GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #72

Status
Not open for further replies.

(I’ve created a thread there to discuss these remains found:

CO - CO - Remains Found at Oil and Gas Site, Weld County, 24 July, 2019. )

Wouldn’t that be something...

I always thought this was CW’s first kills, but who really knows, right??

Right now LE isn’t saying which Oil Co. owns this land. I would think Anadarko. Still working on that in the other thread. We have several persons missing from the area. I doubt this has anything to do with CW but boy makes you wonder...that would be something. Talk about “twist”...

Its likely that far out place is just a good spot to dump and not get caught but wouldn't that be some Lifetime movie ish if he turned out to have killed his previous mistress or something? eek!

Just wanted to update the discussion here as related the remains found at the oil and gas site in Weld County yesterday—

No relation to CW as anticipated but boy, sure did make me wonder about a mistress. What a twist that would have been!

You know Anadarko (IF it is Anadarko) is like, “Oh no! Not Again!

CO - CO - Remains Found at Oil and Gas Site, Weld County, 24 July, 2019.

g40007.gif

#ShineLikeShannan

Baumhover’s flashbacks started soon after returning from Wisconsin, where he interviewed Christopher Watts in prison and learned the exact horrific manner of how he murdered his wife and children.

During the prison interview, Watts revealed how he killed Shanann and put her body on the floor in the back seat of his truck. How he then put the girls in the back seat, their feet dangling above their pregnant mother’s body during the entire ride to the rural oil site. He explained how he smothered the girls individually, how 4-year-old Bella had to watch her little sister die.

Baumhover went to Wisconsin because he needed to know what happened. He thought knowing would give him closure.

And it did, he said, but the answers came at a price.

The night after the confession, Baumhover lay on his hotel room bed. Anxious calls and texts from his wife lit up his phone. But Baumhover couldn’t answer. He couldn’t think. He couldn’t understand how such horror was possible and how Watts could coldly detail it step by step. It seemed surreal.

His first morning back at home in Frederick, Baumhover broke down sobbing at his kitchen table. He didn’t know how he was going to tell Shanann’s parents. He knew it would destroy them. It was the first time his wife, Lori, had seen him cry.
Shanann Watts, Christopher Watts murders: Law enforcement grapples with trauma, PTSD one year later
<modsnip >

Last edited by a moderator:
SBM Thank you. What an article. It made me realize how the "glad to see you buddy" pretense towards CW took a deep toll, as they had to act that way to get the information. Even I have been critical of their fawning over him. Should be required reading for all the flippant online vultures.

Not that it would change the "creators'" attitudes when money can be made from stating or implying abhorrent theories and outright lies.

Last edited:
Baumhover’s flashbacks started soon after returning from Wisconsin, where he interviewed Christopher Watts in prison and learned the exact horrific manner of how he murdered his wife and children.

During the prison interview, Watts revealed how he killed Shanann and put her body on the floor in the back seat of his truck. How he then put the girls in the back seat, their feet dangling above their pregnant mother’s body during the entire ride to the rural oil site. He explained how he smothered the girls individually, how 4-year-old Bella had to watch her little sister die.

Baumhover went to Wisconsin because he needed to know what happened. He thought knowing would give him closure.

And it did, he said, but the answers came at a price.

The night after the confession, Baumhover lay on his hotel room bed. Anxious calls and texts from his wife lit up his phone. But Baumhover couldn’t answer. He couldn’t think. He couldn’t understand how such horror was possible and how Watts could coldly detail it step by step. It seemed surreal.

His first morning back at home in Frederick, Baumhover broke down sobbing at his kitchen table. He didn’t know how he was going to tell Shanann’s parents. He knew it would destroy them. It was the first time his wife, Lori, had seen him cry.
Shanann Watts, Christopher Watts murders: Law enforcement grapples with trauma, PTSD one year later
<modsnip >
This is terribly, terribly sad but it does not surprise me. They are human too. Bless their hearts - I just cannot imagine... :(

Two days after witnessing the recovery of the bodies, Colorado Bureau of Investigation agent Tammy Lee suddenly broke down at a Denver hair salon while spending time with her mom and sister. A veteran investigator, she had handled scores of gruesome cases. She expected she would take this one in stride as well.

Instead, she sobbed at the hair salon as her helpless mother and sister looked on. She couldn’t stop, and she went to sit in the car. She called the number for a counselor that she had been given and said she didn’t understand what was happening.

“He said, ‘It was too much, too ugly, for too long,’ ” she said. “And I said, ‘I know.’ ”

She scheduled a therapy appointment for 8 a.m. the following Monday. In the meantime, the counselor asked her to start writing down what would trigger her crying. She listed the incidents — mostly seeing moms with their kids. It would make her think of how Shanann would never get to have those small moments with her daughters again. That Shanann would never get to go to lunch with them again, or buy them a new outfit.

The endless videos and photos of the girls that Shanann posted online, which Lee reviewed during the investigation, created a vivid mental image of the sisters. She kept thinking of the video of the girls when Shanann told them that she was pregnant — how the girls laughed and jumped up and down at the news, pulling their mom into a long hug.

“I felt like I knew them,” Lee said. “I’ve been to many homicides of children. This one was different. I felt like I knew what they sounded like. I knew what they looked like when they played and how they sounded when they giggled. I felt like I was mourning their deaths.”

Reading this makes me realise just how difficult it must’ve been for the three of them when they met CW again back in February. Tammy Lee, Graham Coder and Dave Baumhover are consummate professionals. I bet they felt like reaching across the table and wiping the smirk off his face as he spouted his carp about being a spiritual mentor.
Hard to believe that Tuesday will be one year since he so callously took the lives of his beautiful family. I’d say I hope he is in agony as he thinks of them, but we all know he cares only about himself.

Reading this makes me realise just how difficult it must’ve been for the three of them when they met CW again back in February. Tammy Lee, Graham Coder and Dave Baumhover are consummate professionals. I bet they felt like reaching across the table and wiping the smirk off his face as he spouted his carp about being a spiritual mentor.
Hard to believe that Tuesday will be one year since he so callously took the lives of his beautiful family. I’d say I hope he is in agony as he thinks of them, but we all know he cares only about himself.
Well, someone else guided his hands, he wouldn't have done any of it if he hadn't worked in the office so much and hooked up with the mistress, and god has forgiven him as he works with his spiritual counselor, and even SW prayed for him as he brutally took her life, didn't even fight back.:rolleyes::rolleyes: No offense meant to anyone who truly believes in God, and follows the tenets of their religion. He didn't, he doesn't, and never will.

Last edited:

I agree, this must have been extremely difficult for all the LE, investigators and anyone else involved in this tragedy. I am heartbroken for Shannan's family and cannot even imagine the pain they will continue to go thru for the rest of their lives. I keep all of them including the LE etc in my prayers everyday in hopes that they can find some peace someday.

I agree, this must have been extremely difficult for all the LE, investigators and anyone else involved in this tragedy. I am heartbroken for Shannan's family and cannot even imagine the pain they will continue to go thru for the rest of their lives. I keep all of them including the LE etc in my prayers everyday in hopes that they can find some peace someday.
I noticed that the detective was worried about telling her parents how they all died and not the other set of parents. I don’t know how any human could not react with horror to the images that evil SOB painted.

If he does still have photographs of Shanann, Bella and CeCe in his cell, I hope he can never, ever escape their gaze and realises they are not there for him to look at but for them to be staring down at him ..... and not praying and forgiving you, CW, you robotic husk of a person.

I noticed that the detective was worried about telling her parents how they all died and not the other set of parents. I don’t know how any human could not react with horror to the images that evil SOB painted.
My guess is that he knew/knows Chris’ family a) still doesn’t believe the confession and b) don’t seem to care much that Shanann and the kids are gone.

That article was hard to read. I have C-PTSD and I am triggered by many things but I don't have horrific visuals to accompany what I'm dealing with. My imagery is much more common place. I have often admired, for lack of a better word, my brethren that have to deal with visuals along with all of the other BS that PTSD does to your brain. It has to be another level of pure hell for them.

What's mind boggling is that even just *hearing* about these horrific crimes, triggered so much PTSD and trauma in LE and the prosecutor's office. Yet CW actually carried out these crimes, went home, and responded to an email to count him in for a fantasy football league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni