And also perhaps show some genuine concern for the pregnant women and two children.

Does anyone really think that a woman who has an affair with a married man cares at all about the other family?

She could throw out a few platitudes, but the proof is in the pudding. Having an affair only is about their own desires.

Does anyone really think that a woman who has an affair with a married man cares at all about the other family?

She could throw out a few platitudes, but the proof is in the pudding. Having an affair only is about their own desires.

Some of the cases I've known resulted in the married man divorcing his wife and marrying the AP.

The kids from the first marriage had huge, huge scars. In fact, one older child ended up committing suicide because he was torn for years by the incredibly nasty lies about his mother that his father and the AP wife continued to spread around town.

After the suicide, the AP went around with a smile on her face and said she'd talked to that child right before it happened and she was soooo glad they had such a good conversation. I knew that child, and trust me, he absolutely despised the AP and if there really was a conversation, it wasn't good.

Yes, this is the scariest part. And not trusting our loved ones won’t kill us isn’t a great path to healthy relationships.

What if there isn’t a distinction in the minds of those killers vs the millions of other “normal” people w/unfortunate backgrounds—until one day there is? And there’s really no way to predict at all? That would be a difficult pill to swallow.
I suspect that is one of the reasons so many idiots have gone after Shanann. She must have done something to cause her own murder and that would never happen to me.

The reality is most of us don’t know what others might do in specific situations. And it’s scary as hell.

You bet me to it Gardenista, not sure about the legality of having those photos removed.

That article also mentions about the upcoming home sale.
“The Watts family home was recently repainted inside, with new locks installed on the front door. A set of stickers on the door confirms the state deemed the home vacant/abandoned.”

The article has the date of the sale as this month but it was moved to July. I wonder if any of our VI can confirm the painting and stickers and who put the stickers on the door. @Colorado303

I suspect that is one of the reasons so many idiots have gone after Shanann. She must have done something to cause her own murder and that would never happen to me.

The reality is most of us don’t know what others might do in specific situations. And it’s scary as hell.
I'm so glad you posted this. I had a hard time understanding why, for instance, the MRS purple podcast ppl turned so gleefully cruel.

At the beginning of the case, when CW did his first porch interviews, I followed one of their FB pages to try to keep up with the case. When the victim bashing grew wicked and ugly, I left the group, because in the meantime, I had found WS, and kept up with the case here. Ironically, I found out about WS thru that awful FB group, so that's a silver lining for side-stepping into that icky weird world for awhile, I guess.

Anyway, I became disturbed by their vehement victim bashing of Shannan, as well as their creepy blind faith (bordering on CW love-struck it seemed) in CW and their incomprehensible allegiance to Mammy Dearest Watts.

I wondered if it was a combo of ignorance, "mean girls" mentality, covert narcissism and, for a few of the "leaders" of a particular group, wondered if maybe the whole thing was providing them with the messed up, once in a lifetime opportunity for them to "hey, I might become kinda famous online over this! Gee, maybe I'll become a true crime internet influencer!".

But anyway, I just read what you wrote and went omg, bingo. THAT is why those MRS pod ppl went so mean girl on Shannan. It's their unconscious way of trying to convince themselves and anyone who will listen, "it will never happen to me...or you, as long as we can agree that Shannan created this". So they bash Shannan to protect, deny and avoid their unspoken terror that the same thing could happen to them.

So Shanann was fed a bunch of bs by the evil greedy about his inside knowledge of oil wells that would make their home value drop:
Discovery page 629. I asked CASSIE if she knew anything of CHRIS and SHANANN considering selling their house. CASSIE told me that in Scottsdale, AZ SHANANN mentioned that CHRIS had oil field insight and knew wells were going to be drilled around the area of their housing area. This will cause their value to drop and SHANANN said CHRIS wanted to sell the house before the wells were drilled. SHANANN said that they themselves were not worried about living near oil wells. She said she loves her home and did not want to leave it. CASSIE told SHANANN to talk with CHRIS about it and she said she would and said again how she loves their home. There was no plan in place to sell the house. SHANANN said she planned to talk with the realtor ANN MEADOWS. ANN helped them get into the home they live in now.
After disposing of his family, the evil greedy then phoned the realtor and told her some bs about a divorce:
Discovery page 670. CHRIS told ANN that no one knew yet, but he and SHANANN were getting divorced after not getting along for over a year. ANN was shocked and told CHRIS that she was sorry. He told ANN that not even his family knows.

This is the comp that was listed for $600K at the time of the murders. It ended up selling for $500K on 9/10/2018.
6508 Saratoga Trl, Frederick, CO 80516 - 5 beds/3.5 baths

NK was very interested in the value of their home and mentioned how the housing market was "on fire". The stupid evil greedy saw that $600K comp listing and thought cha-ching. Their loan balance was $350K, so he probably thought he would net about $200K after selling costs.

I believe the evil greedy was going to destroy the Lexus. A couple days before he murdered his family, he was researching luxury SUVs. While NK was looking up wedding dresses, he was probably fantasizing about living a carefree childfree life and driving NK around in his new Audi Q7, paid for by Shanann's continuing Thrive commissions.
MOO

Last edited:

Yes, this is certainly one of the reasons that Shanann was attacked.

People want to believe that something like this couldn’t happen to them; that they would see it coming.

Statistically, it’s not going to happen to you, but that’s of little comfort to some people.

There are untold thousands of men just like CW, who exhibit many of the same traits.

I don’t for a second, believe that it is possible to determine who among them is going to escalate to murder.

Fortunately, this type of thing is rare on the whole.

This was about him, and not about her. She didn’t cause this, and he alone made the decision to kill his family.

No matter what these people say.

It was mentioned that CW's mother did not nurture him very well according to this author " in the absence of regular nurturing practice and acknowledgement, the fragile bud of empathy and values-based behavior withers and me first not my problem mentality replaces it." CW definitely lacks empathy The name of the book is "Unselfie: Why Empathetic Kids Succeed in Our All About Me World" by Michele Borba excellent reviews

It was mentioned that CW's mother did not nurture him very well according to this author " in the absence of regular nurturing practice and acknowledgement, the fragile bud of empathy and values-based behavior withers and me first not my problem mentality replaces it." CW definitely lacks empathy The name of the book is "Unselfie: Why Empathetic Kids Succeed in Our All About Me World" by Michele Borba excellent reviews

It would be very helpful to know what his very early years were like.

It is obvious why Scott Peterson became what he is.

There are unfortunate issues that affect infants such as if the child is hospitalized for a long time or if the mother is hospitalized for a long time. Lacking nurturing as an infant is a huge issue.

It's going up fast now that PEOPLE and some other MSM have linked to it. Nearly 4k at the moment. “Allowing a murderer to keep a trophy of his victims goes against the purpose and mission statement of the Wisconsin Department of Corrections, which emphasizes public safety and victim advocacy,” the petition states" . Chris Watts Has Photos of Slain Family in His Prison Cell, and Petition Calls for Removal

"WISCONSIN (CBS 58) -- An online petition is calling for Wisconsin officials to remove photos of Chris Watts' murdered family from his prison cell.

Investigators in Colorado say Watts admitted to killing his pregnant wife and two young daughters last summer.

He's being held in a Wisconsin prison.

The Change.org petition says the prison is violating its own ruling of victim advocacy by allowing Watts to display photos of his slain family."
Petition calls for Chris Watts to remove photos of murdered family from prison cell

Last edited:
Allowing him to have their photos as a type of shrine, gives a few impression to others, very favorable to him.
1) he really didn't mean it, look how devoted he is to them Look!!! It's like they are still there!!
2) he took the rap for someone else, of course, look how devoted he is to them, he'd never do that.
3) let's have CW be a counselor, look how a guy can overcome a "few moments" and not let it affect the rest of his life. (His words, paraphrased, he hoped he wouldn't be judged for what happened over just a few moments in his life.)
At first I thought the petition was just a plea for attention from a you tuber, now I think it's a damn fine idea. Don't let him use those wonderful people to create sympathy for himself. Look! He prays to them every night and even reads to the little girls!! Oh, what a guy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members